CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > ANSYS Meshing & Geometry

[ICEM] need help to use ICEM CFD as mesher

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   January 7, 2013, 20:06
Default when you do
  #21
Senior Member
 
Safia
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 7
happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far View Post
I will upload video on youtube to show you step by step procedure.
Dear Far
Could you advise me when you do?
Regards
happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 16, 2013, 23:06
Default Question
  #22
Senior Member
 
Safia
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 7
happy is on a distinguished road
Dear Far,,,,,
First of all, thanks.
Second, I used Re14 to conduct the simulations; however, when I try to increase the number of meshing, I got something stranger where the mesh not unform completely. If you do not mind, see attached file and please tell me your suggestions for its cause.
Regards,
Happy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.2 million elements.jpg (86.2 KB, 15 views)
happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 17, 2013, 02:05
Default
  #23
New Member
 
Mohammed
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
mohw2002 is on a distinguished road
Hi For Everyone
Please can you help me, I am working on my geometry by ICEM-CFD I want to mesh it with Hexa meshing, but I cant because my geometry is complex (pipe 0.022 mm diameter 1300 mm, ten perforations each one has 6mm diameter normal to the surface and the other ten inclined by 30 degree with the z axis. These are perforations held on the first part of the pipe i.e. at 600mm but the other part is blank), I want to do it by hexa because I need to draw the wall shear stress at the wall. I did that by tetra but the result coming from that one the line like a zig-zag.
Thanks in advanced.
mohw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 17, 2013, 04:46
Default
  #24
Far
Super Moderator
 
Sijal
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 4,258
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 43
Far will become famous soon enoughFar will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Far
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
Dear Far,,,,,
First of all, thanks.
Second, I used Re14 to conduct the simulations; however, when I try to increase the number of meshing, I got something stranger where the mesh not unform completely. If you do not mind, see attached file and please tell me your suggestions for its cause.
Regards,
Happy
You need to align vertices to get the smooth mesh
Far is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 17, 2013, 04:47
Default
  #25
Far
Super Moderator
 
Sijal
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 4,258
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 43
Far will become famous soon enoughFar will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Far
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohw2002 View Post
Hi For Everyone
Please can you help me, I am working on my geometry by ICEM-CFD I want to mesh it with Hexa meshing, but I cant because my geometry is complex (pipe 0.022 mm diameter 1300 mm, ten perforations each one has 6mm diameter normal to the surface and the other ten inclined by 30 degree with the z axis. These are perforations held on the first part of the pipe i.e. at 600mm but the other part is blank), I want to do it by hexa because I need to draw the wall shear stress at the wall. I did that by tetra but the result coming from that one the line like a zig-zag.
Thanks in advanced.
Show some pics...
Far is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 19, 2013, 16:52
Default
  #26
New Member
 
Mohammed
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
mohw2002 is on a distinguished road
hi for all
I tried many times to mesh by hexa for my geometry by ICEM-CFD but I faced difficult with it, sometimes I got the solution but without prism layer but I faced the same problem especially when I draw the geometry (quarter pipe), the problem at the CFX-solver as an error below please can anyone help me for hexa and with this problem.

ERROR #002100013 has occurred in subroutine Chk_Splane. |
| Message: |
| The symmetry boundary condition requires that the boundary patch |
| mesh faces form a plane or axis. However, face set 24 in the |
| symmetry boundary patch |
| |
| SYMMETRY1 |
| |
| is not in a strict plane, which means that at least one of its |
| faces is not parallel to the others. To make the solver run |
| you can do one of the following: |
| |
| (1) Make sure that this symmetry boundary patch is in a plane or |
| axis by checking and regenerating the mesh. |
| (2) If the symmetry boundary patch is an axis rather than a |
| plane, change the tolerance of the degeneracy check by |
| increasing the value of the Solver Expert Parameter |
| 'degeneracy check tolerance' (the default value is 1.e-4). |
| (3) Increase the value of the Solver Expert Parameter |
| 'vector parallel tolerance' (the default value is 1 deg.). |
| Note that the accuracy of the symmetry condition may decrease |
| as the tolerance is increased. This is because the tolerance |
| is the number of degrees that a mesh face normal is allowed |
| to deviate from the average normal for the entire face set.
mohw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 20, 2013, 02:10
Default
  #27
Far
Super Moderator
 
