Home > Forums > Software User Forums > Siemens > STAR-CCM+

Multi Region CHT Simulation

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   January 14, 2020, 04:43
Unhappy Multi Region CHT Simulation

gago
akarfirath is on a distinguished road
Hello everybody. I am trying to simulate CHT phenomena which has got solid parts, liquid domain with boiling and also gas flow. I had a assembly of solid parts and I need to extract the volumes of gas and liquid in STAR CCM+. However operation>extract volume command is very sensitive to geometry. And generally ends up with "Can not find topology....." error message. I tried also Surface Wrapper Tool but in that case I had non conformal interfaces at where I have very thin sections and details which leads to poor accuracy in CHT simulations.
Is there any body who worked with this kind of CHT simulations and performed the preparation of the volumes in STAR CCM+? I would be appreciate if you can share your experience with me for this painfull task
akarfirath is offline   Reply With Quote