|October 15, 2013, 11:11||
Mesh for porous media
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 9Rep Power: 6
I have a binary array (1 - is void, 0 - rock). Is there any method to convert such array to foam mesh?
typical slice of pore -
|October 16, 2013, 08:54||
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: France, grenoble
Posts: 262Rep Power: 10
I do not know if there is a straightforward tools for this task, but you may try this method:
1) create a mesh (with blockmesh or other) of a big box (should be the size of your domain array, or bigger ?)
NB: mesh should be fine enough to get small cavity.
2) try to map your binary data to a field: take a look at how we can export data from coordinate to the mesh structure. Don't know how to do this here, but this is possible.
3) with topoSet, you can create a cellset with source as a "fieldToCell": you can extract here void and rock cellset
4) then you can keep only void cells, or both is your are going to do multiregion. Use "subSetMesh" to get your mesh from the cellSet.
5) refine your mesh if needed with refineMesh.
As you can see, the only difficult part is n°2: mapping your field data in OF.
Last edited by olivierG; October 16, 2013 at 08:58. Reason: missing info.
|October 16, 2013, 11:18||
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sindelfingen, Germany
Blog Entries: 5Rep Power: 15
i would suggest to read
"Simulation Of Displacement Efficiency In Micromodels"
T. Clemens*, K. Tsikouris**
from "Open Source CFD International Conference 2011"
usually you should get presentations http://www.opensourcecfd.com/conference2013/
but there are dead links!! so the "Previous Events" will not work as I tried today
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[ICEM] surface mesh merging problem||everest||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||44||April 14, 2016 06:41|
|how to set periodic boundary conditions||Ganesh||FLUENT||13||January 22, 2014 05:11|
|Add Mesh Layers doesnt work on the whole surface||Kryo||OpenFOAM Native Meshers: snappyHexMesh and Others||8||September 13, 2012 09:28|
|Layers:problem with curvature||giulio.topazio||OpenFOAM Native Meshers: snappyHexMesh and Others||10||August 22, 2012 09:03|
|basic of mesh refinement||arya||CFX||4||June 19, 2007 12:21|