CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Post-Processing

Prblems with pyFoamPVSnapshot-PATHS in OF-2.0.1

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   October 16, 2012, 06:02
Default Prblems with pyFoamPVSnapshot-PATHS in OF-2.0.1
  #1
Member
 
Klio
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 5
klio is on a distinguished road
Hi!!

I'd like to do a snapshot with pyFoamPVSnapshot! I set the paths as its said in README of ThirdParty-2.0.x/ParaView-3.10.1/VTK/Wrapping/Python/README.txt

But it even caused following Error:

pyFoamPVSnapshot.py --state-file=state.pvsm --latest-time state1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/pyFoamPVSnapshot.py", line 3, in <module>
from PyFoam.Applications.PVSnapshot import PVSnapshot
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PyFoam/Applications/PVSnapshot.py", line 13, in <module>
from PyFoam.Paraview.ServermanagerWrapper import ServermanagerWrapper as SM
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PyFoam/Paraview/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
from paraview import servermanager
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paraview/servermanager.py", line 43, in <module>
import paraview, re, os, new, sys, vtk
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paraview/vtk/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
from libvtkCommonPython import *
ImportError: No module named libvtkCommonPython

may it is an important information that i have installed OF as discribed on this WebPage:
http://www.tfd.chalmers.se/~hani/kur...OwnLaptop.html

I don't know what to do ....
klio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 18, 2012, 17:39
Default
  #2
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by klio View Post
Hi!!

I'd like to do a snapshot with pyFoamPVSnapshot! I set the paths as its said in README of ThirdParty-2.0.x/ParaView-3.10.1/VTK/Wrapping/Python/README.txt

But it even caused following Error:

pyFoamPVSnapshot.py --state-file=state.pvsm --latest-time state1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/pyFoamPVSnapshot.py", line 3, in <module>
from PyFoam.Applications.PVSnapshot import PVSnapshot
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PyFoam/Applications/PVSnapshot.py", line 13, in <module>
from PyFoam.Paraview.ServermanagerWrapper import ServermanagerWrapper as SM
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PyFoam/Paraview/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
from paraview import servermanager
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paraview/servermanager.py", line 43, in <module>
import paraview, re, os, new, sys, vtk
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/paraview/vtk/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
from libvtkCommonPython import *
ImportError: No module named libvtkCommonPython

may it is an important information that i have installed OF as discribed on this WebPage:
http://www.tfd.chalmers.se/~hani/kur...OwnLaptop.html

I don't know what to do ....
The problem seems to be that python can't find the dynamic library libvtkCommonPython.so which implements the python-module libvtkCommonPython. pyFoamPVSnapshot.py uses pvpython as an interpreter. pvpython is a special python version that should set the paths appropriately so that these module is found. So it seems that there is a problem with the paraview-installation.

On the OS-shell type

pvpython

A python-shell should appear. There you type

import paraview

Should one of these steps fail then the installation of paraview is the problem
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2012, 02:51
Unhappy
  #3
Member
 
Klio
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 5
klio is on a distinguished road
Thank you!

But it didn't work! (I was able to folow your setps without failures but NO)

I also tried to add the path where the libvtk... .so File is to the PYTHONPATH!
I have installed python-vtk.

Nothing worked!

Last edited by klio; October 19, 2012 at 03:24.
klio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2012, 05:47
Default
  #4
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by klio View Post
Thank you!

But it didn't work! (I was able to folow your setps without failures but NO)
I don't quite get what didn't work. Please remember: it is your problem. So what "it" means is clear to you but not necessarily to anyone else (and not many people care about it as much as you do). So try to be short, but precise. "But NO" is what I say to putting further effort into this problem if I have to ask for clarification what "but NO" means

Quote:
Originally Posted by klio View Post
I also tried to add the path where the libvtk... .so File is to the PYTHONPATH!
I have installed python-vtk.
As I understand it the VTK that comes with Paraview is not exactly compatible to the "normal" VTK. So maybe your problem is that they're mixed.

If "normal" pvpython works (but you're terribly unclear there) try calling the script with

pvpython <fullPathToScript>/pyFoamPVSnapShot.py <your parameters>
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 23, 2012, 02:32
Default
  #5
Member
 
Klio
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 5
klio is on a distinguished road
Hello!
Thanks for your efforts!

