CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > CONVERGE

Modelling endothermic phase in diesel combustion

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   April 3, 2021, 05:42
Default Modelling endothermic phase in diesel combustion
  #1
New Member
 
Vipin
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 6
HariHari is on a distinguished road
How does CONVERGE model/measure the endothermic phase (immediately after the injection starts) in direct injection diesel engine? Is it visible in HRR curve?

Thanks in advance.
HariHari is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 7, 2021, 14:07
Default
  #2
Member
 
jetcheve's Avatar
 
John Etcheverry
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 4
jetcheve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HariHari View Post
How does CONVERGE model/measure the endothermic phase (immediately after the injection starts) in direct injection diesel engine? Is it visible in HRR curve?

Thanks in advance.
Hello! If you are using a mechanism that contains the appropriate reactions you will see a dip in the heat release rate curve. No special models or anything required beyond the appropriate mechanism.

- John
__________________
John Etcheverry
Research Engineer
CONVERGECFD
jetcheve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 8, 2021, 05:07
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Vipin
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 6
HariHari is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcheve View Post
Hello! If you are using a mechanism that contains the appropriate reactions you will see a dip in the heat release rate curve. No special models or anything required beyond the appropriate mechanism.

- John
Thanks John for the reply,

If we are carrying out conventional diesel combustion simulation then which mechanism you would like to recommend to see that dip in HRR? It would be great if you could provide the source of the mechanism.
HariHari is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 8, 2021, 09:07
Default
  #4
Member
 
jetcheve's Avatar
 
John Etcheverry
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 4
jetcheve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HariHari View Post
Thanks John for the reply,

If we are carrying out conventional diesel combustion simulation then which mechanism you would like to recommend to see that dip in HRR? It would be great if you could provide the source of the mechanism.
I would recommend starting with one of our diesel example cases. If the dip in HRR is low enough you may need to look at the values in the file to see it, but the example cases are almost always a good place to start.

Also, make sure you are writing out your text files frequently enough that it doesn't step over the results you are looking for.

- John
__________________
John Etcheverry
Research Engineer
CONVERGECFD
jetcheve is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
converge, diesel combustion, endothermic, heat release rate

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
spray modelling diesel engines anirudh1 CONVERGE 3 October 9, 2020 15:08
Three phase modelling richard222 Fluent Multiphase 5 May 22, 2017 17:50
Modelling Combustion in Porous Zone tanjinjack FLUENT 2 September 26, 2016 04:10
Diesel Engine combustion chamber analysis sachinthakre FLUENT 12 August 13, 2013 14:14
Combustion modelling with energy source Marc_L FLUENT 0 July 13, 2010 07:58


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:54.