CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > CFX

cfx ansys FSI error

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   July 2, 2012, 09:05
Default cfx ansys FSI error
  #1
cyy
New Member
 
sally
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 5
cyy is on a distinguished road
hi
my simulation often suddenly stopped with the error:

ERROR #002100061 has occurred in subroutine SERVE_CLIENTS. |
| Message: |
| The connection between this CFX process and an external process |
| has died unexpectedly. The following error was received: |
| External process : ANSYS |
| Error experienced : Read

Anybody can help?
Is it my computer that contributes to the failure?
can i restart it? since i have the .bak file at 163 step, but the time step of ansys is 190(i only got a .rst file,not the .res file)

Many thanks!!
cyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 2, 2012, 15:22
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Santiago Orrego
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 8
sorrego is on a distinguished road
Hello.
Sure you can restart your simulation using your backup file. Be careful when analyzing the data in CFX-Post, make sure you have all your timesteps results with you.
I have no idea the cause of your problem.
Santiago.
sorrego is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 2, 2012, 21:59
Default
  #3
cyy
New Member
 
sally
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 5
cyy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrego View Post
Hello.
Sure you can restart your simulation using your backup file. Be careful when analyzing the data in CFX-Post, make sure you have all your timesteps results with you.
I have no idea the cause of your problem.
Santiago.
thank u for ur reply!
I tried to restart with the .bak file at 163 steps and the .rst file, but the ansys convergence failed, i guess it may be because the steps of the .rst file is not the same as the .bak file. some one said i should have the .rnnn flie, but i canot found it in my reslut file.
the command i uesd is : mfou,1
should i also use the the command:mfrc?
cyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 3, 2012, 02:30
Default
  #4
Member
 
omid
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 98
Rep Power: 6
omidiut is on a distinguished road
Hi Dear cyy
It is a very common error in FSI simulation, and may have several reason. its occurs when transferring data between cfx solve and ansys solver failed.

try using smaller time step and refine your mesh quality in solid domain, make sure that there is not any warning or Error in solid setup cell.
if you explain what is your problem i can help you more.
Best regards.
omidiut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 3, 2012, 03:50
Default
  #5
cyy
New Member
 
sally
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 5
cyy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by omidiut View Post
Hi Dear cyy
It is a very common error in FSI simulation, and may have several reason. its occurs when transferring data between cfx solve and ansys solver failed.

try using smaller time step and refine your mesh quality in solid domain, make sure that there is not any warning or Error in solid setup cell.
if you explain what is your problem i can help you more.
Best regards.
many thanks,omid.
yes,the mesh in ansys has a warning.
as the solid model has a high aspect ratio(L/d~10000), also i find the number of the solid cells influence the time consuming of the FSI significantly, so i set the size of the cell in L direction very large to reduce the total cell number, then the aspect ratio of the cells in ansys is also large, and this is why the warning appear, i guess.

but i think i can't refine my mesh to satisfy the requir of ansys, which will lead to a too large number of cells.

originally, i just think i can restart FSI just from where the simulation crashed.
then what's ur advice?
cyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 4, 2012, 00:08
Default
  #6
Member
 
omid
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 98
Rep Power: 6
omidiut is on a distinguished road
Try other mesh method, as sweep or multizone. in mesh sizing details, turn off "Use advanced size function". you can use edge sizing for have more control on mesh quality.
omidiut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 4, 2012, 03:39
Default
  #7
cyy
New Member
 
sally
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 5
cyy is on a distinguished road
yes,I meshed it in ansys APDL,using sweep method. i will try other method.
thank u~
cyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 27, 2012, 22:31
Default
  #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 5
kqlee is on a distinguished road
Dear everyone,

hi,

I'm facing the similar problem with cyy.

When running the simulation, warning occurs in ansys:

*** WARNING *** CP = 1.014 TIME= 13:51:26
The /BATCH command must be the first line of input. The /BATCH command
is ignored.

*** WARNING *** CP = 1.342 TIME= 13:51:35
ANSYS results must be written into the database for Multifield
analysis. The /CONFIG,NOELDB,1 command is ignored.

*** WARNING *** CP = 14.648 TIME= 13:52:05
Element shape checking is currently inactive. Issue SHPP,ON or
SHPP,WARN to reactivate, if desired.

*** WARNING *** CP = 14.742 TIME= 13:52:05
Material number 2 (used by element 12900 ) should normally have at
least one MP or one TB type command associated with it. Output of
energy by material may not be available.

after several iterations, it stops with the error same as cyy.

Is there anyone can help with this problem? Thank you and have a nice day.
kqlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 30, 2014, 04:13
Default
  #9
New Member
 
duan derong
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 2
ronggehejiumeizuiguo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kqlee View Post
Dear everyone,

hi,

I'm facing the similar problem with cyy.

When running the simulation, warning occurs in ansys:

*** WARNING *** CP = 1.014 TIME= 13:51:26
The /BATCH command must be the first line of input. The /BATCH command
is ignored.

*** WARNING *** CP = 1.342 TIME= 13:51:35
ANSYS results must be written into the database for Multifield
analysis. The /CONFIG,NOELDB,1 command is ignored.

*** WARNING *** CP = 14.648 TIME= 13:52:05
Element shape checking is currently inactive. Issue SHPP,ON or
SHPP,WARN to reactivate, if desired.

*** WARNING *** CP = 14.742 TIME= 13:52:05
Material number 2 (used by element 12900 ) should normally have at
least one MP or one TB type command associated with it. Output of
energy by material may not be available.

after several iterations, it stops with the error same as cyy.

Is there anyone can help with this problem? Thank you and have a nice day.
hi,
do U solve the problem,i have the same problem ,can u help me?
xiexie.
ronggehejiumeizuiguo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem running perturbUCyl sen.1986 OpenFOAM 14 March 23, 2012 05:12
error compiling modified applications yvyan OpenFOAM Programming & Development 18 December 17, 2011 15:39
Version 15 on Mac OS X gschaider OpenFOAM Installation 120 December 2, 2009 11:23
Installation of Netgen in SuSE Linux 92 edvardsenpriv Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ... 23 January 16, 2009 07:12
DecomposePar links against liblamso0 with OpenMPI jens_klostermann OpenFOAM Bugs 11 June 28, 2007 17:51


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:20.