CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > ANSYS Meshing & Geometry

[ANSYS Meshing] Dynamic Mesh with Inflation Layer

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree4Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   June 20, 2013, 05:09
Default
  #21
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 19
Rep Power: 5
granbycools is on a distinguished road
hey guys, I have a more general question..
I have valves within my flowfield which I want to remove slowly.. my problem is that I donīt understand, how to define the mesh zone (the walls of my valves?) within the fluent mesher so I can select them later as dynamic mesh zones during my fluent simulation. I really appreciate any help, its driving my crazy-.-
granbycools is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 20, 2013, 05:25
Default
  #22
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 6
grayback87 is on a distinguished road
you need to define it in your UDF.
Remember use the same name for your dynamic zone in the UDF and in your case (fluent).
grayback87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 11, 2013, 18:59
Default Inflation boundary named selection
  #23
New Member
 
Youhanna
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
Y. E. William is on a distinguished road
Hi every one,

I am trying to give a mesh inflation layer a named selection so i can define it later in dynamic mesh motion.

I hereby appreciate your response.
Y. E. William is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 21, 2015, 09:38
Default
  #24
New Member
 
Terry
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 2
tsaget is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y. E. William View Post
Hi every one,

I am trying to give a mesh inflation layer a named selection so i can define it later in dynamic mesh motion.

I hereby appreciate your response.
Hi, I am also interested to know this. I am using inflating and I switched on Smoothing and Remeshing. But somehow as the transient simulation starts, my orthogonal inflation layer gets more and more skewed until I get negative cell error.

I was wondering if I can get the inflation layer to move with my object.

Can anyone help?
tsaget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 23, 2015, 09:37
Default
  #25
Far
Super Moderator
 
Sijal
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 4,258
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 43
Far will become famous soon enoughFar will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Far
There are two possibilities :

1. choose separate domain for the object + inflation layer. create interface between this domain and outer domain.
In dynamic mesh settings, define both interfaces as rigid body with passitve option. Same goes for the inner side fluid volume.

2. Select those cells (i know how to do it in icem cfd) and defined different volume for that. In dynamic mesh setting put those cells as rigid body , so that they can move with the body.
Far is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 30, 2016, 07:09
Default
  #26
New Member
 
Anon
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
superpucc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far View Post
There are two possibilities :

1. choose separate domain for the object + inflation layer. create interface between this domain and outer domain.
In dynamic mesh settings, define both interfaces as rigid body with passitve option. Same goes for the inner side fluid volume.

2. Select those cells (i know how to do it in icem cfd) and defined different volume for that. In dynamic mesh setting put those cells as rigid body , so that they can move with the body.
Far, would that also work on a dynamic mesh with a motion UDF for wall movement?

I'm doing VIVs with a motion UDF to induce the oscillating motion due to the fluid force. I've seen users moving the inflation/boundary layer with a rigid body successfully, but they used 6DOF settings, rather than just a motion UDF.

Would just putting the inflation layer (which is already separated from my triangular mesh) as a rigid body work?
superpucc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 30, 2016, 13:12
Default
  #27
Far
Super Moderator
 
Sijal
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 4,258
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 43
Far will become famous soon enoughFar will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Far
Quote:
Originally Posted by superpucc View Post
Far, would that also work on a dynamic mesh with a motion UDF for wall movement?

I'm doing VIVs with a motion UDF to induce the oscillating motion due to the fluid force. I've seen users moving the inflation/boundary layer with a rigid body successfully, but they used 6DOF settings, rather than just a motion UDF.

Would just putting the inflation layer (which is already separated from my triangular mesh) as a rigid body work?


yes. It seems that BL mesh will move as rigid body with body it self. Fluent help also states that.

But how to do that, I cannot recommend any thing at the moment as i haven't tried it.
Far is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SnappyHexMesh - no layer added bejbro OpenFOAM Mesh Utilities 4 October 16, 2014 19:24
how to set periodic boundary conditions Ganesh FLUENT 13 January 22, 2014 05:11
3D Hybrid Mesh Errors DarrenC ANSYS Meshing & Geometry 11 August 5, 2013 06:42
snappy hangs while layer generation bastil OpenFOAM Native Meshers: snappyHexMesh and Others 3 October 29, 2010 07:19
Boundary layer generation problems ivan_cozza OpenFOAM Native Meshers: snappyHexMesh and Others 0 October 6, 2010 13:47


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14.