Parallel run on remote server
I am trying to remotely run a parallel OpenFOAM run on a remote server that does not have OpenFOAM installed. My machine has Ubuntu and OpenFOAM 2.1.0 and the server is running CentOS 5.3. I can't find much documentation on this type of run so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
How is the server supposed to run OpenFOAM if it's not installed there?
You indeed can run the remote OF from your pc using mpirun even if it is maybe better to directly ssh to the server and run it from there. If you try to run a parallel (and not only a remote run) you have to keep in mind some points that can save you a lot of hassles later:
- same architecture on both the machines is what you want
- same user on both the pc with the same home dir so you can:
- install all the components in the very same directories
- set you pc (not the server) to static ip... just in case you forget it...
- read the break of a dam tutorial which has all the info for running in parallel well explained
that's all I can recall from my previous experiences for now... without going into more complicated things. Try doing this and it will probably work.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11.|