CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > OpenFOAM > OpenFOAM Programming & Development

New solver for two-phase flows with phase-change heat transfer

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree14Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   June 19, 2016, 12:54
Default
  #21
New Member
 
ali
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 6
abdoli is on a distinguished road
hi liquidspoon.
i am interested using your code in foam-extend-3.1. but i received the attached error. could you help me.
thanks a lot
Attached Files
File Type: docx cfd-pc installation error.docx (25.0 KB, 22 views)
abdoli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 23, 2018, 11:25
Default
  #22
New Member
 
fa
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 9
yamifm0f is on a distinguished road
Hello

I have downloded your solver and I am trying to use it with openFoam v6
I have errors

dynamicKistlerAlphaContactAngle/dynamicKistlerAlphaContactAngleFvPatchScalarField. C:148:38: error: ‘const class Foam::dynamicKistlerAlphaContactAngleFvPatchScalar Field’ has no member named ‘dimensionedInternalField’; did you mean ‘patchInternalField’?
<< " of field " << this->dimensionedInternalField().name()
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The code does not recognise dimensionedInternalField

I change it to patchInternalField and I have a new error now

dynamicKistlerAlphaContactAngle/dynamicKistlerAlphaContactAngleFvPatchScalarField. C:148:59: error: ‘class Foam::tmp<Foam::Field<double> >’ has no member named ‘name’
<< " of field " << this->patchInternalField().name()

The code does not like name and objectpath

Can you advice?
yamifm0f is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 24, 2019, 19:48
Default installation problem with interThermalPhaseChangeFoam
  #23
Member
 
FaRa
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 33
Rep Power: 3
Fahmida is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone. I wanted Install this solver in windows 10 for linux subsystem with OpenFoam-v1906. But I am getting the following error. How can I fix this error? Thank you.

Code:
fahmida@DESKTOP-9VUVGL4:~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam$ source Allwmake.sh
wmake libso incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 456: make: command not found
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 459: make: command not found
wmake error: file '/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/build/linux64Gcc63DPInt32Opt/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture/sourceFiles' could not be created in /home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture
wmake interThermalPhaseChangeFoam
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 456: make: command not found
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 459: make: command not found
wmake error: file '/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/build/linux64Gcc63DPInt32Opt/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/interThermalPhaseChangeFoam/sourceFiles' could not be created in /home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/interThermalPhaseChangeFoam
wmake libso DynamicKistlerContactAngle
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 456: make: command not found
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 459: make: command not found
wmake error: file '/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/build/linux64Gcc63DPInt32Opt/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/Libraries/DynamicKistlerContactAngle/sourceFiles' could not be created in /home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/Libraries/DynamicKistlerContactAngle

Last edited by Fahmida; August 22, 2019 at 17:01.
Fahmida is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 23, 2020, 11:17
Default
  #24
New Member
 
Peng Xie
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 7
xiepengupc is on a distinguished road
Please modify the Allwmake.sh file:

delete libso in the "wmake libso incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture"

that is change wmake libso incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture

to wmake incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture

For OpenFoam-v1906 or other new versions, Compile library no longer need libso in the script.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahmida View Post
Hello everyone. I wanted Install this solver in windows 10 for linux subsystem with OpenFoam-v1906. But I am getting the following error. How can I fix this error? Thank you.

Code:
fahmida@DESKTOP-9VUVGL4:~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam$ source Allwmake.sh
wmake libso incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 456: make: command not found
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 459: make: command not found
wmake error: file '/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/build/linux64Gcc63DPInt32Opt/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture/sourceFiles' could not be created in /home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture
wmake interThermalPhaseChangeFoam
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 456: make: command not found
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 459: make: command not found
wmake error: file '/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/build/linux64Gcc63DPInt32Opt/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/interThermalPhaseChangeFoam/sourceFiles' could not be created in /home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/interThermalPhaseChangeFoam
wmake libso DynamicKistlerContactAngle
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 456: make: command not found
/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/wmake/wmake: line 459: make: command not found
wmake error: file '/home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/build/linux64Gcc63DPInt32Opt/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/Libraries/DynamicKistlerContactAngle/sourceFiles' could not be created in /home/fahmida/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1906/CFD-PC/interThermalPhaseFoam/Libraries/DynamicKistlerContactAngle
xiepengupc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 23, 2020, 18:10
Default
  #25
New Member
 
