|August 23, 2013, 08:49||
Help on Solar heating on roof
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3Rep Power: 4
Hi all, i am embarking on a project where i require some assistance on CFD-Fluent as i am a begineer on it.
Description of project:
-To draw a 1D rectangle block to simulate as a building with an additional small rectangle on top of it to simulate as a cool paint coated on the roof top.
-The block is subjected to solar radiation heating over a period of 365 days
-Due to the cool paint coated on the roof top, there is an increase in reflectivity and emissivity that reduces the temperature on the roof surface
-this also lead to an reduction of surrounding temperature
Objectives of project:
1) To find out the (average) temperature distribution of up to 10m from the surface of the roof for a period of 365 days
2) To find out the (average) temperature on the coated paint surface for a period of 365 days
3) To find out the (average) temperature on the surace of the roof below the coated paint surface.
-To draw a 1D rectangle block to simulate as a building with a thin layer of cool paint coated on the roof top.
1) How do i set up a model where i can set up a boundary area where the space up to 10m from my roof surface are considered as part of my model. What software should i use to draw the model before i import to Fluent?
2) How do i input in the emissivity and reflectivity values of the coated roof surface into Fluent?
3) I understand that there is a solar loading tab in Fluent for a particular day and time. However, how do i set it such that it tabulates for a period of 365 days and obtain the average values?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Replies can be posted here or e-mail to email@example.com directly. THANKS!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Heating a Solid with Solar Radiation||Allankey||FLUENT||4||July 19, 2012 06:32|
|Solar Panel Water heating using solidwork Flow Simulation||axtray||FloEFD, FloWorks & FloTHERM||2||September 21, 2011 15:47|
|Simulating roof heating in sun||Arakis||CFX||3||December 29, 2009 19:24|
|solar heat flux through roof||Tim||FLUENT||1||January 17, 2007 17:01|
|how to get the solution of laminar flow past house with solar heating||wiroj||Main CFD Forum||0||October 31, 1999 22:45|