Prandtl's one-equation model
(Difference between revisions)
|(One intermediate revision not shown)|
Latest revision as of 19:43, 22 September 2010
Kinematic Eddy Viscosity
Closure Coefficients and Auxilary Relations
- is the turbulent length scale
- Wilcox, D.C. (2004), Turbulence Modeling for CFD, ISBN 1-928729-10-X, 2nd Ed., DCW Industries, Inc..
- Emmons, H. W. (1954), "Shear flow turbulence", Proceedings of the 2nd U.S. Congress of Applied Mechanics, ASME.
- Glushko, G. (1965), "Turbulent boundary layer on a flat plate in an incompressible fluid", Izvestia Akademiya Nauk SSSR, Mekh, No 4, P 13.
- ↑ The exact constant used by Prandtl is currently unknown by the author. Wilcox mentions that other researchers (Emmons 1954 and Glushko 1965) have used a value ranging from 0.07 to 0.09. Prandtl's one equation model can be written in a slightly different way with different constants. For example, CHAM lists the constant as 0.1643, but also uses another definition of the length scale and other constants (see here).
Return to Turbulence modeling