CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > OpenFOAM > OpenFOAM Post-Processing

yPlus calculation:Fatal Error saying turbulence model not found

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By atul1018
  • 1 Post By atul1018
  • 1 Post By SAIKRISHNA N
  • 2 Post By Major0412

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   December 27, 2020, 05:57
Default yPlus calculation:Fatal Error saying turbulence model not found
  #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 100
Rep Power: 5
atul1018 is on a distinguished road
Hello Foamers


I am doing LES simulation (Smagorinsky model with VanDriest delta function) of BFS case. I wanted to calculate yPlus values as per provided mesh resolution using runtime postprocessing. In doing so, I included following in controlDict:


Code:
functions
{
    #includeFunc  residuals

    yPlus1
    {
        type            yPlus;
        libs            (fieldFunctionObjects);
        writeControl    writeTime;
    }
}

The simulation runs successful but it doesn't calculate yPluss and gives the following error:



Code:
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function virtual bool Foam::functionObjects::yPlus::execute()
    in file yPlus/yPlus.C at line 178
    Unable to find turbulence model in the database: yPlus will not be calculated
yPlus yPlus1 write:
    writing field yPlus
    patch walls y+ : min = 0, max = 0, average = 0
fieldAverage fieldAverage1 write:
    Calculating averages

    Writing average fields

End

Finalising parallel run

I also tried to calculate yPlus after the simulation has completed instead of runtime post processing but it gives same Fatal Error. Please let me know if i can fix this issue somehow.


PS: I am using OpenFOAM-v-1912 and running the simulation in parallel.


Best Regards
Atul Jaiswal
saeed sangchooly likes this.
atul1018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 12, 2021, 07:47
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Masoumeh
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 6
ms.hashempour is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by atul1018 View Post
Hello Foamers


I am doing LES simulation (Smagorinsky model with VanDriest delta function) of BFS case. I wanted to calculate yPlus values as per provided mesh resolution using runtime postprocessing. In doing so, I included following in controlDict:


Code:
functions
{
    #includeFunc  residuals

    yPlus1
    {
        type            yPlus;
        libs            (fieldFunctionObjects);
        writeControl    writeTime;
    }
}

The simulation runs successful but it doesn't calculate yPluss and gives the following error:



Code:
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function virtual bool Foam::functionObjects::yPlus::execute()
    in file yPlus/yPlus.C at line 178
    Unable to find turbulence model in the database: yPlus will not be calculated
yPlus yPlus1 write:
    writing field yPlus
    patch walls y+ : min = 0, max = 0, average = 0
fieldAverage fieldAverage1 write:
    Calculating averages

    Writing average fields

End

Finalising parallel run

I also tried to calculate yPlus after the simulation has completed instead of runtime post processing but it gives same Fatal Error. Please let me know if i can fix this issue somehow.


PS: I am using OpenFOAM-v-1912 and running the simulation in parallel.


Best Regards
Atul Jaiswal


Just follow this terminal code (as an example )
simpleFoam -postProcess -func yPlus
ms.hashempour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 29, 2022, 10:09
Post
  #3
New Member
 
saeed sangchooly
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 4
saeed sangchooly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by atul1018 View Post
Hello Foamers


I am doing LES simulation (Smagorinsky model with VanDriest delta function) of BFS case. I wanted to calculate yPlus values as per provided mesh resolution using runtime postprocessing. In doing so, I included following in controlDict:


Code:
functions
{
    #includeFunc  residuals

    yPlus1
    {
        type            yPlus;
        libs            (fieldFunctionObjects);
        writeControl    writeTime;
    }
}

The simulation runs successful but it doesn't calculate yPluss and gives the following error:



Code:
--> FOAM Warning : 
    From function virtual bool Foam::functionObjects::yPlus::execute()
    in file yPlus/yPlus.C at line 178
    Unable to find turbulence model in the database: yPlus will not be calculated
yPlus yPlus1 write:
    writing field yPlus
    patch walls y+ : min = 0, max = 0, average = 0
fieldAverage fieldAverage1 write:
    Calculating averages

    Writing average fields

End

Finalising parallel run

I also tried to calculate yPlus after the simulation has completed instead of runtime post processing but it gives same Fatal Error. Please let me know if i can fix this issue somehow.


PS: I am using OpenFOAM-v-1912 and running the simulation in parallel.


Best Regards
Atul Jaiswal
I also have this problem with multiphaseEulerFoam solver. have you figured it out?
saeed sangchooly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 4, 2022, 05:45
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 100
Rep Power: 5
atul1018 is on a distinguished road
Hi

I was able to solve this problem but I dont remember exactly how. As far as I recall, changing the write control to outputTime solved the issue. So the following code should work:

yPlus1
{

type yPlus;
libs (fieldFunctionObjects);
writeControl outputTime;
writeInterval 1;

}
saeed sangchooly likes this.
atul1018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 12, 2022, 05:32
Default
  #5
New Member
 
SAIKRISHNA N
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 11
SAIKRISHNA N is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeed sangchooly View Post
I also have this problem with multiphaseEulerFoam solver. have you figured it out?

I am also facing the same issue with multiphaseEulerFoam. Please let me know if anyone has a solution..
saeed sangchooly likes this.
SAIKRISHNA N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 13, 2022, 07:27
Default
  #6
New Member
 
Ma Jie
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 5
Major0412 is on a distinguished road
As ms.hashempour said, you must add your solver name, for example:
yourSolverName -postProcess -func yPlus
reza2031 and ms.hashempour like this.
Major0412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 23, 2022, 07:55
Default
  #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 3
Gavin Tall is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIKRISHNA N View Post
I am also facing the same issue with multiphaseEulerFoam. Please let me know if anyone has a solution..
Have you solved this problem? I now face the same problem.
I try to use pisoFoam and interFoam to calculate y+ :add a FOyPlus dictionary file to the system, and include the functions in controlDict, which can be calculated normally;
But it can't be calculated in reactingTwoPhaseEulerFoam.
Gavin Tall is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
les, yplus

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Building OpenFOAM1.7.0 from source ata OpenFOAM Installation 46 March 6, 2022 13:21
[Gmsh] Insatlling gmsh from the source code-issue? CFD-Lover OpenFOAM Meshing & Mesh Conversion 20 June 12, 2018 06:39
Gmsh installation on terminal help spitfire Main CFD Forum 4 July 27, 2017 15:11
8x icoFoam speed up with Cufflink CUDA solver library kmooney OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 42 November 6, 2012 11:37
Discussion: Reason of Turbulence!! Wen Long Main CFD Forum 3 May 15, 2009 09:52


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07.