|July 25, 2013, 13:13||
Meshing a wing with a wind gallery
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10Rep Power: 4
I have to mesh the fluid into a wind gallery around a wing. As you can see from the pictures the gallery is similar to a third of a cilinder.
This is what I've done:
- a block sorrund all the geometry
- some splits in order to isolate a block around the wing
- make an o-grid on the inner block in order to sourround the wing
- associate that block to the wing and the deleted him in order to have the whole with the geometry of the wing
- associate the remaining outer blocks to the gallery
As you can see from the quality of the mesh created there are some elements too much screwed. How can I improve their quality?
I've tried to:
- make an o grid on the inlet-outlet face, but doesn't work
- make an o-grid using the right and bottom edges (left and bottom on the other sides). That seems to work but generate others problem along the bottom of the domain.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[ICEM] Meshing of a closed wing||Lukas_ZH||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||34||July 6, 2012 07:15|
|[GAMBIT] Meshing of flipper wing||dv.darshan||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||9||May 21, 2012 01:38|
|[GAMBIT] Meshing a wind turbine for wing tip vortexes||Grog106||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||1||March 29, 2012 06:07|
|Meshing 3D wing (hydrofoil) fails||klausb||OpenFOAM Native Meshers: snappyHexMesh and Others||0||December 28, 2011 15:26|
|3D wing + wind tunnel hexa structured meshing||icemaniac178||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||9||October 28, 2010 09:37|