Peng Xie
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 7
xiepengupc is on a distinguished road
delete libso in the Allwmake.sh script :

wmake libso incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture
xiepengupc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 23, 2020, 18:16
Default
  #26
New Member
 
Peng Xie
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 7
xiepengupc is on a distinguished road
delete libso in the Allwmake.sh script :

wmake libso incompressibleTwoPhaseThermalMixture
xiepengupc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 23, 2020, 18:49
Default
  #27
Member
 
FaRa
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 33
Rep Power: 3
Fahmida is on a distinguished road
Thank you. I am gonna try this and get back to you.☺
Fahmida is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 23, 2020, 19:28
Default
  #28
New Member
 
Peng Xie
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 7
xiepengupc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamifm0f View Post
Hello

I have downloded your solver and I am trying to use it with openFoam v6
I have errors

dynamicKistlerAlphaContactAngle/dynamicKistlerAlphaContactAngleFvPatchScalarField. C:148:38: error: ‘const class Foam::dynamicKistlerAlphaContactAngleFvPatchScalar Field’ has no member named ‘dimensionedInternalField’; did you mean ‘patchInternalField’?
<< " of field " << this->dimensionedInternalField().name()
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The code does not recognise dimensionedInternalField

I change it to patchInternalField and I have a new error now

dynamicKistlerAlphaContactAngle/dynamicKistlerAlphaContactAngleFvPatchScalarField. C:148:59: error: ‘class Foam::tmp<Foam::Field<double> >’ has no member named ‘name’
<< " of field " << this->patchInternalField().name()

The code does not like name and objectpath

Can you advice?
Hi yamifm0f,

Have you solved the problem? I meet the same problem...
atulkjoy likes this.
xiepengupc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 2, 2020, 06:15
Default
  #29
Member
 
Lasse Brams Vinther
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 7
Swagga5aur is on a distinguished road
I updated the interThermalPhaseFoam sovler to openFOAM v6 some time ago, but forgot to post it here.

The code is found here https://github.com/Swagga5aur/interThermalPhaseFoam, note that interfaceSigmaProperties have been added compared to the original solver due to changes between the openfoam versions. This library contains some removed parameters.

Let me know if there are any issues, I haven't had time to test the solver only compiled it without errors.
frantov likes this.
Swagga5aur is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 21, 2020, 11:27
Default
  #30
New Member
 
M Naarendharan
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 19
Rep Power: 2
Naaren is on a distinguished road
Hi Lasse Brams Vinther,

I am Naarendharan from India. I am currently working with solver interThermalPhaseChangeFoam for my study of nucleate boiling. I saw your post in the thread "New solver for two-phase flows with phase-change heat transfer". I tried downloading and compiling the solver updated by you.
I tried in 2 versions of OpenFOAM.

1. Windows subsystem for Linux -Ubuntu: 18.04 LTS; OpenFOAM version: v2006.

2. Dual Boot (In another system) - Ubuntu: 18.04 LTS; OpenFoam version: v6

I am attaching the screenshot of the errors. I would be very much grateful if you could help me with this error.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...yR?usp=sharing

Thanking you,
Yours Faithfully,
M Naarendharan,
Naaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 7, 2020, 04:29
Default Tutorial gives dimension errors?
  #31
Member
 
Francisco
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 11
frantov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagga5aur View Post
I updated the interThermalPhaseFoam sovler to openFOAM v6 some time ago, but forgot to post it here.

The code is found here https://github.com/Swagga5aur/interThermalPhaseFoam, note that interfaceSigmaProperties have been added compared to the original solver due to changes between the openfoam versions. This library contains some removed parameters.

Let me know if there are any issues, I haven't had time to test the solver only compiled it without errors.



Hi Swagga5aur. Thanks for the upgrade to OF6.
I downloaded and compiled your code. Seems to compile without errors.

I tried to run a tutorial from the repo (OF2.4 MadhuNabil/CFD/PC), Im getting a dimension error.


I noticed you mentioned, the interfaceSigmaProperties have been added. Can this be the issue?

