|April 6, 2012, 13:35||
Pressure boundary condition issue
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 19Rep Power: 9
1. I am modeling a manifold of an engine with an inlet and 4 outlets (cylinders)
2. I used UDF to define transient pressure boundary condition at four outlets.
3. My goal is to analyze airflow from intake to 4 cylinders at different time steps. Some cylinders are closed and some are open during different times.
4. For example, in first 20 steps air should flow only to cylinder 1 since remaining cylinders are closed. I modeled this by assigning same pressure at intake and other 3 cylinders.
5. My issue is I see a airflow from cylinder 2,3,4 to cylinder 1. It appears that this is happening due to the pressure drop between intake and cylinder 1 is same as pressure drop between cylinder 2 or 3 or 4 and cylinder 1.
Please let me know if this is due to boundary condition specification issue. I don't see any problem in UDF since I modeled the same with steady pressure boundary condition and I face the same issue.
Any help is appreciated.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|mixed inflow/outflow downstream boundary condition question||peob||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||2||August 14, 2014 09:07|
|Water subcooled boiling||Attesz||CFX||7||January 5, 2013 04:32|
|Pressure Boundary condition||abishek||FLUENT||1||July 28, 2008 08:14|
|what the result is negatif pressure at inlet||chong chee nan||FLUENT||0||December 29, 2001 06:13|