CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > OpenFOAM > OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD

Set velocity on Dynamic Mesh

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   April 12, 2021, 20:07
Default Set velocity on Dynamic Mesh

Richard Kelly
RichardKelly is on a distinguished road
I am new to OpenFOAM and CFD in general. What I am trying to do is have a block move to induce waves and see how a floating body interacts from the induced waves/currents.

I have successfully ran the multiphase/interFoam/RAS/floatingObject and multiphase/overInterDyMFoam/floatingBody examples. Modified the case for floatingBody to remove any constraints. I cannot seem to find any examples of a body moving through the water to induce waves/currents.

I would like to be able to achieve something similar to the GIF below and see how the waves interact to other bodies in the water. If someone can point me to an example or give me some hints that would be greatly appreciated.

RichardKelly is offline   Reply With Quote