CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Installation on Windows, Mac and other Unsupported Platforms

OpenFOAM Mac OS Mavericks

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   January 2, 2015, 04:53
Exclamation OpenFOAM Mac OS Mavericks
  #1
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Hello there, I'm trying to install OpenFOAM 2.2.2 on Mavericks. I've done everything listed in this tutorial:

https://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/I...nFOAM_Building

But when i run ./Allwmake 2>&1 | tee logName.log, i have some issues.

Error .log File (Image)
Error.jpg

Someone help me please. This is my log file. Thanks!

Julian.log.zip
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 2, 2015, 09:53
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Alexey Matveichev
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nancy, France
Posts: 1,303
Rep Power: 23
alexeym will become famous soon enoughalexeym will become famous soon enough
Hi,

as the error is in CGAL interface, what is version number of CGAL library on your system? As 2.2.2 is rather old CGAL could change API in the newer versions, so you get compilation error.
alexeym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 2, 2015, 13:37
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Sorry but i don't know to much. Where can i find the cgal version?. I installed cgal with macports.
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 2, 2015, 14:01
Default
  #4
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeym View Post
Hi,

as the error is in CGAL interface, what is version number of CGAL library on your system? As 2.2.2 is rather old CGAL could change API in the newer versions, so you get compilation error.
I found this: cgal seems to have been updated (port version: 4.5, new version: 4.5.1)

Last edited by JulianRuiz; January 3, 2015 at 01:40. Reason: message quote mistake
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 5, 2015, 01:27
Default Problem not solved
  #5
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Hello there, i applied a new patch. Now my problems are:

Code:
ERROR: ParaView not found in 
make[2]: *** [/Users/Julian/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.2/platforms/darwinIntel64Gcc46DPOpt/bin/surfaceFeatureExtract] Error 1
make[1]: *** [surfaceFeatureExtract] Error 2
make[1]: Target `application' not remade because of errors.
make: *** [surface] Error 2
make: Target `application' not remade because of errors.
make[2]: *** [/Users/Julian/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.2/platforms/darwinIntel64Gcc46DPOpt/bin/fireFoam] Error 1
make[1]: *** [fireFoam] Error 2
make[1]: Target `application' not remade because of errors.
make: *** [combustion] Error 2
make[2]: *** [/Users/Julian/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.2/platforms/darwinIntel64Gcc46DPOpt/bin/SRFSimpleFoam] Error 1
make: Target `application' not remade because of errors.
I don't know what to do. Help please . I need OpenFOAM to compile LIGGGHTS (CFDEM)
THKS!
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 5, 2015, 07:33
Default
  #6
Senior Member
 
Alexey Matveichev
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nancy, France
Posts: 1,303
Rep Power: 23
alexeym will become famous soon enoughalexeym will become famous soon enough
Hi,

You can start by posting full log-file (as the part you've posted lacks the reason for the error). Also, as the tutorial you're referencing contains lots of links to the patches, you can specify what patch did you use.
alexeym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 5, 2015, 10:05
Default
  #7
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeym View Post
Hi,

You can start by posting full log-file (as the part you've posted lacks the reason for the error). Also, as the tutorial you're referencing contains lots of links to the patches, you can specify what patch did you use.
Hi alexeym!

I applied a SurfaceCGALfix patch posted here (#54):
Patches to compile OpenFOAM 2.2 on Mac OS X

With that patch some errors disappeared.

My last log file:
Julian.log.zip

Thks!
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 5, 2015, 13:08
Default
  #8
Senior Member
 
Alexey Matveichev
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nancy, France
Posts: 1,303
Rep Power: 23
alexeym will become famous soon enoughalexeym will become famous soon enough
Hi,

errors in your log-file:

#1

Code:
g++-mp-4.6 ... -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -lboost_thread-mt -lmpfr -L/opt/local/lib -llapack -latlas -lgfortran -lblas -lCGAL -lmeshTools -ledgeMesh -ltriSurface -lsampling -lOpenFOAM -ldl   -lpthread -lm -o .../OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.2/platforms/darwinIntel64Gcc46DPOp
t/bin/surfaceFeatureExtract
ld: library not found for -latlas
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
You don't have Atlas library installed. Guess, LAPACK_LIB variable contains this value. It is set in OpenFOAM-2.2.2/applications/utilities/surface/surfaceFeatureExtract/Allwmake script. Try installing Atlas using Macports. Or remove -latlas from the variable.

