Paraview: Does it require mpfr?

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   March 1, 2010, 03:22
Default Paraview: Does it require mpfr?

Karin Axelsson
ka1184 is on a distinguished road
Hi!
I'm a new Linux user, trying to install OpenFOAM+Paraview. From what I've understood I need a newer version of Qt, so I downloaded qt4.6.2 but when I'm trying to configure the computer says

error while loading shared libraries: libmpfr.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do I need to install something called mpfr on my computer? What is mpfr?
Do I also need to download libraries?
I've searched thorugh all the libraries on the computer and there are none starting with limmpfr, so I guess that means that I don't have mpfr....?

Very thankful for any help!
ka1184 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 2, 2010, 03:13

Mark Olesen
olesen will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1184 View Post
Hi!
I'm a new Linux user, trying to install OpenFOAM+Paraview. From what I've understood I need a newer version of Qt, so I downloaded qt4.6.2 but when I'm trying to configure the computer says

error while loading shared libraries: libmpfr.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do I need to install something called mpfr on my computer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1184 View Post
What is mpfr?
The newer gcc use gmp and mpfr. If you try searching the web (eg, using google, yahoo, etc) you really should find this link somewhere near the top of the search results: http://www.mpfr.org/
olesen is offline   Reply With Quote