CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming

plasma actuator modeling udf code error

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Alimohamadi_nasr
  • 1 Post By `e`
  • 1 Post By `e`

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   March 27, 2013, 07:46
Question plasma actuator modeling udf code error
  #1
New Member
 
Won Joong Lee
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 4
ares0508 is on a distinguished road
Hello!

Now I just follow A.Bouchmal's MS thesis "Modeling of Dielectric-Barrier Discharge Actuator".

http://www.lr.tudelft.nl/fileadmin/Faculteit/LR/Organisatie/Afdelingen_en_Leerstoelen/Afdeling_AEWE/Aerodynamics/Contributor_Area/Secretary/Publications/publications/Msc_thesis_Adil_Bouchmal.pdf

However, the code which he atteched doesn't works.

I compiled the code and input conditions but when I start calculate, the error "FLUENT recieved fatal signal [ACCESS_VIOLATION] occurs.

My friend said that maybe the code is wrong.

Is there anyone who succeed to calculate this case?

Please help me to solve the problem.
ares0508 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 27, 2013, 07:57
Default
  #2
Member
 
Ali Mohamadi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 32
Rep Power: 4
Alimohamadi_nasr is on a distinguished road
is there any udm in the code? if the answer is yes, did you determine the number of udm or not?
Alimohamadi_nasr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 27, 2013, 08:59
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Won Joong Lee
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 4
ares0508 is on a distinguished road
yes there are 5 UDM, but I determine the number of UDM 5.
ares0508 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 27, 2013, 09:15
Default
  #4
Member
 
Ali Mohamadi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 32
Rep Power: 4
Alimohamadi_nasr is on a distinguished road
in my case, the message appeared when I did not determine the number of udm, or for example I should define number of scalar in uds or otherr places. also, in my udf I should reset the udm in Demand, in this case also if i forget to do this it happens.
Skabirian likes this.
Alimohamadi_nasr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 27, 2013, 09:27
Default
  #5
New Member
 
Won Joong Lee
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 4
ares0508 is on a distinguished road
Thanks to your reply.

but it still doens't works....
ares0508 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 14, 2013, 08:09
Default
  #6
Senior Member
 
mahdi abdollahzadeh
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Covilha,Portugal
Posts: 149
Rep Power: 6
mm.abdollahzadeh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares0508 View Post
Hello!

Now I just follow A.Bouchmal's MS thesis "Modeling of Dielectric-Barrier Discharge Actuator".

http://www.lr.tudelft.nl/fileadmin/Faculteit/LR/Organisatie/Afdelingen_en_Leerstoelen/Afdeling_AEWE/Aerodynamics/Contributor_Area/Secretary/Publications/publications/Msc_thesis_Adil_Bouchmal.pdf

However, the code which he atteched doesn't works.

I compiled the code and input conditions but when I start calculate, the error "FLUENT recieved fatal signal [ACCESS_VIOLATION] occurs.

My friend said that maybe the code is wrong.

Is there anyone who succeed to calculate this case?

Please help me to solve the problem.
I have already runned that UDF and its working. U need to define two UDS also.
mm.abdollahzadeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 25, 2015, 05:18
Default Error
  #7
New Member
 
Siavash
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 3
Skabirian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares0508 View Post
Hello!

Now I just follow A.Bouchmal's MS thesis "Modeling of Dielectric-Barrier Discharge Actuator".

http://www.lr.tudelft.nl/fileadmin/Faculteit/LR/Organisatie/Afdelingen_en_Leerstoelen/Afdeling_AEWE/Aerodynamics/Contributor_Area/Secretary/Publications/publications/Msc_thesis_Adil_Bouchmal.pdf

However, the code which he atteched doesn't works.

I compiled the code and input conditions but when I start calculate, the error "FLUENT recieved fatal signal [ACCESS_VIOLATION] occurs.

My friend said that maybe the code is wrong.

Is there anyone who succeed to calculate this case?

Please help me to solve the problem.

Hello my friend
I've tried this code too. but I have compile error. how can I fix that?
Skabirian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 25, 2015, 19:39
Default
  #8
`e`
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 369
Rep Power: 4
`e` is on a distinguished road
A. Bouchmal has used User-Defined Memory (UDM) in his UDF. Ensure you have enabled a sufficient number of UDM slots because otherwise the solver will crash with ACCESS_VIOLATION as the memory is not available.

They have also used User-Defined Scalar transport equations (UDS) for the electric potential and net charge density. You will need to enable these UDS fields as well.
Skabirian likes this.
`e` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 27, 2015, 09:41
Default
  #9
New Member
 
Siavash
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 3
Skabirian is on a distinguished road
Thanks 'e'
what is the difference between them?
can you help me to run this code?
thanks
Skabirian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 28, 2015, 09:47
Default
  #10
New Member
 
Siavash
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 3
Skabirian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by `e` View Post
A. Bouchmal has used User-Defined Memory (UDM) in his UDF. Ensure you have enabled a sufficient number of UDM slots because otherwise the solver will crash with ACCESS_VIOLATION as the memory is not available.

They have also used User-Defined Scalar transport equations (UDS) for the electric potential and net charge density. You will need to enable these UDS fields as well.
This is the Error I faced:

The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for 2d on the curent platform (win64).
The system cannot find the file specified.

c:\users\siavash\desktop\libudf\win64\2d\libudf.dl l
Skabirian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 29, 2015, 01:29
Default
  #11
`e`
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 369
Rep Power: 4
`e` is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skabirian View Post
Thanks 'e'
what is the difference between them?
can you help me to run this code?
thanks
UDS is for including another field scalar which is solved at each solver step and could include source terms. For example, they have used UDS for the electric potential and net charge density which are not usually included with the Fluent solver by default.

UDM is simply storing a value at every cell and is initialised with zero. For example, say you have an unsteady flow and want to visualise the locations where the local velocity exceeds some critical value. You could mark cells that exceed this critical velocity value and visualise these cells within Fluent as a contour plot as a function of your UDM. Without using UDM, you'd be left with the final solution and lose this intermediate velocity data at the end of each time step/iteration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skabirian View Post
This is the Error I faced:

The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for 2d on the curent platform (win64).
The system cannot find the file specified.

c:\users\siavash\desktop\libudf\win64\2d\libudf.dl l
Have you read the threads on this forum for the same error? Ensure you're unloading and compiling your UDF properly, here are the steps I use.
toghay likes this.
`e` is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
a.bouchmal, plasma actuator modeling, plasma modeling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Native ParaView Reader Bugs tj22 OpenFOAM Paraview & paraFoam 267 July 20, 2015 22:29
GroovyBC the dynamic cousin of funkySetFields that lives on the suburb of the mesh gschaider OpenFOAM 300 October 29, 2014 19:00
Undeclared Identifier Errof UDF SteveGoat Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming 7 October 15, 2014 07:11
groovyBC sega OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 12 February 17, 2010 10:30
How to get the max value of the whole field waynezw0618 OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 4 June 17, 2008 05:07


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35.