CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > OpenFOAM > OpenFOAM Meshing & Mesh Conversion

[Gmsh] gmshToFoam warning - cannot match faces

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   February 24, 2019, 12:16
Default gmshToFoam warning - cannot match faces
umd

Una
umd is on a distinguished road
Hi all,

I'm trying to build a 3D hexagonal mesh for use in OpenFoam. I started with a template in gmsh so that's the tool I've been using, but I don't have a lot of experience with it.

The mesh builds fine in gmsh and I don't get any errors, nor can I see any from looking at the geometry and mesh it visualises. However, as soon as I run gmshToFoam on the .msh file I get a whole load of warnings and errors. I am saving in Version 2 ASCII, as recommended somewhere else on this forum.

The warnings I get are:

--> FOAM Warning :
From function Foam:: polyMesh:: polyMesh(const Foam::IOobject&, const Foam::Xfer<Foam::Field<Foam::Vector<double> > >&, const cellShapeList&, const faceListList&, const wordList&, const wordList&, const Foam::word&, const Foam::word&, const wordList&, bool)
in file meshes/polyMesh/polyMeshFromShapeMesh.C at line 595
Found 534 undefined faces in mesh; adding to default patch.

This is followed by an enormous number of this error:

--> FOAM Warning :
From function int main(int, char**)
in file gmshToFoam.C at line 972
Could not match gmsh face 4(12 13 154 150) to any of the interior or exterior faces that share the same 0th point
--> FOAM Warning : Not using gmsh face 4(150 154 155 151) since zero vertex is not on boundary of polyMesh

I suspect the problem is in my surface and volume definitions but I can't for the life of me see what it is. I am attaching my .geo file (hexagonalModel.txt) and the gmsh-generated .msh file (hexagonalModel_mesh.txt). To generate the mesh file I have been using the gmsh GUI 3D option.

I would be really grateful for any help or comments!
Attached Files
File Type: txt hexagonalModel.txt (3.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt hexagonalModel_mesh.txt (71.3 KB, 0 views)
umd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gmsh, gmshtofoam, mesh generation, openfoam