CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > FLUENT

RNG k-e vs Standard

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   July 24, 2011, 19:06
Exclamation RNG k-e vs Standard
  #1
New Member
 
mohamed
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 7
CFDlearn is on a distinguished road
is the RNG k-e model shows better performance than the standard k-e model in the prediction of heat transfer
CFDlearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 25, 2011, 06:18
Default
  #2
Member
 
anonym
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 65
Rep Power: 8
Laci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFDlearn View Post
is the RNG k-e model shows better performance than the standard k-e model in the prediction of heat transfer
It depends on the flow. Is the assumption of the standard k-e model valid: isotropic turbulence? If your flow is swirling/the turbulence is highly anisotropic, you should go for the RNG model.
Laci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 25, 2011, 16:01
Talking
  #3
New Member
 
mohamed
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 7
CFDlearn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laci View Post
It depends on the flow. Is the assumption of the standard k-e model valid: isotropic turbulence? If your flow is swirling/the turbulence is highly anisotropic, you should go for the RNG model.

thank you very much for response

in my problem flow is incompressible

using k-e is valid

it isn't swirling

my question is general ?
CFDlearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 25, 2011, 16:07
Default
  #4
Member
 
anonym
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 65
Rep Power: 8
Laci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFDlearn View Post
thank you very much for response

in my problem flow is incompressible

using k-e is valid

it isn't swirling

my question is general ?
Sorry, but I don't understand you
Laci is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
convergence with RNG k-e model MAC FLUENT 0 October 20, 2007 06:39
why RNG k-e is better & what does RNG really mean? Bonnie White FLUENT 1 August 8, 2006 09:14
HELP!! Prandtl numbers in RNG k-e turbulence model maoasis FLUENT 0 April 24, 2006 10:51
RNG with Schemit number zwdi FLUENT 0 August 2, 2004 11:54
About RNG k-e Giovanni Ieria FLUENT 1 January 31, 2000 12:04


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50.