Sijal
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 4,258
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 43
Far will become famous soon enoughFar will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Far
it clearly says that symmetry plane is not in the x-y, x-y or z-x plane.
Far is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 20, 2013, 05:08
Default
  #28
New Member
 
Mohammed
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 5
mohw2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far View Post
it clearly says that symmetry plane is not in the x-y, x-y or z-x plane.
this my geometry

mohw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 21, 2013, 04:49
Default drawing customised plane
  #29
Senior Member
 
Safia
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 7
happy is on a distinguished road
Hi there
can anyone show me if CFD post can draw customize plane to cover my split channel see fig 1?
pls, see the attached of top view of my configuration.
I would like to improve the plane which appear in fig 2 to conver all area within split channel at Y= value?
Any input can help.
Regards
Happy
fig 1.jpg

fig 2.jpg
happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 21, 2013, 05:13
Default
  #30
Senior Member
 
Safia
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 7
happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
Hi there
can anyone show me if CFD post can draw customize plane to cover my split channel see fig 1?
pls, see the attached of top view of my configuration.
I would like to improve the plane which appear in fig 2 to conver all area within split channel at Y= value?
Any input can help.
Regards
Happy
Attachment 18336

Attachment 18337
Hi again
another question, can the CFX user draw half circule within CFX-post?
Does from file option can help to define my plane? If so explained to m please.
Regards
Happy
happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 21, 2013, 07:04
Default
  #31
Far
Super Moderator
 
Sijal
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 4,258
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 43
Far will become famous soon enoughFar will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Far
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohw2002 View Post
this my geometry

I cannt see any thing!!!
Far is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 21, 2013, 07:06
Default
  #32
Far
Super Moderator
 
Sijal
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 4,258
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 43
Far will become famous soon enoughFar will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Far
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
Hi again
another question, can the CFX user draw half circule within CFX-post?
Does from file option can help to define my plane? If so explained to m please.
Regards
Happy
I can't get your point exactly

Last edited by Far; January 21, 2013 at 07:23.
Far is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 21, 2013, 19:48
Default More information
  #33
Senior Member
 
Safia
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 7
happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far View Post
I can't get your point exactly
Hi Far
I meant that define the plane normally (see fig 2) cannot cover whole surface area of flow within split channel because it is not circular totally.
My question is does CFX-post draw customized plane (see fig 3)?
If so could you show me the option to do so?
If CFX-post cannot and another softwrae can do, tell me about it, please.
fig 3.jpg

Regards
Happy

Last edited by happy; January 22, 2013 at 01:04.
happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 23, 2013, 20:55
Default
  #34
Senior Member
 
Safia
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 7
happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
Hi Far
I meant that define the plane normally (see fig 2) cannot cover whole surface area of flow within split channel because it is not circular totally.
My question is does CFX-post draw customized plane (see fig 3)?
If so could you show me the option to do so?
If CFX-post cannot and another softwrae can do, tell me about it, please.
Attachment 18376

Regards
Happy
Hi all
I did it
Regrads
Happy

Last edited by happy; February 3, 2013 at 02:53.
happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help icem cfd kakhtar ANSYS Meshing & Geometry 24 March 24, 2014 14:04
[ICEM] Icem CFD on Linux mechanicaldesign ANSYS Meshing & Geometry 6 February 14, 2013 11:39
Transport mesh from ICEM CFD, to Fluent, to Sysnoise Wieland FLUENT 2 April 15, 2012 06:28
Importing Solidworks part into ICEM CFD MetalSupremacist FLUENT 0 October 8, 2010 17:46
Which is better to develop in-house CFD code or to buy a available CFD package. Tareq Al-shaalan Main CFD Forum 10 June 12, 1999 23:27


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:07.