CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > OpenFOAM > OpenFOAM Programming & Development

Store initial mesh - moving mesh

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   June 28, 2021, 05:40
Default Store initial mesh - moving mesh
  #1
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 5
elb31 is on a distinguished road
Hello



I have developed a incremental mechanics solver able to deform the mesh at each time step by interpolating the displacement values at the mesh points.

Now I'd need a method to "store" the initial mesh, before any deformation occurs, is there a way to do that?

Thanks for any suggestion you will be able to provide
elb31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 28, 2021, 05:57
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Mark Olesen
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: https://olesenm.github.io/
Posts: 1,689
Rep Power: 40
olesen has a spectacular aura aboutolesen has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by elb31 View Post
Hello

I have developed a incremental mechanics solver able to deform the mesh at each time step by interpolating the displacement values at the mesh points.

Now I'd need a method to "store" the initial mesh, before any deformation occurs, is there a way to do that?

Thanks for any suggestion you will be able to provide

You normally don't do that. Instead you use the points0() member from the motion solver.
olesen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 28, 2021, 08:03
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 5
elb31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by olesen View Post
You normally don't do that. Instead you use the points0() member from the motion solver.
Thank you very much for your suggestion olesen.

Actually I am not using motionSolver to move my mesh, but I am doing it with the movePoints() method of fvMesh.
elb31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 28, 2021, 13:54
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Mark Olesen
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: https://olesenm.github.io/
Posts: 1,689
Rep Power: 40
olesen has a spectacular aura aboutolesen has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by elb31 View Post
Thank you very much for your suggestion olesen.

Actually I am not using motionSolver to move my mesh, but I am doing it with the movePoints() method of fvMesh.
In that case, look at what the motion solver has implemented for the points0() access and use similar code yourself.
olesen is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
incremental solver, initial mesh, mesh deformation, mesh update

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Segmentation fault when using reactingFOAM for Fluids Tommy Floessner OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 4 April 22, 2018 12:30
chtMultiRegionSimpleFoam turbulent case Aditya Patil OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 6 April 24, 2017 22:13
Floating point exception error lpz_michele OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 53 October 19, 2015 02:50
Compressor Simulation using rhoPimpleDyMFoam Jetfire OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 107 December 9, 2014 13:38
Unstabil Simulation with chtMultiRegionFoam mbay101 OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD 13 December 28, 2013 13:12


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21.