This open source, digitizing software converts an image file showing a graph or map, into numbers. The image file can come from a scanner, digital camera or screenshot. The numbers can be read on the screen, and written or copied to a spreadsheet.
The process starts with an image file containing a graph or map. The final result is digitized data that can be used by other tools such as Microsoft Excel, Gnumeric and Gnuplot.
- Automatic grid line removal
- Automatic point matching
- Automatic curve tracing
- Automatic axes matching
- Handles cartesian, polar, linear and logarithmic graphs
- Support for drag-and-drop and copy-and-paste makes data transfer fast and easy
- Image processing highlights data by removing grid lines and backgrounds
- Context sensitive help, user manual and tutorials explain every feature
- Preview windows give immediate feedback while modifying settings
- Engauge Digitizer is completely open source and free courtesy of Sourceforge
- Cross platform capability
Engauge Digitizer is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License (version 2) as published by the Free Software Foundation.