Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   November 8, 2019, 11:14
Question Lagrangian data - particle velocity post processing
Ake

Kevin
Ake is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone,

i am doing LES and i just added lagrangian particles to pimpleFoam (openfoam 7). But now i am struggeling with the post processing, which isn't as easy as I thought/expected.

I am able to see the lagrangian data in paraView. But i have no idea how to sample the particle velocity to get (for example) an axial particle velocity profile. Additionally i need the average of the particle velocity, what could be done easily in the controlDict if i have a field. So what i need is a field of the particle velocity with that i am able to create the time average.

In the Cloudfunction "VoidFraction" (VoidFraction.C) there is lagrangian data "written in a field" i guess.
--> theta[p.cell()] += dt*p.nParticle()*p.volume();

So i have tried to do it the same way and edit the VoidFraction cloudfunction with this or something similar
--> Uparticle[p.cell()] += dt*mag(p.U());
but this didnt work properly. The solver compiles but the magnitude of the velocity of the created field is much too high (about 10⁹). I think there is something wrong in the transfer of the "point" velocity to the "cell" velocity.

Does anyone have any idea how this could work?

I'm not sure this is the right way. Maybe someone has a better idea to sample the particle velocity at any position? Is there an existing CloudFunction which can be used for that?

Thanks in advance
Ake is online now   Reply With Quote

Old   Yesterday, 06:01

fresty is on a distinguished road
Have you tried using 'calculate' to acquire p.U(component) and 'integrate variables' in ParaView?
fresty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagrangian data, large eddy simulation, post processing