CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming

Fatal signal in fluent 6.3.26

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bruno Machado

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   February 26, 2016, 06:57
Default Fatal signal in fluent 6.3.26
  #1
New Member
 
scool
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 2
NewFluent is on a distinguished road
Hi,
I uses the Fluent 6.3.26 and when I want hooking (UDF DEFINE_ON_DEMAND) in " Execute on Demand " menu,This error occurs.

Error:
FLUENT received fatal signal (ACCESS_VIOLATION)
1. Note exact events leading to error.
2. Save case/data under new name.
3. Exit program and restart to continue.
4. Report error to your distributor.
Error Object: ()

in my UDF I want to Eliminate the values of negative pressures in Zone Fluid domain. can you guid me.
NewFluent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 26, 2016, 08:07
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Bruno Machado
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 259
Rep Power: 5
Bruno Machado is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFluent View Post
Hi,
I uses the Fluent 6.3.26 and when I want hooking (UDF DEFINE_ON_DEMAND) in " Execute on Demand " menu,This error occurs.

Error:
FLUENT received fatal signal (ACCESS_VIOLATION)
1. Note exact events leading to error.
2. Save case/data under new name.
3. Exit program and restart to continue.
4. Report error to your distributor.
Error Object: ()

in my UDF I want to Eliminate the values of negative pressures in Zone Fluid domain. can you guid me.
if you post your UDF we might be able to help you.
Bruno Machado is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 26, 2016, 09:10
Default Fatal signal in fluent 6.3.26
  #3
New Member
 
scool
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 2
NewFluent is on a distinguished road
this is my UDF
/*********************************************/
#include "udf.h"

/* ************************************************** ************/
DEFINE_ON_DEMAND(pressure_adjust)
{
/************************************************** *************/
Domain *domain;
Thread *t;
cell_t c; /* Define a cell variable */
face_t f; /* Define a cell face variable */
int ID=4; /* Integer 4 is the fluid domain number, */
real x[ND_ND];
domain=Get_Domain(1);
/************************************************** ********/
thread_loop_c(t,domain)
{
begin_c_loop(c,t)
{
if (C_P(c,t)<0) /* If the pressure within the fluid domain is smaller than 0 Pa, switch it
back to 0 Pa */
{C_P(c,t)=0;}
}
end_c_loop(c,t)
}
thread_loop_f(t,domain)
{
begin_f_loop(f,t)
{
if (F_P(f,t)<0)
{F_P(f,t)=0;}
}
end_f_loop(c,t)
}
}
/************************************************** *************/
NewFluent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 26, 2016, 10:59
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Bruno Machado
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 259
Rep Power: 5
Bruno Machado is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFluent View Post
this is my UDF
/*********************************************/
#include "udf.h"

/* ************************************************** ************/
DEFINE_ON_DEMAND(pressure_adjust)
{
/************************************************** *************/
Domain *domain;
Thread *t;
cell_t c; /* Define a cell variable */
face_t f; /* Define a cell face variable */
int ID=4; /* Integer 4 is the fluid domain number, */
real x[ND_ND];
domain=Get_Domain(1);
/************************************************** ********/
thread_loop_c(t,domain)
{
begin_c_loop(c,t)
{
if (C_P(c,t)<0) /* If the pressure within the fluid domain is smaller than 0 Pa, switch it
back to 0 Pa */
{C_P(c,t)=0;}
}
end_c_loop(c,t)
}
thread_loop_f(t,domain)
{
begin_f_loop(f,t)
{
if (F_P(f,t)<0)
{F_P(f,t)=0;}
}
end_f_loop(c,t)
}
}
/************************************************** *************/
you are defining your fluid domain as 4 but you are looping it in all the domains, not only in this one. you can add an if like the following to your code, then it will loop it only in the zone ID 4.

if (Zone_ID ==4)

in addition to that, what is the physical meaning of a non negative pressure? any reason for that? can you explain a bit more of your problem?
NewFluent likes this.
Bruno Machado is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 26, 2016, 12:58
Default Fatal signal in fluent 6.3.26
  #5
New Member
 
scool
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 2
NewFluent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Machado View Post
you are defining your fluid domain as 4 but you are looping it in all the domains, not only in this one. you can add an if like the following to your code, then it will loop it only in the zone ID 4.

if (Zone_ID ==4)

in addition to that, what is the physical meaning of a non negative pressure? any reason for that? can you explain a bit more of your problem?
This UDF considers the zone where the pressure is smaller than the ambient pressure (usually 0 Pa, gauge pressure) as the cavitation area.
this problems exists in the hydrodynamic lubrication (Journals and Thrusts Bearings).

can you execut this UDf for me in your PC , and look if you have this ERROR
thanks.
NewFluent is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FLUENT received fatal signal (ACCESS_VIOLATION) sirpolar Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming 2 December 23, 2014 08:24
Fluent Error: fatal signal received (Segmentation fault) gopalkrishnan FLUENT 0 December 16, 2014 02:37
FLUENT received fatal signal (ACCESS_VIOLATION) natantyt Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming 7 February 8, 2014 15:07
FLUENT received fatal signal (ACCESS_VIOLATION) vaibhavraikhare FLUENT 0 August 4, 2011 01:51
Fluent received fatal signal (ACCESS_VIOLATION) sravan451 Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming 5 May 10, 2011 23:37


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:59.