Same thing with surfaceFind utility.

#2

Code:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "Foam::compressible::turbulenceModel::New(Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::v
olMesh> const&, Foam::GeometricField<Foam::Vector<double>, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh> const&
, Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvsPatchField, Foam::surfaceMesh> const&, Foam::fluidThermo con
st&, Foam::word const&)", referenced from:
      _main in fireFoam.o
  "Foam::compressible::turbulenceModel::typeName", referenced from:
      _main in fireFoam.o
...
Problem with Make/options file for fireFoam utility, certain libraries are missing from EXE_LIBS line.

#3

Code:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "Foam::incompressible::turbulenceModel::typeName", referenced from:
      _main in SRFSimpleFoam.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Same thing as #2.

Other parts of OpenFOAM should be usable. If you can live without those utilities and solvers, you can proceed with building LIGGGHTS.
alexeym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 6, 2015, 12:44
Default
  #9
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeym View Post
Hi,

errors in your log-file:

#1

Code:
g++-mp-4.6 ... -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -lboost_thread-mt -lmpfr -L/opt/local/lib -llapack -latlas -lgfortran -lblas -lCGAL -lmeshTools -ledgeMesh -ltriSurface -lsampling -lOpenFOAM -ldl   -lpthread -lm -o .../OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.2/platforms/darwinIntel64Gcc46DPOp
t/bin/surfaceFeatureExtract
ld: library not found for -latlas
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
You don't have Atlas library installed. Guess, LAPACK_LIB variable contains this value. It is set in OpenFOAM-2.2.2/applications/utilities/surface/surfaceFeatureExtract/Allwmake script. Try installing Atlas using Macports. Or remove -latlas from the variable.

Same thing with surfaceFind utility.

#2

Code:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "Foam::compressible::turbulenceModel::New(Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::v
olMesh> const&, Foam::GeometricField<Foam::Vector<double>, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh> const&
, Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvsPatchField, Foam::surfaceMesh> const&, Foam::fluidThermo con
st&, Foam::word const&)", referenced from:
      _main in fireFoam.o
  "Foam::compressible::turbulenceModel::typeName", referenced from:
      _main in fireFoam.o
...
Problem with Make/options file for fireFoam utility, certain libraries are missing from EXE_LIBS line.

#3

Code:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "Foam::incompressible::turbulenceModel::typeName", referenced from:
      _main in SRFSimpleFoam.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Same thing as #2.

Other parts of OpenFOAM should be usable. If you can live without those utilities and solvers, you can proceed with building LIGGGHTS.
Hi alexeym, thanks for you patience.

I have some questions.

#1: I builded atlas using macports. My console looks like this:
Attachment 36370

But i noticed that atlas is using gcc4.9. But when i biulded OpenFOAM it's using gcc4.6. Do i have to configure atlas to work with other gcc version?

#2 & #3: You said that my library is missing. I'm not an expert building things in terminal. So could you be more specific please, what i have to do?. I'll appreciate that.

I'll be using LIGGGHTS (CFDEM) to simulate two-phase flow into hydrocyclone. if you think that i have problems with other solvers that matter in this case, tell me please.

Here it is my log file after building atlas.

Julian.log.zip

I''ll be waiting for your answer.
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 6, 2015, 13:08
Default
  #10
Senior Member
 
Alexey Matveichev
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nancy, France
Posts: 1,303
Rep Power: 23
alexeym will become famous soon enoughalexeym will become famous soon enough
Hi,

Attachment 36370 was lost somehow. Any way errors caused by absent Atlas disappeared from log-file. Ether you can leave everything as it is, or you can try to check if atlas port has gcc46 variant and build it with gcc46.

The only errors I was able to find in attached log file is of the following type:

Code:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "Foam::compressible::turbulenceModel::New(Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh> const&, Foam::GeometricField<Foam::Vector<double>, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh> const&, Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvsPatchField, Foam::surfaceMesh> const&, Foam::fluidThermo const&, Foam::word const&)", referenced from:
      _main in fireFoam.o
  "Foam::compressible::turbulenceModel::typeName", referenced from:
      _main in fireFoam.o
...
Usually this is caused by absent -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel in Make/options. For example here's relevant part of Make/options for fireFoam:

Code:
EXE_LIBS = \
    ...
    -lcompressibleRASModels \
    -lcompressibleLESModels \
    ...
    -lODE
On OS X usually you have to add -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel before -lcompressibleRASModels. I.e. Make/options should be something like:

Code:
EXE_INC = \
    ...

