Is there a tool available to c
Is there a tool available to calculate the kinetic energy for one or all timesteps of a calculation?
I don't think there is no exis
I don't think there is no existing utility for kinetic energy.
Don't be afraid to take the next step. You can utilize a postprocessing utility for velocity field (.../applications/utilities/postProcessing/velocityField/).
- Copy a utility folder to a new name (for example "cp -r Lambda2 KE")
- Change the file name (Lambda2.C->KE.C) corresponding to your new utility and make the same change in "/Make/files"-file - don't forget to change the executable file name (Lambda2->KE)
- Run command "wmake" in your new utility folder... and hopefully you get a successful compilation. Test if you can run it by typing "KE" (ok, the utility does the same thing as the original and you'll get an error because you're not in the case folder)
- Now modify the "KE.C" file. Remove "gradU" and "SSplusWW" definitions. Rename any "Lambda2" to "KE" in the file. The last line (-eigenvalue...) in the scalar field definition is crucial. Change that to "0.5*U&U". Isn't that what you want to calculate from velocity field?
- Recompile the utility "wmake" and try it with your case.
Hope that works since I didn't test it by myself http://www.cfd-online.com/OpenFOAM_D...part/happy.gif But you got the idea what's the most powerful thing in OpenFOAM!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05.|