I ment it as you understood it. pvpython is working. I seemed like pvpython has imported the paraview library but when I type in the pyFoamPVSnapshot command with or without pvpython I get the same error again.

Maybe paraview python support is not enabled and that is the problem ... !

Greatings klio

Last edited by klio; October 23, 2012 at 05:27.
klio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 23, 2012, 17:38
Default
  #6
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by klio View Post
Hello!
Thanks for your efforts!

I ment it as you understood it. pvpython is working. I seemed like pvpython has imported the paraview library but when I type in the pyFoamPVSnapshot command with or without pvpython I get the same error again.

Maybe paraview python support is not enabled and that is the problem ... !
I think in that case pvpython shouldn't even exist (and should be unable to import paraview). But check that: the Tools-menu in Paraview should have an entry "Python Shell". If not then it seems like your paraview is without Python-support (the "official" OF-Paraview usually is without Python)
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 24, 2012, 04:11
Default
  #7
Member
 
Klio
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 5
klio is on a distinguished road
I have no PythonSell and with the command paraview --script=sript.py it opens paraview but says "no python support" in the output message.

Also when i type paraview in a schell where pyFoam and OpenFoam is activated It opens another version than in an other shell.

I tried to confugure paraView (which OF uses) with ccmake to enable python. Now in the configfile the PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON is ON and also in the other files but I stil get the same output message from paraview. (I also compiled it agian but nothing changed).

I think maybe the pvpython command works because of the other paraview which is installed on the system and has nothing to do with the OF and pyFoam installation. but also the config there has the PYTHON variable ON.
klio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 24, 2012, 09:20
Default
  #8
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by klio View Post
I have no PythonSell and with the command paraview --script=sript.py it opens paraview but says "no python support" in the output message.
Yes, you have python shell. Just enter "python" and you will end up in a command line where you can enter stuff like

import paraview

BTW: afterwards try

print paraview

to see which library is actually used (same applies for pvpython)

But it seems that you have no python-support in Paraview

Quote:
Originally Posted by klio View Post
Also when i type paraview in a schell where pyFoam and OpenFoam is activated It opens another version than in an other shell.

I tried to confugure paraView (which OF uses) with ccmake to enable python. Now in the configfile the PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON is ON and also in the other files but I stil get the same output message from paraview. (I also compiled it agian but nothing changed).

I think maybe the pvpython command works because of the other paraview which is installed on the system and has nothing to do with the OF and pyFoam installation. but also the config there has the PYTHON variable ON.
Sounds like the paraview-variant of DLL-hell: when two versions of paraview are installed (usually one by the package-manager, one by whatever way you installed OF)

Have no idea except to check the environmentvariables PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PYTHONPATH and make sure that the "pythony" paraview comes first. Also check the environment variable starting with PV and PARA (there may not necessarily be some). The most radical method may be to get rid of one of the Paraview-versions and trying to get the other one to work
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 2, 2012, 09:29
Default
  #9
New Member
 
Unnikrishnan Mohankumar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 6
unnikrsn is on a distinguished road
Dear gschaider

I am facing the same problems as Klio.

I have read and followed all the procedure here and other place for installing/Compiling Paraview with Python.
1. I had able to load a python file from my paraview and get a output.
2. I am not able to use the Python ( pypython ) to create snapshots using pyFoamPVSnapShot.py

atmoun@balder:/mnt/N/_AUTOMATISATION/Unni_save_dir/atmoun/Particle_image_velocimetry/PIV_Modell_Zylinder_perpendicularCylinders$ pvpython
Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Oct 1 2012, 22:16:31)
[GCC 4.4.3] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import paraview
>>> pvpython /home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7/build/scripts-2.6/pyFoamPVSnapShot.py --state-file="Measurements.pvsm" --latest-time
File "<stdin>", line 1
pvpython /home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7/build/scripts-2.6/pyFoamPVSnapShot.py --state-file="Measurements.pvsm" --latest-time
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>> pvpython /home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7/build/scripts-2.6/pyFoamPVSnapShot.py
File "<stdin>", line 1
pvpython /home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7/build/scripts-2.6/pyFoamPVSnapShot.py
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>> print paraview
<module 'paraview' from '/home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.1.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0/lib/paraview-3.12/site-packages/paraview/__init__.pyc'>
>>>

Kindly help me.

