CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > Siemens > STAR-CD

Swirl Velocity

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hamoudi

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   June 17, 2009, 03:50
Default Swirl Velocity
  #1
Member
 
Hamoudi djamel
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 12
hamoudi is on a distinguished road
Hello Everybody,

I have a 2D simulation with swirl my geometry is in cylindrical coordinate
The two velocities Vr and V (theta)
please if any one know for corrcting me this information
is it the velocity V (theta) responsible for the swirl or not
************************************************** *
i have another question for cheking this formula

for transformation from cylindrical coordinate to cartesienne coordinate

U= Vr cos (theta)-V(theta) sin (theta)
V= Vr sin (theta)+V(theta)cos (theta)


Thanck you very Much
khaledhmz likes this.
hamoudi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 6, 2009, 16:01
Default
  #2
f-w
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 129
Rep Power: 12
f-w is on a distinguished road
I assume when you say 2D, you imply 2D axisymmetric ...

Yes, V_theta is the swirl velocity.

Your transformation from cylindrical to cartesian coord. systems is correct.

Be careful how you use this, are you evaluating swirl velocity, or setting up boundary conditions with swirl velocity?
f-w is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 7, 2012, 02:07
Default Swirl velocity.
  #3
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mainz, Germany
Posts: 57
Rep Power: 9
juzer_700 is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I am trying to simulate axisymmetric flow in FLUENT.

I am required to calcutae the Axial component, Radial and Tangential component.

I know the mass flow rate and Swirl number. How to calculate the components. Can you guys help me out. I am new to this. Please
juzer_700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 18, 2012, 08:03
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Blanco
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Torino, Italy
Posts: 190
Rep Power: 12
Blanco is on a distinguished road
I will assume that you have a sort of cylinder in your geometry...
create a cylindrical coordinate system (r,theta,z) on the axis of the cylinder, oriented in such a way that the z axis follow the cylinder axis...
Then you have your components:
radial comp. = x component on the cylindrical coord sys (r,theta,z)
tangengial comp. = y comp. ...
axial comp. = z comp...
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 22, 2019, 11:17
Default Question
  #5
New Member
 
abdo
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 3
khaledhmz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzer_700 View Post
Hello,

I am trying to simulate axisymmetric flow in FLUENT.

I am required to calcutae the Axial component, Radial and Tangential component.

I know the mass flow rate and Swirl number. How to calculate the components. Can you guys help me out. I am new to this. Please
do you slove your problem?
khaledhmz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 23, 2019, 17:13
Default
  #6
New Member
 
abdo
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 3
khaledhmz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
I will assume that you have a sort of cylinder in your geometry...
create a cylindrical coordinate system (r,theta,z) on the axis of the cylinder, oriented in such a way that the z axis follow the cylinder axis...
Then you have your components:
radial comp. = x component on the cylindrical coord sys (r,theta,z)
tangengial comp. = y comp. ...
axial comp. = z comp...
but he want to simulate a 2D codinate not 3D..
khaledhmz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 25, 2019, 14:23
Default
  #7
New Member
 
abdo
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 3
khaledhmz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-w View Post
I assume when you say 2D, you imply 2D axisymmetric ...

Yes, V_theta is the swirl velocity.

Your transformation from cylindrical to cartesian coord. systems is correct.

Be careful how you use this, are you evaluating swirl velocity, or setting up boundary conditions with swirl velocity?
brother can you help me plz?
khaledhmz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swirl Velocity hamoudi STAR-CCM+ 0 June 13, 2009 06:11
velocity swirl hamoudi ANSYS Meshing & Geometry 0 June 13, 2009 06:11
Velocity in Porous medium : HELP! HELP! HELP! Kali Sanjay Phoenics 0 November 6, 2006 07:10
Variables Definition in CFX Solver 5.6 R P CFX 2 October 26, 2004 03:13
Terrible Mistake In Fluid Dynamics History Abhi Main CFD Forum 12 July 8, 2002 10:11


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:45.