CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > ANSYS > FLUENT > Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming

The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for 3D on the current

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By pakk
  • 2 Post By AlexanderZ
  • 1 Post By Jennifer Von
  • 1 Post By obscureed

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   May 24, 2015, 15:40
Default The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for 3D on the current
  #1
Member
 
Mochibaru
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Japan
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 8
mohibanwar is on a distinguished road
Hello Everyone,
As i am New to UDF Scheme coding and Compiling option.SO i need you guys to help me out as i have tried almost every post related to my problem but i did not get it.Thanks
My problem is to Link the C compiler with Fluent.
My system parameters are,
Windows 7 (64 Bit)
Fluent 14.5 (64 Bit)
Fluent 15.0.7 64 Bit

About the compilers i have checked almost every version of the Microsoft visual studio and Windows SDk but every time i got the same problem which pictures i have posted.I have set the path inside the environment variables also i have started fluent from VS command prompts and SDK command promts.I also Run fluent in serial and parallel mode but results were same.
Can any body can suggest me as i am totally exhausted with this process again and again.
I have used VS 2008 SP1,VS 2010 Express and Ultimate,VS 2012 Ultimate with SDK 7.1 and 2.0 Net framwork SDK 2.0 for 64 Bit.
I have also kept my case and data file and Source code file in same folder that is working director but results are same.

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME OUT I NEED YOUR HELP.
Error is as following:
Error: The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for parallel use on the current platform (win64).

The operation completed successfully.

C:\working\libudf\win64\3d_host\libudf.dll
Error Object: #f
mohibanwar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 25, 2016, 08:03
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Wai Yan Thet Paing
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 7
Wai Yan Thet Paing is on a distinguished road
same here!
Wai Yan Thet Paing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 31, 2016, 04:52
Default
  #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,759
Rep Power: 22
pakk will become famous soon enough
See here for more info.
gaza likes this.
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 2, 2017, 10:27
Default
  #4
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Japan
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 7
kywong5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohibanwar View Post
Hello Everyone,
As i am New to UDF Scheme coding and Compiling option.SO i need you guys to help me out as i have tried almost every post related to my problem but i did not get it.Thanks
My problem is to Link the C compiler with Fluent.
My system parameters are,
Windows 7 (64 Bit)
Fluent 14.5 (64 Bit)
Fluent 15.0.7 64 Bit

About the compilers i have checked almost every version of the Microsoft visual studio and Windows SDk but every time i got the same problem which pictures i have posted.I have set the path inside the environment variables also i have started fluent from VS command prompts and SDK command promts.I also Run fluent in serial and parallel mode but results were same.
Can any body can suggest me as i am totally exhausted with this process again and again.
I have used VS 2008 SP1,VS 2010 Express and Ultimate,VS 2012 Ultimate with SDK 7.1 and 2.0 Net framwork SDK 2.0 for 64 Bit.
I have also kept my case and data file and Source code file in same folder that is working director but results are same.

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME OUT I NEED YOUR HELP.
Error is as following:
Error: The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for parallel use on the current platform (win64).

The operation completed successfully.

C:\working\libudf\win64\3d_host\libudf.dll
Error Object: #f
Hi, I face the same problem too. Could I know how you solve it?
kywong5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 27, 2017, 10:43
Default
  #5
New Member
 
Jennifer Von
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 5
Jennifer Von is on a distinguished road
I solved it by changing serial to parallel when I started fluent
Jennifer Von is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 27, 2017, 20:14
Default
  #6
Senior Member
 
Alexander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,608
Rep Power: 23
AlexanderZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Von View Post
I solved it by changing serial to parallel when I started fluent
hahaha, nice joke. Happy New Year
AlexanderZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 27, 2017, 20:19
Default
  #7
New Member
 
Jennifer Von
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 5
Jennifer Von is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderZ View Post
hahaha, nice joke. Happy New Year
No.It is not a joke.I really made that mistake.
Your Happy New Year is the first one I heard.
Anyway,Happy New Year!
Jennifer Von is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 28, 2017, 02:10
Default
  #8
Senior Member
 
Alexander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,608
Rep Power: 23
AlexanderZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Von View Post
No.It is not a joke.I really made that mistake.
Your Happy New Year is the first one I heard.
Anyway,Happy New Year!
switching between parallel and single solver will NOT solve problems with compiling.

Author of thread is trying to LOAD precompiled library instead of compiling it.

What you did is just LOAD precompiled for parallel solver library using parallel.

However, usually you can compile that library for single solver to without any changes in source code.

Your comment may confuse users in future.

Best regards
ekha and THA SEANGHAI like this.
AlexanderZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 28, 2017, 02:58
Default
  #9
New Member
 
Jennifer Von
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 5
Jennifer Von is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderZ View Post
switching between parallel and single solver will NOT solve problems with compiling.

Author of thread is trying to LOAD precompiled library instead of compiling it.

What you did is just LOAD precompiled for parallel solver library using parallel.

However, usually you can compile that library for single solver to without any changes in source code.

Your comment may confuse users in future.

Best regards
Sorry, I didn't make my point clear.
I ran a case and compiled library successfully using parallel on my laptop.
Then I copy that case/dat/c files, all of them, to my computer and then I started fluent using serial, it failed. At last switching between parallel and single solver solved my problem.
THA SEANGHAI likes this.
Jennifer Von is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 3, 2018, 06:21
Default
  #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 224
Rep Power: 8
obscureed is on a distinguished road
The original post dates back to 2015, but obviously it shows up in some searches, so I might as well spell out the steps you need to get a UDF to run in Fluent:
(1) Set up the compiler.
(2) Start Fluent in the correct working directory.
(3) If the libudf is not already compiled for the current Fluent session, make Fluent compile it.
(4) Make Fluent load the libudf.
(5) Hook in the UDF to wherever it is intended to go.

Some comments on each step:
(1) This can be a complicated process, but you only need to do it once for a specific system. (Actually, the last few times I have done it on Windows, it was not complicated at all. I used "Visual Studio 2012 Express", and the installation set up all the environment variables for me. No need to launch from SDK prompts etc.)
(2) Selecting the correct working directory at launch time is much easier than trying to navigate to it later. (You would not think that Fluent would be so inflexible, but it really is. See also the important advice to avoid spaces in the whole path to your working directory.)
(3) As Jennifer Von has pointed out, if you have compiled it on one operating system for Fluent in parallel and single-precision, then that does not mean that you have compiled it for any other combination (operating system, parallel/serial, single/double).
(4) Compilation and loading generally happens automatically when you re-open a working case. Because of this, I would not recommend having more than one libudf in a directory. (This used to be OK, but not any more.) Also, there is a nasty trap here: if you have an already-compiled libudf, and then you try to re-compile but fail (for example, due to compilation errors), then you might still be able to load the old libudf. So, whenever you compile, you *must* scroll back through the messages to check whether it has worked. This is tedious and error-prone.
(5) Note a small distinction between the libudf (possibly more than one UDF, defined by a collection of source files) and a UDF inside it.

For each of those steps, consult the help files -- but maybe it helps to know that these are the steps to follow.
mattshifantastic likes this.
obscureed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 5, 2019, 21:44
Smile Change Encoding
  #11
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 4
edgravity is on a distinguished road
Change your format to .c with an encoding of Western Euro (ISO) - Codepage 28591.

That worked for me with version 17.1
edgravity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 8, 2020, 08:50
Default I have tried,but it does not work.It has the same problem.
  #12
Senior Member
 
dega
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 292
Rep Power: 6
hitzhwan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Von View Post
I solved it by changing serial to parallel when I started fluent
I have tried,but it does not work.It has the same problem.

Error: The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for parallel use on the current platform (win64).\n\n???????????
\n\nC:\CFD\libudf\win64\2ddp_host\libudf.dll
Error Object: #f
hitzhwan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 10, 2020, 07:25
Default
  #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,759
Rep Power: 22
pakk will become famous soon enough
See here for answers. Seriously.
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 8, 2020, 16:16
Default Take care for the name of your file
  #14
New Member
 
Haitham Osman
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
Haitham Osman CFD is on a distinguished road
Please, NAME your c file WITHOUT any spacing

EX: Good file.c (wrong ) ...... Good_file.c (correct )

It may help you guys
Haitham Osman CFD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 8, 2020, 17:33
Default
  #15
Senior Member
 
dega
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 292
Rep Power: 6
hitzhwan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderZ View Post
hahaha, nice joke. Happy New Year
Yes,got it,thank you
hitzhwan is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Current density visualisation (PEM fuel cell add-on module) pchoopanya FLUENT 9 April 2, 2018 02:27
UDF library load error smgeorge531 Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming 6 August 26, 2013 04:06
cannot load UDF library jayilosa Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming 3 November 16, 2011 12:44
Parralel procesing: udf library does not load. Filankes FLUENT 0 March 6, 2011 09:55
Why udf can not be compiled in my pc? Xinqiang FLUENT 0 June 10, 2009 14:32


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22.