CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > ANSYS > ANSYS Meshing & Geometry

[Workbench] Automatic Edge Detection

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By attiquejavaid08

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   June 27, 2015, 08:51
Default Automatic Edge Detection
  #1
New Member
 
Ashok
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: India
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 15
chitharenjan is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I am new to ANSYS workbench and was trying to draw a 2-D geometry. I drew a rectangle and then attempted to draw a line from one edge of the rectangle to the adjacent edge. But, I was unable to find the automatic edge detection when I tried to connect the line to the rectangle edges. Because of this, my line was not on the rectangle edges and I am stuck with my design.

Is there any button to be activated in ANSYS 15 to get that feature ? I have attached an image, in that I have encircled the feature that I am missing.

I know this is a silly question, but even after many attempts I was unable to fix the problem. Hope somebody can help...

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (17.3 KB, 10 views)
chitharenjan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 27, 2015, 10:10
Default
  #2
Member
 
Attique Javaid
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 66
Rep Power: 11
attiquejavaid08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitharenjan View Post
Hello,

I am new to ANSYS workbench and was trying to draw a 2-D geometry. I drew a rectangle and then attempted to draw a line from one edge of the rectangle to the adjacent edge. But, I was unable to find the automatic edge detection when I tried to connect the line to the rectangle edges. Because of this, my line was not on the rectangle edges and I am stuck with my design.

Is there any button to be activated in ANSYS 15 to get that feature ? I have attached an image, in that I have encircled the feature that I am missing.

I know this is a silly question, but even after many attempts I was unable to fix the problem. Hope somebody can help...

Thanks in advance.
in pic, C = coincident. it means your points are already on line. you don't have to worry about it.
chitharenjan likes this.
attiquejavaid08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 27, 2015, 10:24
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Ashok
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: India
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 15
chitharenjan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by attiquejavaid08 View Post
in pic, C = coincident. it means your points are already on line. you don't have to worry about it.
Thanks for your reply Attique,

But, the image attached is not mine, I took it from a tutorial to show what I need. My lines do not coincide with edge, and the symbol `C' is not appearing when I move the mouse point over the edge.
chitharenjan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 27, 2015, 13:16
Default
  #4
Member
 
Attique Javaid
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 66
Rep Power: 11
attiquejavaid08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitharenjan View Post
Thanks for your reply Attique,

But, the image attached is not mine, I took it from a tutorial to show what I need. My lines do not coincide with edge, and the symbol `C' is not appearing when I move the mouse point over the edge.
in designmodeler
auto constraints>check 'global', 'cursor'

hope, it will help.
regards
AJ
attiquejavaid08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 29, 2015, 07:03
Default
  #5
New Member
 
Ashok
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: India
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 15
chitharenjan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by attiquejavaid08 View Post
in designmodeler
auto constraints>check 'global', 'cursor'

hope, it will help.
regards
AJ
Thank you very much Attique, that worked perfectly !
chitharenjan is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
ansys 15.0, edge detection, workbench

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to set periodic boundary conditions Ganesh FLUENT 15 November 18, 2020 06:09
Actuator disk model audrich FLUENT 0 September 21, 2009 07:06
Where's the singularity/mesh flaw? audrich FLUENT 3 August 4, 2009 01:07
fluent add additional zones for the mesh file SSL FLUENT 2 January 26, 2008 11:55
[Commercial meshers] Star mesh import problem chris1980 OpenFOAM Meshing & Mesh Conversion 20 May 8, 2006 01:07


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35.