Introduction to turbulence
Revision as of 11:57, 21 June 2007 by Jola
|Nature of turbulence|
|Reynolds averaged equation|
|Turbulence kinetic energy|
|Stationarity and homogeneity|
|Free turbulent shear flows|
|Wall bounded turbulent flows|
| Study questions
... template not finished yet!
- The turbulent world around us
- What is turbulence?
- Why study turbulence?
- The cost of our ignorance
- What do we really know for sure?
- Ensemble average
- Multivariate random vaiables
- Introduction to turbulence/Estimation from a finite number of realizations
- Introduction to turbulence/Generalization to the estimator of any quantity
- The equations governing the instantaneous fluid motions
- Equations for the average velocity
- The turbulence problem
- Origins of turbulence
- The importance of non-linearity
- The Turbulence Closure problem and the Eddy Viscosity
- The Reynolds Stress Equations
This text was based on "Lectures in Turbulence for the 21st Century" by Professor William K. George, Professor of Turbulence, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden.