Parallelize multi mesh case with OFoam
Im stuck with a problem where i want to parallelize my solver. The problem for
me is that my problem consists of 30 different meshes, each of them placed in the time-step folders 0.00000, 1.00000 ... 30.00000.
It may sound confusing but due to rotation, symmetry and previous developers I cant do anything about that.
Is there a way to take advantage of OpenFOAMs MPI in my case, I would be glad to hear your ideas!:)
OK, I've got a few questions:
Thanks for the reply!
1. Okey, the meshes are representing a time step (which also corresponds to one degree), of a symmetric rotational case. I.e after 30 degrees, or time steps, symmetry is reached and i continues from 0 again.
2. They regions are not regions of a bigger geometry. They are all the same geometry, the difference between them are that they are rotated 1 deg compared to the previous one.
3. Lets say its a circle that rotates around origo.
4. Im looking for a way to be able to use a multi-core system. Only one core is for the moment used. I thought i wanted something like "dividing" the mesh in different sections.
5. It is a transient case with a different perspective of moving in time. The time-steps are fixed.
6. Not an engine thing, no combustion or vice versa. The solver are totally in-house developed and due to restrictions I cant talk to much about it.
Anyway, thanks again and a lot for the reply, my answers may sound diffuse but I hope they can help you!
I've also read the PM you sent me. As far as I can tell, the tutorials/solvers you can look at for ideas are:
Best regards and good luck!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:14.|