What update does the tutorial need?
thanks for your time
Fran





Create time
Create mesh for time = 0
PIMPLE: No convergence criteria found
PIMPLE: Operating solver in PISO mode
Reading field p_rgh
Reading field alpha1
Reading field U
Reading/calculating face flux field phi
Reading field T
Reading transportProperties
Selecting incompressible transport model Newtonian
Selecting incompressible transport model Newtonian
Selecting incompressible thermal transport model Fourier
Selecting incompressible thermal transport model Fourier
Selecting turbulence model type laminar
Selecting laminar stress model Stokes
Selecting phase change model: InterfaceEquilibrium_SplitDilatation

--> FOAM FATAL ERROR:
Different dimensions for =
dimensions : [0 0 -1 0 0 0 0] = [0 3 -1 0 0 0 0]
Attached Files
File Type: zip NucleateBoiling2D.zip (16.9 KB, 2 views)
frantov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 8, 2020, 18:25
Default
  #32
Member
 
Lasse Brams Vinther
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 7
Swagga5aur is on a distinguished road
Hello Francisco,

I'm unable to get to the same point as you with the case, could you please verify that it works to the same point. The more you do the more I will have time to help with your actual issue.

I am able to run the Stefan case when removing the function call in controlDict and moving the blockMesh file from constant to system.
Swagga5aur is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 10, 2020, 03:34
Default dimension errors?
  #33
Member
 
Francisco
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 11
frantov is on a distinguished road
Hi Lasse, thanks for your reply and thanks in advance for your time.



Im able to run Stefan case.
Im interested in the NucleateBoiling2D as Im interested in the kislter dynamic angle library.


By some reason Im unable to install swak4foam in OF6, but I have it running on OF7.

Therefore mesh generation is done in OF7.



Then I need I also update Axis bc in alpha, H, p_rgh, T, U, to symmetry instead of symmetryPlane



type symmetry; //symmetryPlane;



I guess this change is need because of the version update.



I can see the mesh and fields in paraview without error. Then,

when running interThermalPhaseChangeFoam I get the errow below:


Also, Im getting the same error on a 3D case (droplet impacting a surface case also attached)







Duplicate entry interfaceCompression in runtime selection table surfaceInterpolationScheme
#0 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libOpenFOAM.so(_ZN4Foam5error14safePrintStackERSo+ 0x49) [0x7fb6118070b9]
#1 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libinterfaceProperties.so(_ZN4Foam26surfaceInterpo lationSchemeIdE25addMeshConstructorToTableINS_9Phi SchemeIdNS_27interfaceCompressionLimiterEEEEC2ERKN S_4wordE+0x100) [0x7fb6143a4a40]
#2 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libinterfaceProperties.so(+0x2a460) [0x7fb614369460]
#3 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x11b8a) [0x7fb61443ab8a]
#4 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x11c91) [0x7fb61443ac91]
#5 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x113a) [0x7fb61442a13a]
Duplicate entry interfaceCompression in runtime selection table surfaceInterpolationScheme
#0 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libOpenFOAM.so(_ZN4Foam5error14safePrintStackERSo+ 0x49) [0x7fb6118070b9]
#1 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libinterfaceProperties.so(_ZN4Foam26surfaceInterpo lationSchemeIdE29addMeshFluxConstructorToTableINS_ 9PhiSchemeIdNS_27interfaceCompressionLimiterEEEEC2 ERKNS_4wordE+0x100) [0x7fb6143a50f0]
#2 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libinterfaceProperties.so(+0x2a488) [0x7fb614369488]
#3 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x11b8a) [0x7fb61443ab8a]
#4 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x11c91) [0x7fb61443ac91]
#5 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x113a) [0x7fb61442a13a]
Duplicate entry interfaceCompression in runtime selection table limitedSurfaceInterpolationScheme
#0 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libOpenFOAM.so(_ZN4Foam5error14safePrintStackERSo+ 0x49) [0x7fb6118070b9]
#1 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libinterfaceProperties.so(_ZN4Foam33limitedSurface InterpolationSchemeIdE25addMeshConstructorToTableI NS_9PhiSchemeIdNS_27interfaceCompressionLimiterEEE EC2ERKNS_4wordE+0x100) [0x7fb6143a57a0]
#2 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libinterfaceProperties.so(+0x2a4b0) [0x7fb6143694b0]
#3 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x11b8a) [0x7fb61443ab8a]
#4 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x11c91) [0x7fb61443ac91]
#5 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x113a) [0x7fb61442a13a]
Duplicate entry interfaceCompression in runtime selection table limitedSurfaceInterpolationScheme
#0 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libOpenFOAM.so(_ZN4Foam5error14safePrintStackERSo+ 0x49) [0x7fb6118070b9]
#1 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libinterfaceProperties.so(_ZN4Foam33limitedSurface InterpolationSchemeIdE29addMeshFluxConstructorToTa bleINS_9PhiSchemeIdNS_27interfaceCompressionLimite rEEEEC2ERKNS_4wordE+0x100) [0x7fb6143a5e50]
#2 /home/fran/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libinterfaceProperties.so(+0x2a4d8) [0x7fb6143694d8]
#3 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x11b8a) [0x7fb61443ab8a]
#4 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x11c91) [0x7fb61443ac91]
#5 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x113a) [0x7fb61442a13a]
/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*\
========= |
\\ / F ield | OpenFOAM: The Open Source CFD Toolbox
\\ / O peration | Website: https://openfoam.org
\\ / A nd | Version: 6
\\/ M anipulation |
\*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Build : 6
Exec : interKFoam
Date : Sep 10 2020
Time : 13:07:48
Host : "roverx230"
PID : 33522
I/O : uncollated
Case : /home/fran/OpenFOAM/fran-6/run/tutorials_thermal/NucleateBoiling2D
nProcs : 1
sigFpe : Enabling floating point exception trapping (FOAM_SIGFPE).
fileModificationChecking : Monitoring run-time modified files using timeStampMaster (fileModificationSkew 10)
allowSystemOperations : Allowing user-supplied system call operations

