|March 16, 2016, 08:25||
Development of External Aerodynamics
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 202Rep Power: 5
Hello Experts in OpenFOAM;
I am currently doing a research degree in Flight Dynamics using CFD. I have already coded;
1. Komega SST vorticity turbulence model
2. transientSimpleFoam with courant number control (a little modification of the original).
3. transientSimpleFoam with dynamic solver ( this makes it I guess transientSimpleDymFoam) ( So I can handle large courant number mesh movements within reasonable limits for dynamic meshing).
I am looking for other areas in which OpenFOAM needs development so that I can code it, validate, publish and include it in my thesis and also for public OpenFOAM users. I was thinking Runge Kutta method applied to incompressible unsteady solvers( may be this is already done). Anyways if any one have suggestion please can you contribute to this post?
But it should be with in the following fields.
1. Incompressible solvers favorably.
2. Wall bounded flows and low Re flows
3. Dynamic Mesh movements.
4. Large courant number solvers for unsteady problems.
( My point being I am not interested in two-phase flows or combustion etc.. i.e. I would prefer it to fit into the category of external aerodynamics.)
So if there are any ideas please drop them in this post.
Thank you so much.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|OpenFOAM v3.0+ ??||SBusch||OpenFOAM||21||October 15, 2016 12:52|
|[ICEM] Meshing according to the flow problem - External Aerodynamics.||shereez234||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||1||March 5, 2015 16:49|
|CGNS Compiling||Diego||Main CFD Forum||17||December 21, 2014 02:40|
|External Aerodynamics Using OpenFOAM||dklcheng||OpenFOAM Announcements from Other Sources||0||September 24, 2013 12:10|
|help in external aerodynamics||jayanth1990||CFX||1||August 21, 2012 14:34|