CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD

Humid Air Modelisation with OpenFOAM

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   April 29, 2014, 04:47
Question Humid Air Modelisation with OpenFOAM
  #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 5
Miki12 is on a distinguished road
Hi everybody,

I would like to calculate humid air as a perfect mixture of two miscibles components ( air and water vapor) with OpenFOAM and I would like to calculate the relative humidity of this air and the water vapor pressure. I have already use a equivalent fluid from which I have calculated volume-weighted properties. But this time, I would like to have two different parts.I would like to know the way to do with multiphase flow model (reactingParcelFIlmFoam, interPhaseChangeFoam). Does anybody know how to do it?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Miki
Miki12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 5, 2014, 09:34
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 5
Miki12 is on a distinguished road
Hello everybody,

Nobody knows how to do? Any insight will be very helpful!

Thank you so much,
Best regards,

Miki
Miki12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 21, 2015, 10:21
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Jordi
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Wageningen
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 4
mol018 is on a distinguished road
I have a similar problem, does anybody knows how to solve?
Thanks in advance!
mol018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 22, 2015, 03:51
Default A reference paper hint
  #4
Member
 
Andrea Petronio
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trieste, Italy
Posts: 39
Rep Power: 10
andrea is on a distinguished road
Dear all,
we developed a specific solver for this problem , including evaporation and condensation effect, with conjugate heat transfer.
You can find the model explained in "P. Sosnowski, A. Petronio, V. Armenio, Numerical model for thin liquid film with evaporation and condensation on solid surfaces in systems with conjugated heat transfer, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 66 (2013) 382395".

Hope it helps
Andrea
andrea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 18, 2017, 12:03
Default
  #5
New Member
 
sandy
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 7
vishwakarma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea View Post
Dear all,
we developed a specific solver for this problem , including evaporation and condensation effect, with conjugate heat transfer.
You can find the model explained in "P. Sosnowski, A. Petronio, V. Armenio, Numerical model for thin liquid film with evaporation and condensation on solid surfaces in systems with conjugated heat transfer, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 66 (2013) 382395".

Hope it helps
Andrea
Hi Andrea,
I am trying to implement the above suggested paper model in OpenFOAM. It will be really helpful if you can let me know about its validation performance. I understand that you might have done more validation of the model mentioned in paper. Please let me how did this model performed w.r.t to your test case.

The paper only deals with a laminar flow int the pipe where it is comparing its result with experimental finding. Please let us know if you have more comparison.

Thank you
vishwakarma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 19, 2017, 04:56
Default more works done with the model
  #6
Member
 
Andrea Petronio
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trieste, Italy
Posts: 39
Rep Power: 10
andrea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwakarma View Post
Hi Andrea,
I am trying to implement the above suggested paper model in OpenFOAM. It will be really helpful if you can let me know about its validation performance. I understand that you might have done more validation of the model mentioned in paper. Please let me how did this model performed w.r.t to your test case.

The paper only deals with a laminar flow int the pipe where it is comparing its result with experimental finding. Please let us know if you have more comparison.

Thank you
Hi,
yes we worked a lot on this model. If your're interested in a turbulent flow have a look to:
Cintolesi, Petronio, Armenio, "Large eddy simulation of turbulent buoyant flow in a confined cavity with conjugate heat transfer"Physics of Fluids 27(9): September 2015 DOI: 10.1063/1.4930815
and
Cintolesi, Petronio, Armenio,"Large-eddy simulation of thin film evaporation and condensation from a hot plate in enclosure: First order statistics", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 101:1123-1137 October 2016 DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2016.06.006.
The paper with second order statistics analysis is under review.
Moreover we introduced the radiation modeling in the CHT model as you can check in
Cintolesi, Nilsson, Petronio, Armenio,
"Numerical simulation of conjugate heat transfer and surface radiative heat transfer using the P1 thermal radiation model: Parametric study in benchmark cases",International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 107(April 2017):956971 April 2017 DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2016.11.006.
Hope it helps!
andrea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 20, 2017, 05:15
Default
  #7
New Member
 
sandy
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 7
vishwakarma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea View Post
Hi,
yes we worked a lot on this model. If your're interested in a turbulent flow have a look to:
Cintolesi, Petronio, Armenio, "Large eddy simulation of turbulent buoyant flow in a confined cavity with conjugate heat transfer"Physics of Fluids 27(9): September 2015 DOI: 10.1063/1.4930815
and
Cintolesi, Petronio, Armenio,"Large-eddy simulation of thin film evaporation and condensation from a hot plate in enclosure: First order statistics", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 101:1123-1137 October 2016 DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2016.06.006.
The paper with second order statistics analysis is under review.
Moreover we introduced the radiation modeling in the CHT model as you can check in
Cintolesi, Nilsson, Petronio, Armenio,
"Numerical simulation of conjugate heat transfer and surface radiative heat transfer using the P1 thermal radiation model: Parametric study in benchmark cases",International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 107(April 2017):956971 April 2017 DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2016.11.006.
Hope it helps!
Thank you so much Andrea for your reply. let me go through the papers mentioned by you.
Allow me to ask for on one more help if it is possible for you. If there are no copyright issue, will you be able to share the code that you have implemented in OpenFOAM. it will be a great help to take the study further.

Please let me know your thought.

Thanks and Regards
Sandip
vishwakarma is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
modeling condensation in humid air... a.mashayekh FLUENT 9 May 7, 2015 19:12
Radiation interface hinca CFX 15 January 26, 2014 18:11
2D Mesh Generation Tutorial for GMSH aeroslacker Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ... 12 January 19, 2012 04:52
Cross-compiling OpenFOAM 1.7.0 on Linux for Windows 32 and 64bits with Mingw-w64 wyldckat OpenFOAM Announcements from Other Sources 3 September 8, 2010 06:25
air bubble is disappear increasing time using vof xujjun CFX 9 June 9, 2009 07:59


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25.