|September 9, 2015, 07:55||
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 54Rep Power: 3
I am using openFoam 2.3-2.4 to simulate pump in steady state. I am using kOmegaSST turbulence and using simpleFoam with fvOptions to simulate. Also I have two cell zones one for rotor and other for stator and both of them I have connected through AMI patches.
I have following problems
1) Continuity eqn is not getting satisfied. That is inlet flowrate is not equal to flowrate at outlet. At inlet I have flowrate of 0.135 and flowrate at outlet am getting is 0.125. I am unable to find why there is a loss in flowrate.
2) I am not sure if my boundary conditions for AMI patches are correct. I have gone through tutorials and many discussions in forums but did not get a clear idea. I have given as cyclicAMI and value as $internalField as specified in the tutorials for all the fields. Am I doing anything wrong ??
3) I am using function objects to calculate the forces and moments. But I see that the moments calulated by openFoam are not meaningful. Am not sure is it due to wrong usage of the function objects or if there are any bugs for function objects.
Please guide me how can I go forward with this situation. Am stuck at this point since many days and new to openfoam.
Any suggestions or informations are welcomed
Thanks in advance
I have attached the following for reference.
Please help me in this regard.
1) residuals plot for velocities, pressure, k and omega
2) zero folder for initial conditions
3) boundaries file from polymesh folder and log file in others folder
4) solution folder which has all solver settings
Note: in the log file i have only entries for first 5 iterations and last 5 iterations. I have deleted others as the file size was big.
Last edited by wyldckat; September 9, 2015 at 15:46. Reason: merged posts that were a few minutes apart
|ami, boundary condition, pump, simplefoam, steady simulation|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Solver for transonic flow?||Martin Hegedus||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||21||April 27, 2015 11:02|
|The difference between steady state and transient||JuPa||CFX||13||February 19, 2015 11:51|
|NonNewtonian, steady state, Laminar, Incompressible for simpleFoam.||ngjaeho||OpenFOAM Pre-Processing||1||December 19, 2014 07:08|
|How this can be steady state analysis case?||jatin1990||Main CFD Forum||6||September 21, 2014 22:43|
|About the difference between steady and unsteady problems||Lisa||Main CFD Forum||11||July 5, 2000 14:37|