CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > REEF3D

Output file of the forces in a static net

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   March 23, 2023, 16:04
Default Output file of the forces in a static net
  #1
New Member
 
Pablo Antonio Matamala Carvajal
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 2
EmedemaT is on a distinguished road
Dear REEF3D team
Now I'm practicing with the software trying to simulate a flow on a static network, the problem I'm having now is that the "REEF3D-6DOF_Net_Forces.DAT" file doesn't show up in the "REEF3D_CFD_6DOF_Net" folder like it used to be on other computers where I run another similar code. I don't know if it's because of the version, or I'm doing something wrong with the "ctrl.txt" file.
Here the code "ctrl.txt":
B 10 0
B 50 0.0001
B 60 1
B 61 1
B 75 2

D 10 4
D 20 1
D 30 1

F 30 0
F 40 0

I 10 1

N 40 3
N 45 5000
N 47 0.3

M 10 6


X 320 3
X 321 0.3070764 0.0048 0.035 0.0 998.2 13.0 13.0
X 322 0.445 0.453 0.2 0.35 0.1235 0.0 0.0 0.0

P 10 1
P 20 10
P 62 0.0 1.0 0.35 0.35 0.35 0.35

T 10 0

W 10 0.49
W 22 -9.81
Thanks for your help!
EmedemaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 24, 2023, 04:10
Default
  #2
Member
 
Gang Wang
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: China
Posts: 57
Rep Power: 6
Gang Wang is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmedemaT View Post
Dear REEF3D team
Now I'm practicing with the software trying to simulate a flow on a static network, the problem I'm having now is that the "REEF3D-6DOF_Net_Forces.DAT" file doesn't show up in the "REEF3D_CFD_6DOF_Net" folder like it used to be on other computers where I run another similar code. I don't know if it's because of the version, or I'm doing something wrong with the "ctrl.txt" file.
Here the code "ctrl.txt":
B 10 0
B 50 0.0001
B 60 1
B 61 1
B 75 2

D 10 4
D 20 1
D 30 1

F 30 0
F 40 0

I 10 1

N 40 3
N 45 5000
N 47 0.3

M 10 6


X 320 3
X 321 0.3070764 0.0048 0.035 0.0 998.2 13.0 13.0
X 322 0.445 0.453 0.2 0.35 0.1235 0.0 0.0 0.0

P 10 1
P 20 10
P 62 0.0 1.0 0.35 0.35 0.35 0.35

T 10 0

W 10 0.49
W 22 -9.81
Thanks for your help!
Hi!

"REEF3D-6DOF_Net_Forces.DAT" file has been moved to the "REEF3D_CFD_6DOF" folder in the latest RC.

Cheers,
Gang Wang
Gang Wang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 24, 2023, 06:52
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Pablo Antonio Matamala Carvajal
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 2
EmedemaT is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the response!
So how else can I obtain the force generated by the flow on the net?

Thanks again
Pablo

EDIT:
Sorry, but I can not find the folder "REEF3D_CFD_6DOF"_ into the folders generateds_

Last edited by EmedemaT; March 24, 2023 at 15:19.
EmedemaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 24, 2023, 21:33
Default
  #4
Member
 
Gang Wang
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: China
Posts: 57
Rep Power: 6
Gang Wang is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmedemaT View Post
Thanks for the response!
So how else can I obtain the force generated by the flow on the net?

Thanks again
Pablo

EDIT:
Sorry, but I can not find the folder "REEF3D_CFD_6DOF"_ into the folders generateds_
Hi!

I think the subjected forces on the net panel is in "REEF3D_6DOF_Net_Forces_0.dat". "REEF3D_CFD_6DOF" folder is under the same directory with "control.txt" as well as "ctrl.txt".

