CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Main CFD Forum

Viscous Fluxes in Finite Volume Method

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   August 6, 2012, 10:23
Default Viscous Fluxes in Finite Volume Method
  #1
New Member
 
Charlie Tan
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 19
Rep Power: 5
CharlieTan84 is on a distinguished road
Hello people. I have a question.

How are the viscous fluxes calculated in Finite Volume Method. Especially the ones close to the wall?

Thank you in advance.
CharlieTan84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 6, 2012, 10:34
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 251
Rep Power: 6
leflix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieTan84 View Post
Hello people. I have a question.

How are the viscous fluxes calculated in Finite Volume Method. Especially the ones close to the wall?

Thank you in advance.
close to the wall you just have to account with boundary conditions, but the way to compute them are identical as in the domain.

For the discretization of diffusive flux, check books on finite volume.
for example:
http://www.cfd-online.com/Books/show_book.php?book_id=4
http://www.amazon.com/An-Introductio...254211-2149843
leflix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 14, 2012, 13:32
Default More information on the treatment of the viscous fluxes on the walls.
  #3
New Member
 
Christos
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 5
cbarmpar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
close to the wall you just have to account with boundary conditions
Is this any different from the standart use of the ghost cells and the related methodology?
Is it possible to point on relavant information or to provide details?

Many thanks
cbarmpar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 14, 2012, 14:31
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Filippo Maria Denaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
Rep Power: 20
FMDenaro will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarmpar View Post
Is this any different from the standart use of the ghost cells and the related methodology?
Is it possible to point on relavant information or to provide details?

Many thanks
you simply compute a lagrangian polynomial of some degree on an asymmetric stencil, the use the first derivative evaluated on the flux section.
FMDenaro is online now   Reply With Quote

Old   September 14, 2012, 14:44
Default
  #5
New Member
 
Christos
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 5
cbarmpar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDenaro View Post
you simply compute a lagrangian polynomial of some degree on an asymmetric stencil, the use the first derivative evaluated on the flux section.
Could you please provide some details or point to a relevant reference?

Thanks
cbarmpar is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help regarding implementing the Finite Volume method for meridional flows shreyasr Main CFD Forum 0 July 23, 2012 07:05
Finite Volume Method cfd seeker Main CFD Forum 3 September 8, 2011 04:36
finite volume method - lid driven cavity ainal Main CFD Forum 0 May 15, 2011 11:06
Control Volume , Finite Volume, Finite Control Volume, Finite Element Method technocrat.prakash Main CFD Forum 1 April 24, 2010 19:24
Spectral (finite) volume method Max Main CFD Forum 1 April 13, 2006 11:11


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35.