|August 7, 2009, 01:22||
Membrane porous jump problem in VOF
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1Rep Power: 0
I am Hema, i am doing 2d cross flow microfiltration study using fluent.
i have 2d geometry of 57mm x 1mm two rectangle with middle connecting edge (50mm) defined as porous jump. i have defined velocit inlet and pressure outlet at top edge, and pressure outlet for permeate at bottom edge (all 3 mm).
these are the conditions
Gradient option: node-based
Number of phases: 2
VOF scheme: geo reconst.
Open channel flow: No
Body force formulation: implicit body force.
-Viscous model: Laminar
Operating pressure: 101325
Operating density: 1.225
Primary phase: water
Secondary phase: air
Velocity inlet: mixture - 0.14 m/s (air-0.04 m/s, water-0.1 m/s), air vol fraction 0.285
Pressure-outlet (both): 0kPa (gauge)
Wall: no slip conditions
membrane - (porous jump- phase permeability- 6.25e-16, membrane thickness- 0.000125m, porous jump coefficient - 0)
Velocity-pressure coupling: PISO
Skewness correction: 0
Neighbor correction: 1
Pressure: Body forced weighted
Momentum: 2nd order upwind
URL: default values except for momentum of 0.5
initialize at inlet
Patch - water at top surface and air at bottom surface
Time step - 5e-7
1) one problem i am facing is very small time step, how i can reduce time step, i found that if i reduce phase permeability- from 6.25e-16 to 6.25e-10 the time step changes to 2e-5. but i want very low permeability. whay i can improve?
2) i also found that the air bubbles passes through membrane surface. but in actual case air do not pass through membrane it should come out through reject. what is the problem?
3) in my experiment i have pressure drop between my velocity inlet and reject pressure outlet as 20kpa. so i also need to know how i can define that in my case under velocity inlet condition?
4) one problem is the how we can reduce the diffusion of air into water. because in simulation we cann't see air and water boundry (air bubbles) very clearly.
5) is voulme fraction of 0.285 defined correct in my case?
i calculated vol frac as = ug/(ug+ul) and mix velo=ug + ul , is it correct?
please anyone can help..i will be very happy to get answers to any of my questions..
Thanks in advance..
Last edited by Hema kothimbare; August 7, 2009 at 01:26. Reason: need to add some details
|membrane, multiphase, porous jump, velocity inlet, vof|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|VOF problem, liquid film thickness||Pedro24||FLUENT||0||May 13, 2009 05:57|
|Conjugate heat transfer problem with porous media||piko||CD-adapco||1||April 17, 2009 15:41|
|problem about droplets in porous||cck||CD-adapco||0||August 6, 2005 00:48|
|porous jump boundary condition||koh||FLUENT||1||March 23, 2005 08:02|
|Porous Jump BC||elmccoy||FLUENT||0||October 28, 2004 17:22|