CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > ANSYS > FLUENT

Problem in conjugate heat transfer

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mohsen_23
  • 1 Post By Fole

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   September 23, 2017, 16:15
Default Problem in conjugate heat transfer
  #1
New Member
 
Mohsen
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 8
mohsen_23 is on a distinguished road
HI everyone
I`m trying to simulate a conjugate heat transfer model but there is something strange!
in my model there is a plate that water flows on that and plate cools down, on the other hand plate makes a natural convetion in a cavity. so I have a flow of water with known inlet properties.
I have been meshed plate and cavity and import mesh to fluent. but in fluent the bottom of the plate and top of the cavity is interference and not wall!
I think there is a problem in my mesh.
anyone can help me?
thanks in advance
mohsen_23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 24, 2017, 09:38
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Mohsen
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 8
mohsen_23 is on a distinguished road
Any Idea?!?!
arnie333 likes this.
mohsen_23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 25, 2017, 04:14
Default
  #3
Senior Member
 
Kushal Puri
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 182
Rep Power: 12
Kushal Puri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsen_23 View Post
HI everyone
I`m trying to simulate a conjugate heat transfer model but there is something strange!
in my model there is a plate that water flows on that and plate cools down, on the other hand plate makes a natural convetion in a cavity. so I have a flow of water with known inlet properties.
I have been meshed plate and cavity and import mesh to fluent. but in fluent the bottom of the plate and top of the cavity is interference and not wall!
I think there is a problem in my mesh.
anyone can help me?
thanks in advance
Can u send some pictures.
Kushal Puri is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 26, 2017, 09:10
Smile
  #4
New Member
 
Ovid
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Spain
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 9
Fole is on a distinguished road
If I've understood the problem correctly, in ANSYS Meshing & Fluent the connections & mesh interfaces are created automatically. Interfaces have the corresponding wall/shadow-wall if they have the coupled property turned on.
mohsen_23 likes this.
Fole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 27, 2017, 01:36
Default
  #5
New Member
 
ashish garg
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 8
ashish garg is on a distinguished road
Dear moshen, that is not a problem of mesh,
In your case you have two zone one is plate and another is air fluid. So when two zone have a connection they formed an interface and in fluent it take that interface by default but there will be a corresponding wall and wall shadow for that interface where you can give you boundary conditions like as wall temp or heat flux. But you need to find out corresponding wall for your interface.
ashish garg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 28, 2017, 04:18
Default
  #6
New Member
 
Mohsen
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 8
mohsen_23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushal Puri View Post
Can u send some pictures.
HI
in my model water flows in pipe and cool down the solid and it create natural convection in room.
this is a simple picture of my model, in real model there is a series of pipes and other elements.
https://pasteboard.co/GMqG5KG.jpg
mohsen_23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 28, 2017, 04:32
Default
  #7
New Member
 
Mohsen
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 8
mohsen_23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish garg View Post
Dear moshen, that is not a problem of mesh,
In your case you have two zone one is plate and another is air fluid. So when two zone have a connection they formed an interface and in fluent it take that interface by default but there will be a corresponding wall and wall shadow for that interface where you can give you boundary conditions like as wall temp or heat flux. But you need to find out corresponding wall for your interface.
Hi Ashish
Thank for your attention
yes, it creates wall and all shadow but there are a lot of them
in my model for a interface fluent create 5 wall and 5 wall shadow and when I want to display them, fluent doesn't show anything. how can I identify this walls?
another problem is that when I run the simple model and draw temperature contour on coupled walls, those wasn't same!!!
what should I do?
thanks
mohsen_23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 28, 2017, 05:20
Default
  #8
Senior Member
 
Kushal Puri
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 182
Rep Power: 12
Kushal Puri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsen_23 View Post
HI
in my model water flows in pipe and cool down the solid and it create natural convection in room.
this is a simple picture of my model, in real model there is a series of pipes and other elements.
https://pasteboard.co/GMqG5KG.jpg
Is the mesh is conformal or non conformal?
Kushal Puri is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 28, 2017, 06:34
Default
  #9
New Member
 
ashish garg
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 8
ashish garg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsen_23 View Post
Hi Ashish
Thank for your attention
yes, it creates wall and all shadow but there are a lot of them
in my model for a interface fluent create 5 wall and 5 wall shadow and when I want to display them, fluent doesn't show anything. how can I identify this walls?
another problem is that when I run the simple model and draw temperature contour on coupled walls, those wasn't same!!!
what should I do?
thanks

open your each wall in boundary condition and check for adjacent zone for that wall, from there you will get an idea of wall correspond to your zone.
ashish garg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 28, 2017, 06:41
Default
  #10
New Member
 
Mohsen
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 8
mohsen_23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushal Puri View Post
Is the mesh is conformal or non conformal?
It`s non conformal. to be honest I don't know how to make a conformal mesh in ansys meshing!
mohsen_23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 28, 2017, 06:44
Default
  #11
New Member
 
Mohsen
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 8
mohsen_23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish garg View Post
open your each wall in boundary condition and check for adjacent zone for that wall, from there you will get an idea of wall correspond to your zone.
Thanks Ashish
That works for me
mohsen_23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
conjugate, heat transfer, mesh

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fluent conjugate heat transfer problem eling FLUENT 9 October 21, 2017 10:10
Problem with conjugate heat transfer in Fluent JianT88 FLUENT 0 March 16, 2015 08:17
problem in conjugate heat transfer reza67 FLUENT 2 December 2, 2014 03:16
Transient conjugate heat transfer problem troyker FLUENT 0 June 21, 2013 03:37
Conjugate heat transfer problem with porous media piko Siemens 1 April 17, 2009 15:41


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02.