CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Pre-Processing

topoSet

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   October 19, 2013, 01:23
Default topoSet
  #1
Member
 
mohsen kh
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Iran
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 5
m5m5kh is on a distinguished road
Hi Foamers
I want to define a sphere inside a cubic block and cubic block it self as a porous media.I know I should use topoSetDict but I have no idea how to define the sphere as a porous medium.
I used celltobox for defining my domain as as a porous medium in my previous case.
what should I do?

regards
Mohsen
m5m5kh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2013, 04:57
Default
  #2
Super Moderator
 
Bruno Santos
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 8,301
Blog Entries: 34
Rep Power: 84
wyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nice
Hi Mohsen,

Have a look into this file: https://github.com/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM...et/topoSetDict

You can find it on your system by running:
Code:
find $FOAM_UTILITIES  -name topoSetDict
But keep in mind that if your internal mesh isn't already cut into the shape of the sphere, then all you get is a selection of the cells that are inside the sphere selection.

Best regards,
Bruno
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2013, 05:53
Default
  #3
Member
 
mohsen kh
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Iran
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 5
m5m5kh is on a distinguished road
hi bruno
I know spheretocell is good
but how should I cut the sphere out of the cubic domain?
for example I used topoSet in terminal and define the origin and radius of sphere for porosity 0.5 and I want to set the prosity for cubic domain around the sphere as for example 0.2
what should I do with that domain ?
is the zone to cell OK?

br
Mohsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
Hi Mohsen,

Have a look into this file: https://github.com/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM...et/topoSetDict

You can find it on your system by running:
Code:
find $FOAM_UTILITIES  -name topoSetDict
But keep in mind that if your internal mesh isn't already cut into the shape of the sphere, then all you get is a selection of the cells that are inside the sphere selection.

Best regards,
Bruno
m5m5kh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2013, 06:24
Default
  #4
Super Moderator
 
Bruno Santos
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 8,301
Blog Entries: 34
Rep Power: 84
wyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nicewyldckat is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5m5kh View Post
but how should I cut the sphere out of the cubic domain?
Quick answer: read the thread when can stitchMesh be used? - there you'll find how 2 meshes are created, where one is shaped like a sphere and the other is a cube that is around that sphere, then they are merged+stiched together.
wyldckat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2013, 06:46
Default
  #5
Member
 
mohsen kh
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Iran
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 5
m5m5kh is on a distinguished road
thanks bruno
I will follow it

br
Mohsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldckat View Post
Quick answer: read the thread when can stitchMesh be used? - there you'll find how 2 meshes are created, where one is shaped like a sphere and the other is a cube that is around that sphere, then they are merged+stiched together.
m5m5kh is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with topoSet and FaceZone creation ADGlassby OpenFOAM Meshing & Mesh Conversion 7 September 16, 2013 11:05
HOW to set a circular face by toposet Jessica OpenFOAM Native Meshers: snappyHexMesh and Others 2 September 12, 2013 20:54
Possible to create cyliner baffle (internal) using topoSet or stl Mesh? keepfit OpenFOAM 3 August 1, 2013 11:49
topoSet simpleFoam parallelized run error HakikiCanakkaleli OpenFOAM Pre-Processing 2 March 2, 2013 09:41
Can post-processing use topoSet and createPatch without screwing up the results? karkar OpenFOAM Post-Processing 0 July 24, 2012 05:41


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13.