Hi, I've recently been exp
I've recently been exploring the distributed networking options of OpenFOAM and I have three questions:
1. does anyone have a firewall setup that works with openMPI stuff? I'm hesitant to shut the firewall off, but I don't know the steps to setting it up correctly (using OpenSUSE 10.3).
2. What sort of speed-up has anyone seen with bproc stuff? any? is it worth it?
3. The manual seems a little scant on how to set up the cases for distributed vs. non. if I have 2 dual-core processors on 2 computers, how many root directories do I specify, or, if they're the same, is this even needed? Also, what is the speed-up, if any, of choosing distributed computing?
With regards to 3, I'd be happy to test this on my own, but when I set distributed yes, roots 2 ( /home/mjaworsk/..../interFOAM
/home/....same....) interFOAM yelled at me with improper syntax on those lines. what does it really want there? when I set it to "no", it ran fine across both computers.
Thanks for any help on these,
3. per process in your paralle
3. per process in your parallel run you'll have to specify a directory. So e.g. mpirun -np 4 means you need 4 roots. Even if all processes are on the same processor or core or whatever.
Hi Mattijs, Thanks for th
Thanks for the note. I added all four lines and I had been missing some quotation marks. It's running now.
Thank you much.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44.|