EXE_LIBS = \
    ...
    -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \
    -lcompressibleRASModels \
    -lcompressibleLESModels \
    ...
    -lODE
This addition is necessary for fireFoam and SRFSimpleFoam.

As I've never built/used LIGGGHTS I can't tell you what problems you can encounter with it. Maybe you'll need to add -lincompressibleTurbulenceModel to Make/options of the solver and library.
alexeym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 6, 2015, 14:13
Default
  #11
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I'll let atlas work under defautl gcc version (not 4.6, i'll try to change it if i have problems with LIGGGHTS).

These lines
Quote:
EXE_INC = \
...

EXE_LIBS = \
...
-lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \
-lcompressibleRASModels \
-lcompressibleLESModels \
...
-lODE
i have to run them with terminal or copy and pasty into sort kind of file. Sorry but i didn't understand that part.
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 6, 2015, 15:27
Default
  #12
Senior Member
 
Alexey Matveichev
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nancy, France
Posts: 1,303
Rep Power: 23
alexeym will become famous soon enoughalexeym will become famous soon enough
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianRuiz View Post
i have to run them with terminal or copy and pasty into sort kind of file. Sorry but i didn't understand that part.
You have to go to $FOAM_APP/solvers/combustion/fireFoam, open Make/options file in editor and add '-lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \' line before '-lcompressibleRASModels \'. Then you run wmake in $FOAM_APP/solvers/combustion/fireFoam folder (it's rather strange that this change is not a part of the patches you've applied).

So in terminal it should be something like

Code:
$ cd $FOAM_APP/solvers/combustion/fireFoam
$ sed -i~ 's/-lcompressibleLESModels/& -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel/g' Make/options
$ wmake
Do the same thing with SRFSimpleFoam. Though, if you're not planning to use these two solvers I'm not quite sure these edits worth doing.
alexeym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 6, 2015, 15:47
Default
  #13
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
I run the code posted above, ending with this message:

Salida guardada del terminal.txt
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 6, 2015, 15:58
Default
  #14
Senior Member
 
Alexey Matveichev
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nancy, France
Posts: 1,303
Rep Power: 23
alexeym will become famous soon enoughalexeym will become famous soon enough
Hi,

This time it's another library. Here's contents of Make/options from my installation:

Code:
EXE_INC = \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/fvOptions/lnInclude \
    -I${LIB_SRC}/meshTools/lnInclude \
    -I${LIB_SRC}/sampling/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/turbulenceModels/compressible/turbulenceModel \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/distributionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solid/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solidThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solidChemistryModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/combustionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/solidProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/solidMixtureProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/liquidProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/liquidMixtureProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/thermophysicalFunctions/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/reactionThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/SLGThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/radiationModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/combustionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/regionModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/surfaceFilmModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/pyrolysisModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/basic/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/intermediate/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/ODE/lnInclude


EXE_LIBS = \
    -lfiniteVolume \
    -lfvOptions \
    -lmeshTools \
    -lsampling \
    -lcompressibleRASModels \
    -lcompressibleLESModels \
    -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \
    -lspecie \
    -lfluidThermophysicalModels \
    -lsolidProperties \
    -lsolidMixtureProperties \
    -lthermophysicalFunctions \
    -lreactionThermophysicalModels \
    -lSLGThermo \
    -lchemistryModel \
    -lsolidChemistryModel \
    -lcombustionModels \
    -lregionModels \
    -lradiationModels \
    -lsurfaceFilmModels \
    -lpyrolysisModels \
    -lregionCoupling \
    -llagrangianIntermediate \
    -llagrangian \
    -lODE
Compare it with yours, add missing "-l..." lines (this time open file in editor), run wmake.
alexeym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 6, 2015, 16:23
Default
  #15
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeym View Post
Hi,

This time it's another library. Here's contents of Make/options from my installation:

Code:
EXE_INC = \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/fvOptions/lnInclude \
    -I${LIB_SRC}/meshTools/lnInclude \
    -I${LIB_SRC}/sampling/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/turbulenceModels/compressible/turbulenceModel \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/distributionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solid/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solidThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solidChemistryModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/combustionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/solidProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/solidMixtureProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/liquidProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/liquidMixtureProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/thermophysicalFunctions/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/reactionThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/SLGThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/radiationModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/combustionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/regionModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/surfaceFilmModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/pyrolysisModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/basic/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/intermediate/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/ODE/lnInclude


