CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > ANSYS Meshing & Geometry

[ANSYS Meshing] how can I run .txt script file in ANSYS Meshing

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   December 7, 2016, 14:25
Default how can I run .txt script file in ANSYS Meshing
  #1
Senior Member
 
Onur Özcan
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Istanbul/Turkey
Posts: 408
Rep Power: 5
oozcan is on a distinguished road
Hi all,

I have mesh script file. But I could not run it by clicking file>scripting>run a script file in workbench 14.5
oozcan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 7, 2016, 15:05
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Sarang Dalne
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 8
sarangdalne is on a distinguished road
You cannot run script which are in .txt format.

In ANSYS Meshing supports script which are written in javascript (.js) and WorkBench supports only Ironpython journals (.wbjn).

Journals you can run and/or record in Workbench project schematic (File -> Scripting -> Run Script File...)
Macros you can run in Meshing/Mechanical window (Tools -> Run Macro)
sarangdalne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 7, 2016, 15:31
Default
  #3
Senior Member
 
Onur Özcan
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Istanbul/Turkey
Posts: 408
Rep Power: 5
oozcan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarangdalne View Post
You cannot run script which are in .txt format.

In ANSYS Meshing supports script which are written in javascript (.js) and WorkBench supports only Ironpython journals (.wbjn).

Journals you can run and/or record in Workbench project schematic (File -> Scripting -> Run Script File...)
Macros you can run in Meshing/Mechanical window (Tools -> Run Macro)
someone told me that just copy paste into the command prompt, but still it doesnt work
oozcan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 7, 2016, 16:03
Default
  #4
New Member
 
Sarang Dalne
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 8
sarangdalne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oozcan View Post
someone told me that just copy paste into the command prompt, but still it doesnt work
If you are working on project schematic or in FLUENT (including fluent meshing)/CFX yes you can use workbench command prompt and run your script commands there, but not for workbench meshing.

You can start workbench command prompt from File -> Scripting -> Open Command Window
sarangdalne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 7, 2016, 16:13
Default
  #5
Senior Member
 
Onur Özcan
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Istanbul/Turkey
Posts: 408
Rep Power: 5
oozcan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarangdalne View Post
If you are working on project schematic or in FLUENT (including fluent meshing)/CFX yes you can use workbench command prompt and run your script commands there, but not for workbench meshing.

You can start workbench command prompt from File -> Scripting -> Open Command Window
file>scripting>open command window, Then,I clicked ''enter'' following having pasted attached .txt. , that writing occur is ''The command line is too long.''
Attached Files
File Type: txt mesh.tobelinked.txt (12.7 KB, 2 views)
oozcan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 7, 2016, 16:19
Default
  #6
New Member
 
Sarang Dalne
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 8
sarangdalne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oozcan View Post
file>scripting>open command window, Then,I clicked ''enter'' following having pasted attached .txt. , that writing occur is ''The command line is too long.''
The script file you attached is an APDL script. Please use Mechanical APDL to run this script. You can copy paste this in the APDL command window.

You can find the Mechanical APDL system in the project schematic under component system.

Hope this helps!
sarangdalne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 8, 2016, 06:23
Default
  #7
Senior Member
 
Onur Özcan
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Istanbul/Turkey
Posts: 408
Rep Power: 5
oozcan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarangdalne View Post
The script file you attached is an APDL script. Please use Mechanical APDL to run this script. You can copy paste this in the APDL command window.

You can find the Mechanical APDL system in the project schematic under component system.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for you help!

So, still I could not find a copy/past place in Mechanical APDL, you see atthached screenshot,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg COPY.jpg (64.7 KB, 7 views)
oozcan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 8, 2016, 12:13
Default
  #8
New Member
 
Sarang Dalne
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 8
sarangdalne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oozcan View Post
Thank you for you help!

So, still I could not find a copy/past place in Mechanical APDL, you see atthached screenshot,
You need to open the APDL system. In the project schematic add a Mechanical APDL system. Right click on the "Analysis" cell and select the option "Edit in Mechanical APDL". This will open the APDL system and then you can copy-paste your script in APDL command window.
sarangdalne is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what is swap4foam ?? AB08 OpenFOAM 28 February 2, 2016 02:22
Problem installing swak_2.x for OpenFoam-2.4.0 towanda OpenFOAM Installation 6 September 5, 2015 21:03
Custom Thermophysical Properties wsmith02 OpenFOAM 3 July 27, 2015 05:37
pisoFoam compiling error with OF 1.7.1 on MAC OSX Greg Givogue OpenFOAM Programming & Development 3 March 4, 2011 18:18
DecomposePar links against liblamso0 with OpenMPI jens_klostermann OpenFOAM Bugs 11 June 28, 2007 17:51


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:15.