Thanks & Regards
Unnikrishnan.

unnikrsn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 20, 2012, 20:32
Default
  #10
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by unnikrsn View Post
Dear gschaider

I am facing the same problems as Klio.

I have read and followed all the procedure here and other place for installing/Compiling Paraview with Python.
1. I had able to load a python file from my paraview and get a output.
2. I am not able to use the Python ( pypython ) to create snapshots using pyFoamPVSnapShot.py

atmoun@balder:/mnt/N/_AUTOMATISATION/Unni_save_dir/atmoun/Particle_image_velocimetry/PIV_Modell_Zylinder_perpendicularCylinders$ pvpython
Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Oct 1 2012, 22:16:31)
[GCC 4.4.3] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import paraview
>>> pvpython /home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7/build/scripts-2.6/pyFoamPVSnapShot.py --state-file="Measurements.pvsm" --latest-time
File "<stdin>", line 1
pvpython /home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7/build/scripts-2.6/pyFoamPVSnapShot.py --state-file="Measurements.pvsm" --latest-time
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>> pvpython /home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7/build/scripts-2.6/pyFoamPVSnapShot.py
File "<stdin>", line 1
pvpython /home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7/build/scripts-2.6/pyFoamPVSnapShot.py
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>> print paraview
<module 'paraview' from '/home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.1.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0/lib/paraview-3.12/site-packages/paraview/__init__.pyc'>
>>>

Kindly help me.

Thanks & Regards
Unnikrishnan.

I don't think it as the same problem as Klios. There the problem is that paraview is not correctly imported. In your case this works. What you do on the next line ("pvpython ...") can not be done on the python-shell. Try it on the regular shell and report what the error message is then
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 21, 2012, 10:07
Default
  #11
ZKW
New Member
 
Unnikrishnan
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 4
ZKW is on a distinguished road
Dear gschaider,

Thanks for the reply,


Also I would like to inform, after the previous messages, i changed the OpenFoam version and a installation procedure a couple of times.. Just trying to find a solution by trial and error.


Checking pvpython is not working now.

atmoun@balder:~/Documents/Particle_image_velocimetry/ZKW_Multiregion-simpleFoam_cavity_PIV_Zylinder_Model_1$ pypython
No command 'pypython' found, did you mean:
Command 'pvpython' from package 'paraview' (universe)
Command 'cypython' from package 'cyphesis-cpp-clients' (universe)
pypython: command not found
atmoun@balder:~/Documents/Particle_image_velocimetry/ZKW_Multiregion-simpleFoam_cavity_PIV_Zylinder_Model_1$


Also i wanted to say:

1. Installation of OpenFOAM 2.1.1
as User(Non-root in my home directory)
As I have a version of OpenFOAM 2.0.1 already installed in my system by system admin.

I had to install a version of OpenFOAM 2.1.1 in my home directory.
/home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.x


2. Installation of python 2.7.3
Installed python 2.7.3 in my home directory at the following location.
/home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/Python-2.7.3

atmoun@balder:~/OpenFOAM$cd Python-2.7.3
atmoun@balder:~/OpenFOAM/Python-2.7.3$make clean
atmoun@balder:~/OpenFOAM/Python-2.7.3$./configure --prefix=/home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/Python-2.7.3
atmoun@balder:~/OpenFOAM/Python-2.7.3$make
atmoun@balder:~/OpenFOAM/Python-2.7.3$make install


Then run using:

/home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/Python-2.7.3
/bin/python

3. Compiling Paraview with Python
While Compiling paraview i had a problem

/home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.1.x
./makeParaView
# Python support:
# note: script will try to determine the appropriate python library.
#
If it fails, specify the path using the PYTHON_LIBRARY variable

withPYTHON=true
PYTHON_LIBRARY="/usr/lib64/libpython2.6.so.1.0"
# PYTHON_LIBRARY="/usr/lib64/libpython2.6.so.1.0"

I cannot Find the libpython2.7.so.1.0 in my installation directory or in /opt/ or in /usr/lib*/, I think this is the root cause for all the problem.
But i am not sure. if someone can help me.. where i can find the above file.

