|September 28, 2012, 14:39||
Frozen rotor centrifugal pump
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 182Rep Power: 9
i'm actually working on a centrifugal pump. I'll first use frozen rotor to get some good initial values for transient rotor/stator simulation.
I've to regard side chambers and leakage flow too (small specific speed of ratio).
Impeller is meshed with turbogrid, volute, side chambers and leakage flow with icem hexa.
So, what I'm going to do is:
1. make a GGI @outlet of impeller to connect turbogrid mesh with icem mesh
2. make a frozen rotor interface to couple rotor/stator
1. is it possible to make that GGI @outlet or is there a better way, to connect turbogrid mesh with icem mesh? e.g. extent turbogrid mesh behind trailing edge of impeller blade (i mean a kind of offset)
2. where to place the frozen rotor interface?!
3. how to define the side chamber/leakage flow domain in cfx-pre?
stationary? anybody experienced with that?
4. do i meet any problems, if the two interfaces (GGI@outlet impeller and frozen-rotor) are close together?
Thx for your help!
|September 28, 2012, 14:54||
Join Date: Mar 2009
Blog Entries: 6Rep Power: 40
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Assistance in Vacuum pump simulation||enr_venkat||CFX||5||November 20, 2012 12:50|
|Centrifugal Pump Cavitation problem or not.||ismael.s||CFX||13||February 27, 2012 09:00|
|Regenerative pump modelled in FLOEFD pro||YYY||FloEFD, FloWorks & FloTHERM||2||October 5, 2009 05:04|
|A pump paradox||bearcat||Main CFD Forum||7||July 14, 2009 20:02|
|Discharge pump flow||Ali||Main CFD Forum||0||March 5, 2003 18:11|