|February 7, 2013, 09:39||
Utilities: post average turbulence fields and create turbulence fields for LES
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tokyo / Japan
Posts: 40Rep Power: 7
I found the following issues in OpenFOAM concerning some turbulence analysis:
- the utility createTurbulenceFields only works for RAS computations
- there is no standard utility to average fields after computation has been done (to get U-mean, U-rms, R-Mean, Reff-Mean ...)
So I worked on these utilities and after mentioning it in some posts I got replies and private messages asking me if I could publish them. So here they are:
Is a tools which writes out the fields k,epsilon, R, Reff after a RAS or LES simulation has been performed.
Inspired by eelcovv, who wrote the tool postAverage, I extended his tools to be also able to post average the fields R and Reff. Again RAS and LES are supported.
The post can be found here using fieldAverage library to average postprocessing
How to use these utilities
Please find attached the modified tutorials
Including Allrun scripts which show how to use these tools.
How to install
- copy the contents from the archives "postAverageTurbulenceFields.zip" and "createTurbulenceFieldsLES.zip" into the folder username-2.1.1/application/utilities
- go into each of the folders postAverageTurbulenceFields and createTurbulenceFieldsLES and type wmake
It also worked under OpenFOAM 1.6.
- for some reason, which I did not figure out, averaging the Reynolds stress tensor for RAS computations does not work (but works for Reff)
- if the output setting for the averaging is set to certain values, nothing is written. However, it works for output intervals 1 and 2 (just delete the unnecessary files after averaging)
I am happy about any comments how to improve these tools or if there is a better way to post own code.
|February 9, 2013, 16:37||
Join Date: May 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 104Rep Power: 8
Great work and thanks for all the efforts you have put in. I will give these tools a try and let you know.
|November 6, 2013, 04:36||
Energy spectrum - LES simulation
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Curitiba - PR - Brasil
Posts: 16Rep Power: 7
I'm relatively new to LES simulation and I'm struggling now to post-process energy spectrum to verify the -5/3 law for my model.
Does anyone know how to extract/create that field in OF?
|November 26, 2014, 17:14||
Want to calculate UPrime2Mean
Rakend D K
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3Rep Power: 3
Sorry for opening up this old thread.
I want to calculate UPrime2Mean in LES post-processing.
createTurbulenceFieldsLES is calculating R and Reff but these values are different from UPrime2Mean
Can someone help me in this...