|March 14, 2013, 05:26||
A few Questions about LTSInterFoam
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Karlsruhe (Germany)
Posts: 1Rep Power: 0
at the moment I'm doing some tests with LTSInterFoam. We think that for our free-surface problems where we expect a steady-state solution LTSInterFoam could be more suitable than interFoam because it should be faster.
Now I have a few questions about this solver concerning what it does and how it works:
1. What is the meaning of this "Flow time scale min/max" and "Smoothed flow time scale min/max"?
2. How determines LTSInterFoam the length of these "pseudo"-timesteps?
3. Are there some BCs or combinations of BCs, which don't work with LTSInterFoam?
4. Which are the main differences between interFoam and LTSInterFoam?
5. Do you know if there is any documentaion or publiction about LTSInterFoam?
Thank you for your help
|December 11, 2013, 08:38||
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2Rep Power: 0
I am starting to work on LTSInterFoam lately, and thinking of the same questions. Did you find any information?
|free surface, interfoam, ltsinterfoam|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Problem running LTSInterFoam||timothee||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||7||June 26, 2014 16:49|
|New User, Basic Questions (Yacht Design)||nyskiffie||STAR-CCM+||0||March 13, 2013 17:01|
|LTSInterFoam and pressure driven flow||Andrea_85||OpenFOAM||3||August 21, 2012 08:44|
|possible interview questions||atturh||Main CFD Forum||1||February 21, 2012 09:53|
|NACA0012 Validation Case Questions||ozzythewise||Main CFD Forum||3||August 3, 2010 14:39|