CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > Siemens

Full view of an axisymmetric simulation in Star CCM+

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   June 25, 2018, 06:11
Default Full view of an axisymmetric simulation in Star CCM+
  #1
New Member
 
Killian
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 4
killian153 is on a distinguished road
Hello!


Just a little question : can I project an axisymmetric view in Star CCM so I can see a full part of the simulation and not just the half ?

I may not be clear but what I mean is : for example I have an axisymmetric simulation of a convergent/divergent nozzle so the stream is half-cut and I would like to have a full view of the stream like in this picture.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to do that, but I can't find how.

Thank you for your help!


Killian
killian153 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 7, 2018, 11:45
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 3
FluidApprentice is on a distinguished road
Yes of course - click on your Scene > Displayers > Scalar and down in the properties window select the "Transform" option and change it to your symmetry plane
FluidApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 21, 2018, 06:11
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Killian
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 4
killian153 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidApprentice View Post
Yes of course - click on your Scene > Displayers > Scalar and down in the properties window select the "Transform" option and change it to your symmetry plane
Hello thank you for your answer! I already found the solution to my problem, but it could help other people

However, as you answered to my thread, could you check my other one, still about Star CCM ? You may know the answer to my question

Here is the link : Axisymmetric model and 2Pi factor

Thank you!
killian153 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 14, 2018, 06:24
Default does not work for axis boundary type?
  #4
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 3
JM27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidApprentice View Post
Yes of course - click on your Scene > Displayers > Scalar and down in the properties window select the "Transform" option and change it to your symmetry plane

Does this not work with an axis boundary condition?


I am using the axisymmetric model with one of the boundaries set to Axis (not Symmetry) and can only have a 2D view of the domain if I change my Axis boundary to Symmetry plane.



There is only one option available i.e. ''Identity'' under ''Transform'' if the boundary is set to an Axis type rather than symmetry..


Please advise
JM27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 14, 2018, 09:45
Default
  #5
New Member
 
Killian
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 4
killian153 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM27 View Post
Does this not work with an axis boundary condition?


I am using the axisymmetric model with one of the boundaries set to Axis (not Symmetry) and can only have a 2D view of the domain if I change my Axis boundary to Symmetry plane.



There is only one option available i.e. ''Identity'' under ''Transform'' if the boundary is set to an Axis type rather than symmetry..


Please advise

Hello,

As far as I know, it won't work with an axis condition.
It really needs to be set to symmetry plane. I put it as a symmetry plane as soon as I want to see the whole view of my model, but I have to re-set it to an axis condition in order to continue my work.
killian153 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 14, 2018, 09:50
Default
  #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 3
JM27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by killian153 View Post
Hello,

As far as I know, it won't work with an axis condition.
It really needs to be set to symmetry plane. I put it as a symmetry plane as soon as I want to see the whole view of my model, but I have to re-set it to an axis condition in order to continue my work.

Hi Killian,



Thanks for your reply.


Yes, exactly, in order to view whole model I need to do the same thing.


Cheers
JM27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Run Unsteady Simulation in Star CCM+? Andi_Didi STAR-CCM+ 4 November 13, 2017 02:41
2d axisymmetric fluent transient simulation problem zhengxf84 FLUENT 0 August 3, 2017 10:00
Star CCM 8.02 compatible version of Netbeans trsakthipriya STAR-CCM+ 2 July 10, 2013 06:14
problem when imported geometry from 3D CAD to star ccm, TAREK GANAT STAR-CCM+ 1 May 21, 2013 23:15
Problem In Star CCM Plus ramarya STAR-CCM+ 1 July 10, 2011 06:59


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:51.