I dont want to use
PYTHON_LIBRARY="/usr/lib64/libpython2.6.so.1.0" due to the admin rights. but still i am using the same to compile paraview.

4. Installing pyFoam
(as in http://www.tfd.chalmers.se/~hani/kur...OwnLaptop.html )
/home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7
atmoun@balder:~/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7$ python setup.py install --prefix=$HOME/OpenFOAM/PyFoam-0.5.7

atmoun@balder:~/OpenFOAM/linuxSrc/PyFoam-0.5.7$ echo "alias PF='export PYTHONPATH=/$HOME/OpenFOAM/Python-2.7.3/lib/python2.7/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH; export PATH=$HOME/OpenFOAM/Python-2.7.3/bin:$PATH'" >> $HOME/.bashrc

Also i am really confused in the above 2 lines..
when installing pyFoam
I get the following
Neither numpy nor Numeric python-package installed. Plotting won't work

export pythonpath to /home/atmoun/OpenFOAM/my_python


Results : If you or anyone can check and tell me, if i am doing some thing wrong with the procedure, Kindly please explain in detail.

Attached: Picture of my User directory with Installation location of OpenFOAM-2.1.1, Paraview3.12 in thirdParty


Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks & Regards
Unnikrishnan.

Attached Images
File Type: png List_of_OpenFOAM.png (50.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by ZKW; November 21, 2012 at 13:40.
ZKW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 6, 2013, 18:37
Default
  #12
Senior Member
 
Wouter van der Meer
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Elahuizen, Netherlands
Posts: 130
Rep Power: 8
wouter is on a distinguished road
Dear All,
I experience similar problems with OpenFOAM2.2.x on Ubuntu13.04 (64bit) an I hope someone knows a solution because I want to print a lot of snapshots and I hoped pyFoam could help me.
I folowed this thread and collected all the data asked for. Please feel free to ask for additional information

best regards
wouter

Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ pyFoamPVSnapshot.py --state=testje.pvsm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pyFoamPVSnapshot.py", line 3, in <module>
    from PyFoam.Applications.PVSnapshot import PVSnapshot
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyFoam/Applications/PVSnapshot.py", line 13, in <module>
    from PyFoam.Paraview.ServermanagerWrapper import ServermanagerWrapper as SM
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyFoam/Paraview/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
    from paraview import servermanager
ImportError: No module named paraview
Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ pyFoamVersion.py 
Machine info: Linux | wouter-desktop | 3.8.0-30-generic | #44-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 22 20:52:24 UTC 2013 | x86_64 | x86_64

Python version: 2.7.4 (default, Jul  5 2013, 08:21:57) 
[GCC 4.7.3]

PYTHONPATH: /home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping

Location of this utility: /usr/local/bin/pyFoamVersion.py

OpenFOAM (2, 2, 'x') of the installed versions ['2.2.x']

pyFoam-Version: 0.6.0

Path where PyFoam was found (PyFoam.__path__) is ['/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyFoam']

Configuration search path: [('file', '/etc/pyFoam/pyfoamrc'), ('directory', '/etc/pyFoam/pyfoamrc.d'), ('file', '/home/wouter/.pyFoam/pyfoamrc'), ('directory', '/home/wouter/.pyFoam/pyfoamrc.d')]
Configuration files (used): []

