How to calculate heat transfer and solidification?
I'm new with OpenFOAM. I have a case to solve which is as follows:
- There are three solid particles (dimensions about 1mm x 1mm x 3 mm). Between the particles there are little gaps (1mm) containing gas phase. At time t=0 there is a layer of hot liquid phase on top of particles.
- Hot liquid starts to flow between the gaps and around the particles due to gravity.
Schematic picture of the system is shown bellow.
- The problem should be calculated as three dimensional.
The main goals are:
1. Heat transfer to the solid particles caused by the hot liquid should be calculated to obtain a temperature profile.
2. Solidification of the liquid phase should be modelled.
Could this be modelled by adding heat transfer to some existing multiphase model? Is VOF-model useful for this kind of problem?
Is there anyone who could tell me how to get started? I'd appreciate it very much if someone could help.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55.|