EXE_LIBS = \
    -lfiniteVolume \
    -lfvOptions \
    -lmeshTools \
    -lsampling \
    -lcompressibleRASModels \
    -lcompressibleLESModels \
    -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \
    -lspecie \
    -lfluidThermophysicalModels \
    -lsolidProperties \
    -lsolidMixtureProperties \
    -lthermophysicalFunctions \
    -lreactionThermophysicalModels \
    -lSLGThermo \
    -lchemistryModel \
    -lsolidChemistryModel \
    -lcombustionModels \
    -lregionModels \
    -lradiationModels \
    -lsurfaceFilmModels \
    -lpyrolysisModels \
    -lregionCoupling \
    -llagrangianIntermediate \
    -llagrangian \
    -lODE
Compare it with yours, add missing "-l..." lines (this time open file in editor), run wmake.
I the directory
$ cd $FOAM_APP/solvers/combustion/fireFoam
i opened the Make/options file with sudo nano .Make/options (or vi .Make/options) but this file is empty, it seems is a new directory.
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 6, 2015, 23:02
Default
  #16
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeym View Post
Hi,

This time it's another library. Here's contents of Make/options from my installation:

Code:
EXE_INC = \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/fvOptions/lnInclude \
    -I${LIB_SRC}/meshTools/lnInclude \
    -I${LIB_SRC}/sampling/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/turbulenceModels/compressible/turbulenceModel \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/distributionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solid/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solidThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solidChemistryModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/combustionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/solidProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/solidMixtureProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/liquidProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/liquidMixtureProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/thermophysicalFunctions/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/reactionThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/SLGThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/radiationModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/combustionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/regionModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/surfaceFilmModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/pyrolysisModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/basic/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/intermediate/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/ODE/lnInclude


EXE_LIBS = \
    -lfiniteVolume \
    -lfvOptions \
    -lmeshTools \
    -lsampling \
    -lcompressibleRASModels \
    -lcompressibleLESModels \
    -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \
    -lspecie \
    -lfluidThermophysicalModels \
    -lsolidProperties \
    -lsolidMixtureProperties \
    -lthermophysicalFunctions \
    -lreactionThermophysicalModels \
    -lSLGThermo \
    -lchemistryModel \
    -lsolidChemistryModel \
    -lcombustionModels \
    -lregionModels \
    -lradiationModels \
    -lsurfaceFilmModels \
    -lpyrolysisModels \
    -lregionCoupling \
    -llagrangianIntermediate \
    -llagrangian \
    -lODE
Compare it with yours, add missing "-l..." lines (this time open file in editor), run wmake.
hi alexeym, finally i found the file (make/options). it looks like this:
Code:
EXE_INC = \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/fvOptions/lnInclude \
    -I${LIB_SRC}/meshTools/lnInclude \
    -I${LIB_SRC}/sampling/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/turbulenceModels/compressible/turbulenceModel \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/distributionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solid/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solidThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solidChemistryModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/combustionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/solidProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/solidMixtureProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/liquidProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/liquidMixtureProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/thermophysicalFunctions/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/reactionThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/SLGThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/radiationModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/combustionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/regionModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/surfaceFilmModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/pyrolysisModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/basic/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/intermediate/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/ODE/lnInclude


EXE_LIBS = \
    -lfiniteVolume \
    -lfvOptions \
    -lmeshTools \
    -lsampling \
    -lcompressibleRASModels \
    -lcompressibleLESModels -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \
    -lspecie \
    -lfluidThermophysicalModels \
    -lsolidProperties \
    -lsolidMixtureProperties \
    -lthermophysicalFunctions \
    -lreactionThermophysicalModels \
    -lSLGThermo \
    -lchemistryModel \
    -lsolidChemistryModel \
    -lcombustionModels \
"options" 55L, 2308C
What do you think?.
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 7, 2015, 03:10
Default
  #17
Senior Member
 
Alexey Matveichev
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nancy, France
Posts: 1,303
Rep Power: 23
alexeym will become famous soon enoughalexeym will become famous soon enough
Hi,

Obviously your EXE_LIBS line is shorter than mine. Backup your file, copy-paste mine, try to compile.