Installed libraries:
Gnuplot              :  No      Not a problem. Version from ThirdParty is used 
ply                  :  No      Not a problem. Version from ThirdParty is used 
Numeric              :  No      Not supported anymore. No need to install it 
numpy                :  Yes      version: 1.7.1 
matplotlib           :  No      Only Gnuplot-plotting possible 
psyco                :  No      Not a problem. Acceleration not possible 
hotshot              :  Yes 
profile              :  Yes 
cProfile             :  Yes 
PyQt4                :  Yes 
PyQt4.Qwt5           :  No      Only an alternate plotting back-end 
vtk                  :  Yes 
Tkinter              :  No      Not a problem. Used for the old version of DisplayBlockmesh and some matplotlib-implementations 
mercurial            :  No      Not a problem. Used for experimental case handling 
nose                 :  No      Only needed for running the unit-tests (developers only) 
twisted              :  Yes      version: 12.3.0 
pandas               :  No      Not yet used. Maybe handling of timelines will be reimplemented with it 
scipy                :  No      Not yet used. Possibly use signal-fitting etc
Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ which python
/usr/bin/python
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ which paraview
/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0/bin/paraview
Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ icoFoam -version

Usage: icoFoam [OPTIONS]
options:
  -case <dir>       specify alternate case directory, default is the cwd
  -noFunctionObjects
                    do not execute functionObjects
  -parallel         run in parallel
  -roots <(dir1 .. dirN)>
                    slave root directories for distributed running
  -srcDoc           display source code in browser
  -doc              display application documentation in browser
  -help             print the usage

Using: OpenFOAM-2.2.x (see www.OpenFOAM.org)
Build: 2.2.x-9f309353a479



--> FOAM FATAL ERROR: 
Invalid option: -version


FOAM exiting
Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ pvpython
Python 2.7.4 (default, Jul  5 2013, 08:24:51) 
[GCC 4.7.3] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import paraview
>>>
starting ParaFoam->tools-Python Shell
Code:
Python 2.7.4 (default, Jul  5 2013, 08:24:51) 
[GCC 4.7.3] on linux2
>>> from paraview.simple import *
paraview version 3.12.0, Date: 2011-07-26
Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ python
Python 2.7.4 (default, Jul  5 2013, 08:21:57) 
[GCC 4.7.3] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import paraview
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named paraview
>>> print paraview
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'paraview' is not defined
>>>
Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ echo $PATH
/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0/bin:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/gperftools-svn/bin:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0/bin:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/openmpi-1.6.3/bin:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/platforms/linux64GccDPDebug/bin:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/site/2.2.x/platforms/linux64GccDPDebug/bin:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.x/platforms/linux64GccDPDebug/bin:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.x/bin:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.x/wmake:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/gperftools-svn/lib:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0/lib/paraview-3.12:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.x/platforms/linux64GccDPDebug/lib/openmpi-1.6.3:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64GccDPDebug/lib/openmpi-1.6.3:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/openmpi-1.6.3/lib:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/openmpi-1.6.3/lib64:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/platforms/linux64GccDPDebug/lib:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/site/2.2.x/platforms/linux64GccDPDebug/lib:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.x/platforms/linux64GccDPDebug/lib:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64GccDPDebug/lib:/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.x/platforms/linux64GccDPDebug/lib/dummy
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ echo $PYTHONPATH
/home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/platforms/linux64Gcc/paraview-3.12.0/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$
wouter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 9, 2013, 14:14
Default
  #13
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouter View Post
Dear All,
I experience similar problems with OpenFOAM2.2.x on Ubuntu13.04 (64bit) an I hope someone knows a solution because I want to print a lot of snapshots and I hoped pyFoam could help me.
I folowed this thread and collected all the data asked for. Please feel free to ask for additional information

best regards
wouter

Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ pyFoamPVSnapshot.py --state=testje.pvsm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pyFoamPVSnapshot.py", line 3, in <module>
    from PyFoam.Applications.PVSnapshot import PVSnapshot
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyFoam/Applications/PVSnapshot.py", line 13, in <module>
    from PyFoam.Paraview.ServermanagerWrapper import ServermanagerWrapper as SM
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyFoam/Paraview/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
    from paraview import servermanager
ImportError: No module named paraview
That's strange because pvpython knew the paraview module (thanks for the diagnosis output BTW). Now I have a big suspicion. Check how the file /usr/local/bin/pyFoamPVSnapshot.py looks like. At my machine it looks like this
Code:
#! /usr/bin/env pvpython 


from PyFoam.Applications.PVSnapshot import PVSnapshot

PVSnapshot()
You installed with setup.py right? I think it may be possible that this replaces the pvpython in the first line with python. If that is the case replace it with pvpython and retry. If that fixes it I'd be grateful for a bug-report on the Mantis (so that I get around to fixing it. My problem is that I rarely install with setup.py so I stumbled onto this problem some time ago and forgot to fix it permanently)
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 9, 2013, 17:39
Default
  #14
Senior Member
 