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //
Create time

Create mesh for time = 0


PIMPLE: No convergence criteria found


PIMPLE: Operating solver in PISO mode

Reading field p_rgh

Reading field alpha1

Reading field U

Reading/calculating face flux field phi

Reading field T

Reading transportProperties

Selecting incompressible transport model Newtonian
Selecting incompressible transport model Newtonian
Selecting incompressible thermal transport model Fourier
Selecting incompressible thermal transport model Fourier
Selecting turbulence model type laminar
Selecting laminar stress model Stokes
Selecting phase change model: InterfaceEquilibrium_SplitDilatation


--> FOAM FATAL ERROR:
Different dimensions for =
dimensions : [0 0 -1 0 0 0 0] = [0 3 -1 0 0 0 0]


From function bool Foam::dimensionSet:perator=(const Foam::dimensionSet&) const
in file dimensionSet/dimensionSet.C at line 171.

FOAM aborting

#0 Foam::error:rintStack(Foam::Ostream&) at ??:?
#1 Foam::error::abort() at ??:?
#2 Foam::dimensionSet:perator=(Foam::dimensionSet const&) const at ??:?
#3 Foam:imensionedField<double, Foam::volMesh>:perator=(Foam::tmp<Foam:imensio nedField<double, Foam::volMesh> > const&) in "/home/fran/OpenFOAM/fran-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/interKFoam"
#4 ? in "/home/fran/OpenFOAM/fran-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/interKFoam"
#5 ? in "/home/fran/OpenFOAM/fran-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/interKFoam"
#6 ? in "/home/fran/OpenFOAM/fran-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/interKFoam"
#7 ? in "/home/fran/OpenFOAM/fran-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/interKFoam"
#8 ? in "/home/fran/OpenFOAM/fran-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/interKFoam"
#9 __libc_start_main in "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6"
#10 ? in "/home/fran/OpenFOAM/fran-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/interKFoam"
Aborted (core dumped)
(base) fran@roverx230:~/OpenFOAM/fran-6/run/tutorials_thermal/NucleateBoiling2D$ .2(+0x11c91) [0x7fa33f629c91]
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `+0x11c91'
(base) fran@roverx230:~/OpenFOAM/fran-6/run/tutorials_thermal/NucleateBoiling2D$ #5/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2(+0x113a) [0x7fa33f61913a]
(base) fran@roverx230:~/OpenFOAM/fran-6/run/tutorials_thermal/NucleateBoiling2D$ Duplicate entry interfaceCompression in runtime selection table surfaceInterpolationSc
Attached Files
File Type: zip NucleateBoiling2D.zip (17.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: zip dropletImpact.zip (16.0 KB, 2 views)
frantov is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
interfoam, phase change

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Effective heat capacity - Phase change does not work!!! papteo CFX 8 October 31, 2013 06:15
Constant velocity of the material Sas CFX 15 July 13, 2010 09:56
Which Code is Best for Two Phase, Heat Transfer earlc Main CFD Forum 0 September 23, 2005 21:26
compressible two phase flow in CFX4.4 youngan CFX 0 July 2, 2003 00:32
help needed about phase change Yanhu Guo Main CFD Forum 4 January 24, 2001 00:16


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:30.