But again, you don't need fireFoam to compile LIGGGHTS. Maybe it's better to try to compile that solver instead fireFoam.
alexeym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 7, 2015, 07:07
Default
  #18
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Hi alexeym!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeym View Post
Hi,

Obviously your EXE_LIBS line is shorter than mine. Backup your file, copy-paste mine, try to compile.

But again, you don't need fireFoam to compile LIGGGHTS. Maybe it's better to try to compile that solver instead fireFoam.
fireFoam doesn't matter. I'm worry about compressible solvers
i't shouldn't be this:
My EXE_LIBS
Code:
-lcompressibleLESModels -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \
i'll change that part, copy and paste your EXE_LIBS for:
Code:
    -lcompressibleRASModels \
    -lcompressibleLESModels \
    -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \
then run wmake

will it make the difference?

Last edited by JulianRuiz; January 7, 2015 at 07:16. Reason: Mistake EXE_LIBS
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 7, 2015, 08:37
Default
  #19
Senior Member
 
Alexey Matveichev
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nancy, France
Posts: 1,303
Rep Power: 23
alexeym will become famous soon enoughalexeym will become famous soon enough
Hi,

You've got several -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel in your options cause you've run sed command several times.

I've noticed that options content you posted is truncated. Post whole file, please.

Answering your question: no it will not make any difference.

Also, a) as you can see, all compressible solvers were built without any problems, b) LIGGGHTS uses incompressible turbulence models (as far as I can see by the options file in their git repository).
alexeym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 7, 2015, 11:26
Default
  #20
New Member
 
Julian Ruiz
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 3
JulianRuiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeym View Post
Hi,

You've got several -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel in your options cause you've run sed command several times.

I've noticed that options content you posted is truncated. Post whole file, please.

Answering your question: no it will not make any difference.

Also, a) as you can see, all compressible solvers were built without any problems, b) LIGGGHTS uses incompressible turbulence models (as far as I can see by the options file in their git repository).
Hi alexeym

My file only has this content:
Code:
EXE_INC = \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/finiteVolume/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/fvOptions/lnInclude \
    -I${LIB_SRC}/meshTools/lnInclude \
    -I${LIB_SRC}/sampling/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/turbulenceModels/compressible/turbulenceModel \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/distributionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solid/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/basic/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solidThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/chemistryModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/solidChemistryModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/combustionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/solidProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/solidMixtureProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/liquidProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/properties/liquidMixtureProperties/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/thermophysicalFunctions/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/reactionThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/SLGThermo/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/thermophysicalModels/radiationModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/combustionModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/regionModel/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/surfaceFilmModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/regionModels/pyrolysisModels/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/basic/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/lagrangian/intermediate/lnInclude \
    -I$(LIB_SRC)/ODE/lnInclude


EXE_LIBS = \
    -lfiniteVolume \
    -lfvOptions \
    -lmeshTools \
    -lsampling \
    -lcompressibleRASModels \
    -lcompressibleLESModels -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \
    -lspecie \
    -lfluidThermophysicalModels \
    -lsolidProperties \
    -lsolidMixtureProperties \
    -lthermophysicalFunctions \
    -lreactionThermophysicalModels \
    -lSLGThermo \
    -lchemistryModel \
    -lsolidChemistryModel \
    -lcombustionModels \
"options" 55L, 2308C
#1
Do you think that i'll not have troubles building LIGGGHTS with these errors?

#2
How can i fix this:
Code:
-lcompressibleLESModels -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel -lcompressibleTurbulenceModel \
is it necessary?
JulianRuiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
error, mac, mavericks, openfoam 2.2.2, problems

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Superlinear speedup in OpenFOAM 13 msrinath80 OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 18 March 3, 2015 06:36
Questions regarding to install OpenFOAMv2.3.0 in Mac Mavericks JianT88 OpenFOAM Installation on Windows, Mac and other Unsupported Platforms 1 June 8, 2014 05:25
Installing swak4Foam to OpenFOAM in mac Kaquesang OpenFOAM Installation on Windows, Mac and other Unsupported Platforms 22 January 21, 2013 12:51
Cross-compiling OpenFOAM 1.7.0 on Linux for Windows 32 and 64bits with Mingw-w64 wyldckat OpenFOAM Announcements from Other Sources 3 September 8, 2010 06:25
Modified OpenFOAM Forum Structure and New Mailing-List pete Site News & Announcements 0 June 29, 2009 05:56


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:28.