Wouter van der Meer
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Elahuizen, Netherlands
Posts: 130
Rep Power: 8
wouter is on a distinguished road
Dear gschaider,
Thank you for responding. You were right with your assumption. I changed the header and I got a different error
Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ pyFoamPVSnapshot.py --state=test.pvsm --time=10 . 
 Warning in /usr/local/bin/pyFoamPVSnapshot.py : This utilitiy currently does not work with OF>=1.6 because the API in Paraview>=3.6 has changed. But we'll try 
ERROR: In /home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/ParaView-3.12.0/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx, line 324
vtkPVSessionCore (0x152def0): Attempt to assign existing ID 1.
while processing
Message 0 = Assign
  Argument 0 = id_value {1}
  Argument 1 = vtk_object_pointer {vtkPVSessionCoreInterpreterHelper (0x3790960)}


ERROR: In /home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/ParaView-3.12.0/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx, line 325
vtkPVSessionCore (0x152def0): Aborting execution for debugging purposes.

Aborted (core dumped)
There was no core dump. As far as I know I downloaded the latest version of pyFoam so I have to make two bug reports?
one for the header and one for the older version. I will look up how to make a bugreport.
Thanks again.

Best regards
Wouter

I found that this is already in a bugreport of 2009

Last edited by wouter; September 9, 2013 at 18:37. Reason: bugreport:
wouter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 9, 2013, 18:28
Default
  #15
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouter View Post
Dear gschaider,
Thank you for responding. You were right with your assumption. I changed the header and I got a different error
Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ pyFoamPVSnapshot.py --state=test.pvsm --time=10 . 
 Warning in /usr/local/bin/pyFoamPVSnapshot.py : This utilitiy currently does not work with OF>=1.6 because the API in Paraview>=3.6 has changed. But we'll try 
ERROR: In /home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/ParaView-3.12.0/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx, line 324
vtkPVSessionCore (0x152def0): Attempt to assign existing ID 1.
while processing
Message 0 = Assign
  Argument 0 = id_value {1}
  Argument 1 = vtk_object_pointer {vtkPVSessionCoreInterpreterHelper (0x3790960)}


ERROR: In /home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/ParaView-3.12.0/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx, line 325
vtkPVSessionCore (0x152def0): Aborting execution for debugging purposes.

Aborted (core dumped)
There was no core dump. As far as I know I downloaded the latest version of pyFoam so I have to make two bug reports?
one for the header and one for the older version. I will look up how to make a bugreport.
Thanks again.
... and one for the misspelling of utility in the warning

I just tried PVSnapshot on my machine and it works. I use a Kitware-Binary PV 3.98.1 (so it is unlikely that your 3.12 broke i) with a state-file that has a file for the built-in reader (.foam). Are you by any chance using the PV3Reader (.OpenFOAM)? If yes: could you try a simple state file using a .foam-file?

For a bug report I'll need the state-file and a case (preferably small) to reproduce the error
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 10, 2013, 07:49
Default
  #16
Senior Member
 
Wouter van der Meer
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Elahuizen, Netherlands
Posts: 130
Rep Power: 8
wouter is on a distinguished road
Dear gschaider,
Thank you for responding. Attached a casefile for testing. I tried with paraFoam -builtin to make the .pvsm file but this does not change anything.
Is this what you meant with with simple state. I had .Openfoam and I got .foam but after pyFoamPVSnapshot.py I had Openfoam also.
Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ paraFoam -builtin
created temporary 'testje.foam'
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ ls testje.*
testje.pvsm
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ pyFoamPVSnapshot.py --state=testje.pvsm --time=5 .
 Warning in /usr/local/bin/pyFoamPVSnapshot.py : This utilitiy currently does not work with OF>=1.6 because the API in Paraview>=3.6 has changed. But we'll try 
ERROR: In /home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/ParaView-3.12.0/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx, line 324
vtkPVSessionCore (0x27a1f60): Attempt to assign existing ID 1.
while processing
Message 0 = Assign
  Argument 0 = id_value {1}
  Argument 1 = vtk_object_pointer {vtkPVSessionCoreInterpreterHelper (0x4817490)}


ERROR: In /home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/ParaView-3.12.0/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx, line 325
vtkPVSessionCore (0x27a1f60): Aborting execution for debugging purposes.

