CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > OpenFOAM > OpenFOAM Post-Processing

yPlus for cavitatingFoam

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lorena2fdez

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   June 8, 2016, 06:40
Default yPlus for cavitatingFoam
  #1
Member
 
Quang Le Dang
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 61
Rep Power: 10
SPH_CFD is on a distinguished road
Dear all

I am running a case using cavitatingFoam. However, I have a problem when I want to check yPlus. It is always "command not found". Do you know some ways to get this value?
Thank you in advance.
SPH_CFD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 8, 2016, 08:07
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Lorena Fernández Fernández
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Spain
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 6
Lorena2fdez is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPH_CFD View Post
Dear all

I am running a case using cavitatingFoam. However, I have a problem when I want to check yPlus. It is always "command not found". Do you know some ways to get this value?
Thank you in advance.
You need to use the comands "yPlusRAS" or "yPlusLES". Use "yPlusRAS --help" for their options. Look at simulationType in turbulenceProperties for know which use.

Best regards,
Lorena
Lorena2fdez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 8, 2016, 10:54
Default
  #3
Member
 
Quang Le Dang
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 61
Rep Power: 10
SPH_CFD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena2fdez View Post
You need to use the comands "yPlusRAS" or "yPlusLES". Use "yPlusRAS --help" for their options. Look at simulationType in turbulenceProperties for know which use.

Best regards,
Lorena
Thank you for your answer. However, I cannot perform that command and get "command not found". I do not know that yPlusRas is possible for mixture model in OF or not?
I see here for openFOAM 1.5. They say that yPlusRAS only exist for singlephase.
http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ope...-yplusras.html

Is it true?
SPH_CFD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 8, 2016, 12:10
Default
  #4
New Member
 
Lorena Fernández Fernández
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Spain
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 6
Lorena2fdez is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPH_CFD View Post
Thank you for your answer. However, I cannot perform that command and get "command not found". I do not know that yPlusRas is possible for mixture model in OF or not?
I see here for openFOAM 1.5. They say that yPlusRAS only exist for singlephase.
http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ope...-yplusras.html

Is it true?
If you loaded correctly OpenFOAM your wouldn't have the problem "command not found". I use OpenFOAM-2.3.0 and the comand "yPlusRAS" is recognized.

Generally there's a problem with the function yPlusRAS. It say that don't read the value of nu. You need to change the constant/transportProperties and write in the initial lines the value of nu. Remember restart the file for run the case. For the tutorial example of cavitatingFoam:

Code:
/*--------------------------------*- C++ -*----------------------------------*\
| =========                 |                                                 |
| \\      /  F ield         | OpenFOAM: The Open Source CFD Toolbox           |
|  \\    /   O peration     | Version:  2.3.0                                 |
|   \\  /    A nd           | Web:      www.OpenFOAM.org                      |
|    \\/     M anipulation  |                                                 |
\*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
FoamFile
{
    version     2.0;
    format      ascii;
    class       dictionary;
    location    "constant";
    object      transportProperties;
}
// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //

mul             mul [ 1 -1 -1 0 0 ] 0.0065;

muv             muv [ 1 -1 -1 0 0 ] 5.953e-06;

## Only for yPlusRAS ##
    transportModel  Newtonian;
    nu              nu [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] 7.831e-06;
## Only for yPlusRAS ##

phases (vapour water);

water
{
    transportModel  Newtonian;
    nu              nu [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] 7.831e-06;
    rho             rho [ 1 -3 0 0 0 0 0 ] 830;
    CrossPowerLawCoeffs
    {
        nu0             nu0 [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        nuInf           nuInf [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        m               m [ 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        n               n [ 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
    }

    BirdCarreauCoeffs
    {
        nu0             nu0 [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        nuInf           nuInf [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        k               k [ 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        n               n [ 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
    }
}

vapour
{
    transportModel  Newtonian;
    nu              nu [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] 4.252e-05;
    rho             rho [ 1 -3 0 0 0 0 0 ] 0.14;
    CrossPowerLawCoeffs
    {
        nu0             nu0 [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        nuInf           nuInf [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        m               m [ 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        n               n [ 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
    }

    BirdCarreauCoeffs
    {
        nu0             nu0 [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        nuInf           nuInf [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        k               k [ 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        n               n [ 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
    }
}


// ************************************************************************* //
The idea of the problem of yPlusRAS is like the function don't read transportProperties after "phases (vapour water);" and it doesn't get the respective values.

Best regards,
Lorena
caohuali likes this.
Lorena2fdez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 9, 2016, 13:14
Default
  #5
Member
 
Quang Le Dang
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 61
Rep Power: 10
SPH_CFD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena2fdez View Post
If you loaded correctly OpenFOAM your wouldn't have the problem "command not found". I use OpenFOAM-2.3.0 and the comand "yPlusRAS" is recognized.

Generally there's a problem with the function yPlusRAS. It say that don't read the value of nu. You need to change the constant/transportProperties and write in the initial lines the value of nu. Remember restart the file for run the case. For the tutorial example of cavitatingFoam:

Code:
/*--------------------------------*- C++ -*----------------------------------*\
| =========                 |                                                 |
| \\      /  F ield         | OpenFOAM: The Open Source CFD Toolbox           |
|  \\    /   O peration     | Version:  2.3.0                                 |
|   \\  /    A nd           | Web:      www.OpenFOAM.org                      |
|    \\/     M anipulation  |                                                 |
\*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
FoamFile
{
    version     2.0;
    format      ascii;
    class       dictionary;
    location    "constant";
    object      transportProperties;
}
// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //

mul             mul [ 1 -1 -1 0 0 ] 0.0065;

muv             muv [ 1 -1 -1 0 0 ] 5.953e-06;

## Only for yPlusRAS ##
    transportModel  Newtonian;
    nu              nu [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] 7.831e-06;
## Only for yPlusRAS ##

phases (vapour water);

water
{
    transportModel  Newtonian;
    nu              nu [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] 7.831e-06;
    rho             rho [ 1 -3 0 0 0 0 0 ] 830;
    CrossPowerLawCoeffs
    {
        nu0             nu0 [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        nuInf           nuInf [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        m               m [ 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        n               n [ 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
    }

    BirdCarreauCoeffs
    {
        nu0             nu0 [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        nuInf           nuInf [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        k               k [ 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        n               n [ 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
    }
}

vapour
{
    transportModel  Newtonian;
    nu              nu [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] 4.252e-05;
    rho             rho [ 1 -3 0 0 0 0 0 ] 0.14;
    CrossPowerLawCoeffs
    {
        nu0             nu0 [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        nuInf           nuInf [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        m               m [ 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        n               n [ 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
    }

    BirdCarreauCoeffs
    {
        nu0             nu0 [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        nuInf           nuInf [ 0 2 -1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        k               k [ 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
        n               n [ 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ] -999;
    }
}


// ************************************************************************* //
The idea of the problem of yPlusRAS is like the function don't read transportProperties after "phases (vapour water);" and it doesn't get the respective values.

Best regards,
Lorena
Hi Lorena. Thank you so much !!! it works !!!
SPH_CFD is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Other] Contribution a new utility: refine wall layer mesh based on yPlus field lakeat OpenFOAM Community Contributions 57 February 1, 2015 09:25
Solver Yplus of Automatic wall treatment justjhy CFX 2 May 4, 2013 08:19
How to calculate Y+( Yplus) mohammad Main CFD Forum 3 January 12, 2011 00:23
which yplus (SST) sanchezz CFX 17 January 11, 2010 05:45
heat transfer coefficients with "bad" yplus Andrew Main CFD Forum 4 April 8, 1999 05:43


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44.