CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > ANSYS > FLUENT

computed saturation temperature <= 0 error message

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By xiaowei

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   February 14, 2018, 09:18
Default computed saturation temperature <= 0 error message
  #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
project4 is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone,
i'm trying to simulate the leidenfrost effect under a water droplet using the critical heat flux boiling model. i keep having the error "computed saturation temperature <=0" when i try to initialize and i didn't manage to find how FLUENT calculate this temperature or how to solve this issue.

Does anyone ever encountered this problem or know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance
project4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 16, 2019, 10:53
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 5
bbarbier07 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by project4 View Post
Hello everyone,
i'm trying to simulate the leidenfrost effect under a water droplet using the critical heat flux boiling model. i keep having the error "computed saturation temperature <=0" when i try to initialize and i didn't manage to find how FLUENT calculate this temperature or how to solve this issue.

Does anyone ever encountered this problem or know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance
Hi, I am dealing with the same error when I want to compute the saturation temperature in function of pressure with a UDF for a VOF simulation with evaporation-condensation model, have you managed it ? Thanks in advance.
bbarbier07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 18, 2019, 11:07
Default
  #3
New Member
 
xiaowei zhu
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
xiaowei is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarbier07 View Post
Hi, I am dealing with the same error when I want to compute the saturation temperature in function of pressure with a UDF for a VOF simulation with evaporation-condensation model, have you managed it ? Thanks in advance.
Hi bbarbier07, you should input the T_sat-Pressure correlation as a piecewise-polynomial (indentify the valid range of the correlation ), rather than a pure polynomial, then the problem can be fixed. I guess it's because some cells are intialized with a small pressure value, so that the polynomial may caculate a negative T_sat at the begaining of the interation, which causes the error.
xiaowei is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 28, 2020, 23:44
Default
  #4
New Member
 
Qingqing Liu
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 19
Rep Power: 7
qingqingliu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaowei View Post
Hi bbarbier07, you should input the T_sat-Pressure correlation as a piecewise-polynomial (indentify the valid range of the correlation ), rather than a pure polynomial, then the problem can be fixed. I guess it's because some cells are intialized with a small pressure value, so that the polynomial may caculate a negative T_sat at the begaining of the interation, which causes the error.
I am simulating flow boiling of water and also met the issue, Error at Node 0: The computed saturation temperature <=0.0. where is the T_sat-Pressure correlation?
qingqingliu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 18, 2021, 23:41
Default
  #5
THX
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
THX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by qingqingliu View Post
I am simulating flow boiling of water and also met the issue, Error at Node 0: The computed saturation temperature <=0.0. where is the T_sat-Pressure correlation?
do you have any ideas?
THX is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
computed, leidenfrost, saturation, temperature

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Natural convection through fin in Ansys FLUENT hifjur FLUENT 9 March 16, 2016 12:52
Cfd to ansys thermal to ansys structural interface ssixr ANSYS 17 July 31, 2015 16:18
Evaporation heat loss modelling (water temperature below saturation)? ahmedmmx Fluent Multiphase 1 June 19, 2015 07:35
Initialize volume temperature field with a computed field magnounibo FLUENT 2 December 11, 2009 04:06
ho to input a computed temperature value in a UDF mcb FLUENT 0 March 7, 2007 07:06


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:41.