Aborted (core dumped)
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ ls testje.*
testje.foam  testje.OpenFOAM  testje.pvsm
hope this helps
Regards
Wouter
Attached Files
File Type: gz testje.tar.gz (53.2 KB, 1 views)
wouter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 10, 2013, 08:18
Default
  #17
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the test case and bad news (see below; just building up the suspense):
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouter View Post
Dear gschaider,
Thank you for responding. Attached a casefile for testing. I tried with paraFoam -builtin to make the .pvsm file but this does not change anything.
Is this what you meant with with simple state. I had .Openfoam and I got .foam but after pyFoamPVSnapshot.py I had Openfoam also.
Code:
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ paraFoam -builtin
created temporary 'testje.foam'
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action 
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ ls testje.*
testje.pvsm
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ pyFoamPVSnapshot.py --state=testje.pvsm --time=5 .
 Warning in /usr/local/bin/pyFoamPVSnapshot.py : This utilitiy currently does not work with OF>=1.6 because the API in Paraview>=3.6 has changed. But we'll try 
ERROR: In /home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/ParaView-3.12.0/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx, line 324
vtkPVSessionCore (0x27a1f60): Attempt to assign existing ID 1.
while processing
Message 0 = Assign
  Argument 0 = id_value {1}
  Argument 1 = vtk_object_pointer {vtkPVSessionCoreInterpreterHelper (0x4817490)}


ERROR: In /home/wouter/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.2.x/ParaView-3.12.0/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx, line 325
vtkPVSessionCore (0x27a1f60): Aborting execution for debugging purposes.

Aborted (core dumped)
wouter@wouter-desktop:~/OpenFOAM/wouter-2.2.x/run/projects/testje$ ls testje.*
testje.foam  testje.OpenFOAM  testje.pvsm
hope this helps
Regards
Wouter
The Bad News is that it works for me without problems (see attached image as proof). The image was done with a precompiled ParaView3.98.1 on a Mac (so that is as different from your configuration as it could get). I'm pretty sure that I didn't change anything to the Paraview-code since the last release of PyFoam (and my logs support me in that)
Snapshot_testje_00000_t=0.jpg
So I'm afraid this is a problem with Paraview. Try the following:
- Try loading the state file with "Load state" from the menue
- Try a different version binary of Paraview from KitWare
and see if you get a similar error message
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 10, 2013, 08:35
Default
  #18
Senior Member
 
Wouter van der Meer
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Elahuizen, Netherlands
Posts: 130
Rep Power: 8
wouter is on a distinguished road
Dear gschaider,
Thank you for the information. I will try to install paraview but I have some bad experiences with that on an other computer.
It will take a will
I wil get back with the results
Regards
Wouter
wouter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 10, 2013, 17:45
Default
  #19
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,915
Rep Power: 40
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouter View Post
Dear gschaider,
Thank you for the information. I will try to install paraview but I have some bad experiences with that on an other computer.
It will take a will
I wil get back with the results
Good. I'm afraid the issue is outside of my control but I'm willing to find a workaround. One last thing: try the "official" way to load a state-file in pvpython http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Py...anipulating_It
If that fails then there is a problem with your paraview I'd say
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 11, 2013, 04:56
Default
  #20
Senior Member
 
Wouter van der Meer
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Elahuizen, Netherlands
Posts: 130
Rep Power: 8
wouter is on a distinguished road
Dear gschaider,
Thank you for the persistance. This evening I certainly will try this. I can load the statefile with paraview --state=testje.pvsm. but I did not try it with pvpython. Thanks for the link.

Best regards
Wouter
wouter is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SpalartAllmaras wall function in OpenFOAM 2.0.1 moser_r OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 4 September 18, 2013 17:37


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:03.