ounoget If you have written internal reports, theses, or other CFD related documents that are free from copyrights then please consider donating them to CFD-Wiki. We have many enthusiastic CFD-Wikians who would be happy to help you re-work your documents into one or several Wiki articles. Your documents can be in any format like LaTeX, MS Word or other. However, LaTeX source is especially valuable since the Wiki uses LaTeX to format equations. To donate a document to CFD-Wiki do the following:
- Collect your files - If your document consists of several files then put them all into one zip or tar.gz file. Please make sure that you also include all pictures etc. in the zip/tar.gz file.
- Upload them to the Wiki - Click Upload file in the toolbox menu to the left, browse to find the file you want to upload and write an appropriate file-name and a short description of what the file in question contains. Then click the Upload file button.
- List them as donated documets - Go to the donated texts page, click edit and add a link to your just uploaded file by writing [[Media:filename.tar.gz]] (replace "filename.tar.gz" with the name that you gave your uploaded file in the previous step). Please also write a short note on the page about what the document is about, who wrote it and when it was written. Then click the Save page button.
- Announce your donation - This isn't absolutely necessary, but you are very welcome to post a small message on the Wiki forum to tell us about your donated text.
- Enjoy the wonderful feeling of being a good contributing CFD-Wikian :-) THANKS!
When you donate your texts you also release them under a free GFDL license (see CFD-Wiki:Copyrights for more information) in a similar way as open-source software is often released under a GPL license. You of course retain the copyrights yourself to your own documents, but by releasing them under a GFDL you allow others to use and modify your text.