How to input table as field function

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   January 13, 2017, 06:41
Default How to input table as field function

Jasbir Singh Dhanoa
jasbirdhanoa is on a distinguished road
Hi

I want to make the gravity change with time and I have a excel sheet with time vs. gravity...how do I make it as a field function in STAR-CCM+ so that STAR-CCM+ takes the values of acceleration from the table in correspondence to the time and also interpolates the data that is not present in the excel table.

Thank you

Last edited by jasbirdhanoa; January 13, 2017 at 08:26.
jasbirdhanoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 13, 2017, 13:31

Kevin
kirrer is on a distinguished road
Look in the documentation for the interpolateTable function. Using that, within a field function, you can interpolate table data based on whatever scalar you want. This requires importing the table into the CCM+ model (under Tools > Tables > New > Table from File).

This will interpolate between the table data (so if the table has rows for T=0 and T=5s, it will interpolate the value for T=2.5s. But it will not extrapolate outside of your table (T=-2.5s would just return the value at T=0s, I believe). You can set the interpolation option to linear, step or spline; I usually use linear as my tables are fine enough that I don't need spline. You can also use a version of interpolateTable that will create a vector field function, in case you have acceleration values in all three vectors.
kirrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 13, 2017, 16:03

Jasbir Singh Dhanoa
jasbirdhanoa is on a distinguished road
Thanks a lot... I got it!!
jasbirdhanoa is offline   Reply With Quote