|March 27, 2014, 16:32||
CFD/Structural Analysis Integration
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2Rep Power: 0
Does anyone have any experience with linking CFD analysis to structural FEM analysis for Multi-Disciplinary Optimization?
Our plan is to:
1) Generate airplane geometry mesh using OpenVSP and export CFD mesh.
2) Run CFD on the airplane geometry mesh, then export pressure on each facet.
3) Import pressure per facet into a FEM tool such as NASTRAN/FEMAP, and a structural analysis.
After adjusting the geometry based on optimization algorithm, the process is repeated.
Questions for the community:
- Does anyone know of already existing CFD/Structural-Analysis integrated packages?
- Any recommendations for an airplane CFD program for this MDO effort, such as Stallion3D (imports/exports .stl file)?
- What type of mesh would be best for linking the two analysis programs?
Thank you in advanced for your help!
|.stl, aircraft design, cfd-fem integration, mdo, structural analysis|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Acoustic Analysis using Fluent and ANSYS mechanical||ankit1512||ANSYS||0||November 10, 2013 19:46|
|Acoutic fan analysis||arunraj||CFX||3||October 4, 2012 18:54|
|Acoutic fan analysis||arunraj||FLUENT||0||October 4, 2012 05:54|
|Short Course: Computational Thermal Analysis||Dean S. Schrage||Main CFD Forum||11||September 27, 2000 17:46|
|Is CFD Science or Art ?||John C. Chien||Main CFD Forum||36||October 5, 1999 12:58|