Cheers,
Gang
Gang Wang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 27, 2023, 10:20
Default
  #5
New Member
 
Pablo Antonio Matamala Carvajal
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 2
EmedemaT is on a distinguished road
Hi again!
The folder "REEF3D_CFD_6DOF" does not appear in the directory of the simulation. Here a photo of the directory.
Note that the folder called "REEF3D_CFD_Force" is generated by the use of the function of the "P 81 Force calculation box", and is not related to the net that I want to simulate. Also the Force calculation box does not show results.

Thanks again!
Pablo
Attached Images
File Type: png Folder.PNG (46.6 KB, 10 views)
EmedemaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 28, 2023, 07:07
Default
  #6
Member
 
Gang Wang
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: China
Posts: 57
Rep Power: 6
Gang Wang is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmedemaT View Post
Hi again!
The folder "REEF3D_CFD_6DOF" does not appear in the directory of the simulation. Here a photo of the directory.
Note that the folder called "REEF3D_CFD_Force" is generated by the use of the function of the "P 81 Force calculation box", and is not related to the net that I want to simulate. Also the Force calculation box does not show results.

Thanks again!
Pablo
Thank for your reports! It's a bug introduced in the former RC and we'd get it fixed later. You'll be noticed once the job's done.

Thanks again for your reports and have a nice day!

Gang
Gang Wang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 28, 2023, 22:37
Default
  #7
Member
 
Gang Wang
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: China
Posts: 57
Rep Power: 6
Gang Wang is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmedemaT View Post
Hi again!
The folder "REEF3D_CFD_6DOF" does not appear in the directory of the simulation. Here a photo of the directory.
Note that the folder called "REEF3D_CFD_Force" is generated by the use of the function of the "P 81 Force calculation box", and is not related to the net that I want to simulate. Also the Force calculation box does not show results.

Thanks again!
Pablo
Hi!

The problem gets fixed in the latest Release candidate, please update.

Cheers,
Gang
Gang Wang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 28, 2023, 22:55
Default
  #8
New Member
 
Pablo Antonio Matamala Carvajal
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 2
EmedemaT is on a distinguished road
Hi!
Thank you very much, Im going to update to the new version.

Pablo
EmedemaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 3, 2023, 16:09
Default
  #9
New Member
 
Pablo Antonio Matamala Carvajal
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 2
EmedemaT is on a distinguished road
Hi again!
I have updated REEF3D to the latest version (23.03) to the 2 PC's where I run the software, and in both the problem is still present.

The problem is only when I simulate the net alone, when I simulate the net with a solid (generated with the comands X in ctrl.txt) the folder appear.

Regards
Pablo
EmedemaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 6, 2023, 21:37
Default
  #10
Member
 
Gang Wang
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: China
Posts: 57
Rep Power: 6
Gang Wang is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmedemaT View Post
Hi again!
I have updated REEF3D to the latest version (23.03) to the 2 PC's where I run the software, and in both the problem is still present.

The problem is only when I simulate the net alone, when I simulate the net with a solid (generated with the comands X in ctrl.txt) the folder appear.

Regards
Pablo
Could you please show us the control and ctrl files then we could have located your issues.

Gang
Gang Wang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 10, 2023, 14:36
Default
  #11
New Member
 
Pablo Antonio Matamala Carvajal
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 2
EmedemaT is on a distinguished road
Hi
They are my ctrl.txt and control.txt documents.

Thank you very much
Regards
Pablo
Attached Images
File Type: png Foto.PNG (33.3 KB, 6 views)
EmedemaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
forces, output file, static net

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[swak4Foam] funkyDoCalc with OF2.3 massflow NiFl OpenFOAM Community Contributions 14 November 25, 2020 03:30
what is swap4foam ?? AB08 OpenFOAM 28 February 2, 2016 01:22
Custom Thermophysical Properties wsmith02 OpenFOAM 3 July 27, 2015 05:37
[swak4Foam] funkySetFields compilation error tayo OpenFOAM Community Contributions 39 December 3, 2012 05:18
DecomposePar links against liblamso0 with OpenMPI jens_klostermann OpenFOAM Bugs 11 June 28, 2007 17:51


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:44.